• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Reunion of the Past, Present, and Future!? VS Kairyu!! (Fake)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be honest, I was hoping this would be the return of Gary

Iris is just as good, Dragonite vs Dragonite, at least its not Pikachu vs Excadrill

Wonder if Axew will have evolved or not

Wonder if Axew will have evolved or not
While they would be great, I'm personally more wondering if Gible has evolved, since my hopes for Axew evolving have long since all but disappeared (what with the promising evolution setup that was abandoned because of marketing reasons).

While they would be great, I'm personally more wondering if Gible has evolved, since my hopes for Axew evolving have long since all but disappeared (what with the promising evolution setup that was abandoned because of marketing reasons).
If I'm not mistaken it was abandoned because of Animation reasons instead of marketing reasons for once.

Haxorus apparently being too difficult to animate

I've never heard that explanation, and I'm not sure if it could be true.
I don't know if this is true, but I heard the same about Boldore not evolving (though Gigalith is easier to see that reason for) but Haxorus I think only had the one BW appearance (2 if you count Axew's dream) so I think it can make sense.

Which kind of a Gible are you talking about, Ash's or Iris's, huh?

Would be nice if Iris has caught another dragon type, maybe from Kalos, Alola or Galar and/or evolved Axew and/or Gible

If she has the same team of Axew, Excadrill, Emolga, Dragonite and Gible, it would be a shame as it would seem she has made little to no progress
I'm a bit torn on this, honestly. On one hand, yay for progress! On the other hand, anything beyond the Gible catch would be completely off-screen.

I'm hoping that this episode is good. To be honest I've pretty much stopped paying attention to Journeys (outside of the dub of course).

I'm a bit torn on this, honestly. On one hand, yay for progress! On the other hand, anything beyond the Gible catch would be completely off-screen.
Traveling companions have gotten off-screen development before after their departures. May had several of her Pokémon evolve, and both Brock and Misty acquired Mega Evolution.

Traveling companions have gotten off-screen development before after their departures. May had several of her Pokémon evolve, and both Brock and Misty acquired Mega Evolution.
To be fair, none of those were new captures, but rather development for Pokemon that the characters already had. I guess Misty getting a Gyarados might be consider somewhat of an exception, since that only happened in a Chronicles episode after she'd already left the main cast, but aside from that, nobody's ever gotten actual new captures completely offscreen so far.

Iris may or may not be an exception once she debuts, but I am expecting her to have evolved her Gible into at least a Gabite. Axew meanwhile, I dunno... on one hand, the fact that he's no longer part of the main cast and is only going to be onscreen temporarily means that there's less marketing/animating restraints that might demand to keep him unevolved, but on the other hand having Axew get an offscreen evolution would just not feel satisfying at all especially considering how much of Axew's "growth" when he actually was part of the main cast consisted in him pulling DEMs out of his butt whenever the plot called for it.

But whatever, I don't think even Axew could mar the potential Dragonite vs Dragonite battle that's being implied here, so I'm actually really looking forward to this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom