• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review JN063: Challenge! Pokémon Marine Athletics!!

The writers seems to be mostly consistent with the personalities and quarks of Goh's Pokémon. Dewgong showed his 'in love' (Brock like) side again. :p

And Dracovish, will him biting Ash's head after being called out become a running gag? It realy gave me James vibes. And he has proven being able to stay on land for longer periods of time.

And Chloe and Eevee were also interesting.

What a fun episode. If it wasn't that Dewgong fault for jealously for love. Otherwise, either Ash, Goh or Chloe would had won the compeition. Nevertheless, congratulation for Chloe getting the water stone from the character of the day. Presumably, she might never use it.

Overall rating: B+

What a fun episode. If it wasn't that Dewgong fault for jealously for love. Otherwise, either Ash, Goh or Chloe would had won the compeition. Nevertheless, congratulation for Chloe getting the water stone from the character of the day. Presumably, she might never use it.

Overall rating: B+

You know what, i smell a Poliwag into Poliwhirl evolution the near future, who then conveniently finds the Water Stone lying around and evolve into Poliwrath, which makes Chloe angy, who then snaps a Goh, since he makes the comment: She shouldn't have let the Water Stone lying around.

Very good episode, Dracovish got more than I thought he would, without taking away from the Koharu/Eevee focus, and Grookey once again proves to be great.

You know what, i smell a Poliwag into Poliwhirl evolution the near future, who then conveniently finds the Water Stone lying around and evolve into Poliwrath, which makes Chloe angy, who then snaps a Goh, since he makes the comment: She shouldn't have let the Water Stone lying around.
Deja vu

I'm surprsied that Bulbapedia hasn't updated the page for the fish dragon yet with the moves yet.

I’m just so glad we got to see Dracovish here, showing off what makes it unique as a Pokémon and its own personality and relationship with Ash - this is I wanted!

But there is no excuse for this to be the first time it has been shown since it’s capture, they should have bumped up its capture to a later point so there wouldn’t have been such a big gap.

Failing that, all they had to do was show it running about and biting Ash’s head briefly in the intervening episodes, maybe show it excitably reacting to Suicune’s roar? It could have been shown frightening Sobble?

I’d like to reiterate, I am very glad Dracovish got to be part of this episode.

The Chloe and Eevee stuff was really great too, I just really wish they didn’t disappear for five episodes after every good bit of focus.

Sigh... putting aside my problems with the wider series... this episode was pretty great! It was cool seeing the Huntail battle.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom