• Bubapedia Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Our technical staff are continuing to monitor the wiki to try and resolve these ongoing issues that are impacting page and image loading. We apologize for the inconvenience. We'll update as soon as we've got more information on this for you.

• Check out our new Mysterious Garden forum style if you haven't already - we're sure you'll love it!
  • All members are allowed to express their opinions, no matter how unpopular, so long as they respect others and do not claim their opinion is the only valid opinion. While we understand that there is debate regarding Goh, someone posting an opinion you disagree with does not give you the right to attack them or report the content for trolling/baiting. This notice will serve as a 0-point warning and as such, Anime & Manga staff reserve the right to jump immediately to point warnings. For more information regarding our stance on arguments and debates, see this PSA.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Preview JN064: The Detested Absol

Status
Not open for further replies.

skiittylalis

generation 6 apologist
Reaction score
Pronouns
she/her
i literally called this episodes plot in my last post in this thread huh....... the writers really hate being creative for some reason. the disaster in this episode also involves water, the same disaster in ag. geez this is lazy

ten bucks its team rocket causing the disaster because looks like this episode literally cannot be creative in any way shape or form

Islander Princess

My Little Ponyta
Reaction score
I will give Journeys credit for having some of the PWC challengers reappear. It's nice to see that they've kept some of that from SM where COTDs were basically non-existent. I don't mind having some COTDs, but it is nice to have some minor recurring characters as well.

I will not give them credit for the overall plot, though. I was worried this would be a rehash of the Absol episode we already had in AG, and this sounds almost identical. Absol is a Pokémon we don't get to see very often, so pretty disappointing they can't come up with anything different for its first feature episode in a while.

Kurolegacy

Reaction score
I will give Journeys credit for having some of the PWC challengers reappear. It's nice to see that they've kept some of that from SM where COTDs were basically non-existent. I don't mind having some COTDs, but it is nice to have some minor recurring characters as well.

I will not give them credit for the overall plot, though. I was worried this would be a rehash of the Absol episode we already had in AG, and this sounds almost identical. Absol is a Pokémon we don't get to see very often, so pretty disappointing they can't come up with anything different for its first feature episode in a while.
Technically Hodge wasn’t a PWC competitor since he appeared before the PWC was first mentioned but I wouldn’t put it past the writers to have him as a competitor now.

BigDocFan

The Arcanine of Legend!
Reaction score
Technically Hodge wasn’t a PWC competitor since he appeared before the PWC was first mentioned but I wouldn’t put it past the writers to have him as a competitor now.

I do feel that Hodge would be a great rival in the PWC, too bad the next episode will see Ash fighting to enter the Hyper Class

Islander Princess

My Little Ponyta
Reaction score

Ack, you're right! I totally forgot he was in the Flute Cup and not the PWC (probably because that was one of my least favorite episodes, lol.) Still, nice to see what I thought was a COTD appear again!

marshiyanmisuta

マーシャンミスター
Reaction score
If that guy from ep 7 returns after all, Pochama from ep 8 might came back as well.

BigDocFan

The Arcanine of Legend!
Reaction score
With Hodge coming from Lavaridge Town, I'm hoping that this is the location, helped by the fact it has a hot spring which the summary mentioned.

We probably won't see Flannery though

GalarChamp_Cinderace

Champion of the Galar Region!
Reaction score
Pronouns
she/her
So, this is a Houen based episode, with an Absol in it. HARUKA CONFIRMED!!!

Kurolegacy

Reaction score
With Hodge coming from Lavaridge Town, I'm hoping that this is the location, helped by the fact it has a hot spring which the summary mentioned.

We probably won't see Flannery though
Just like Chuck was nowhere to be seen in episode 36 despite his city being in trouble from Flygon.

Nicolas721

Reaction score
Lol, I actually predicted Ash and Hodge meeting again on Lavaridge Town a year ago.

I wasn't really expecting to see him now as he seemed more like an early-series rival, but better late than never I guess. I still don't see him reaching the Top 8 though.

Am I forgetting something? Ah yeah, the Absol. I can definitely see a story where Go's very dismissive of it because of his beliefs in facts, but eventually grows to understand it, while Ash's "plot" is mostly his interactions with Hodge.

Handy Man

SoCal King K. Rool main
Reaction score
I popped off when I saw that Hodge was coming back, JN007 is still my favorite episode of Journeys so far. I can’t wait to see him again.

VetProf

Reaction score
In my defense, have you SEEN the size of the spiders in the pokemon region?

Flooding the region is the only logical option

#TeamAquaDidNothingWrong #MakeHoennWaterAgain
On one hand, there's stuff like Ariados, Galvantula, and Araquanid running around. Not exactly stuff that's native to Hoenn, but I see your point.

On the other hand, Joltik is tied with several other Pokemon for the title of smallest Pokemon ever. Who'd wanna drown this cute little thing?

BigDocFan

The Arcanine of Legend!
Reaction score
With Hodge putting in an appearance this episode, part of me would like to see him maybe catch Absol instead of Goh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom