• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN064: The Detested Absol

Status
Not open for further replies.
i literally called this episodes plot in my last post in this thread huh....... the writers really hate being creative for some reason. the disaster in this episode also involves water, the same disaster in ag. geez this is lazy

ten bucks its team rocket causing the disaster because looks like this episode literally cannot be creative in any way shape or form

I will give Journeys credit for having some of the PWC challengers reappear. It's nice to see that they've kept some of that from SM where COTDs were basically non-existent. I don't mind having some COTDs, but it is nice to have some minor recurring characters as well.

I will not give them credit for the overall plot, though. I was worried this would be a rehash of the Absol episode we already had in AG, and this sounds almost identical. Absol is a Pokémon we don't get to see very often, so pretty disappointing they can't come up with anything different for its first feature episode in a while.

I will give Journeys credit for having some of the PWC challengers reappear. It's nice to see that they've kept some of that from SM where COTDs were basically non-existent. I don't mind having some COTDs, but it is nice to have some minor recurring characters as well.

I will not give them credit for the overall plot, though. I was worried this would be a rehash of the Absol episode we already had in AG, and this sounds almost identical. Absol is a Pokémon we don't get to see very often, so pretty disappointing they can't come up with anything different for its first feature episode in a while.
Technically Hodge wasn’t a PWC competitor since he appeared before the PWC was first mentioned but I wouldn’t put it past the writers to have him as a competitor now.

Technically Hodge wasn’t a PWC competitor since he appeared before the PWC was first mentioned but I wouldn’t put it past the writers to have him as a competitor now.

I do feel that Hodge would be a great rival in the PWC, too bad the next episode will see Ash fighting to enter the Hyper Class

Ack, you're right! I totally forgot he was in the Flute Cup and not the PWC (probably because that was one of my least favorite episodes, lol.) Still, nice to see what I thought was a COTD appear again!

If that guy from ep 7 returns after all, Pochama from ep 8 might came back as well.

Lol, I actually predicted Ash and Hodge meeting again on Lavaridge Town a year ago.

I wasn't really expecting to see him now as he seemed more like an early-series rival, but better late than never I guess. I still don't see him reaching the Top 8 though.

Am I forgetting something? Ah yeah, the Absol. I can definitely see a story where Go's very dismissive of it because of his beliefs in facts, but eventually grows to understand it, while Ash's "plot" is mostly his interactions with Hodge.

In my defense, have you SEEN the size of the spiders in the pokemon region?

Flooding the region is the only logical option

#TeamAquaDidNothingWrong #MakeHoennWaterAgain
On one hand, there's stuff like Ariados, Galvantula, and Araquanid running around. Not exactly stuff that's native to Hoenn, but I see your point.

On the other hand, Joltik is tied with several other Pokemon for the title of smallest Pokemon ever. Who'd wanna drown this cute little thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom