• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN064: The Detested Absol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found this on Serebii courtesy of Dephender
9HhC0Xu.jpg

Satoshi and Go head to the Houen region to research a hot spring inn that's no longer getting any water. The villagers say an Absol is to blame, but...
FOCUS ON THIS:
The Disaster Pokémon Absol is really cool!!
Take note of the calm and collected Absol! Is it really the cause of this?!

Found this on Serebii courtesy of Dephender

Satoshi and Go head to the Houen region to research a hot spring inn that's no longer getting any water. The villagers say an Absol is to blame, but...
FOCUS ON THIS:
The Disaster Pokémon Absol is really cool!!
Take note of the calm and collected Absol! Is it really the cause of this?!
the snow in the background means Glailie is appearing here. if so, is it possible that it's a dual capture episode for both Ash and Goh?

Maybe the Absol will go to Hodge instead? Also, considering how this guy made an appearance, this could possibly set up more future appearances as well in the future. Heck, maybe even the girl with the Piplup and Croagunk will come back.

That being said, I don't like the prospect of Absol going to either Ash or Goh because it will be shafted to the side anyway. At least give it to a minor character where it'll at least get a chance to shine. (Actually, the more I think about it, the more I want Absol to go to Hodge).

That seems like a good compromise, in theory.
But it'll get the same response, people will still be upset/get angry at the idea that such Pokemon going to a recurring character instead of joining the main ones. Even if that means that it'll get no focus.
At this point, everything related to who catches anything is ensured to cause discontent.

I won't mind it going to Houji, despite my main candidate still being Satoshi.
But I'll prepare myself for disappointment if it ends up being caught by Gou.

Summary and incomplete VA list courtesy of Adamant

Satoshi and Go have received a research request from Hoji, who Satoshi battled a while ago, regarding a hot spring inn that isn't getting any water anymore. Is this the Disaster Pokémon Absol's doings?! Satoshi and Go go to the Houen region!

Summary:
Satoshi and Go have received a research request from Hoji in the Houen region, a boy Satoshi battled a while ago. It appears the hot spring inn Hoji's grandfather runs isn't getting any water anymore. The villagers blame the Disaster Pokémon Absol, but is this REALLY Absol's doing?! Satoshi and Go head to the Houen region to pin down the actual cause.

Voice Cast:
Rica Matsumoto: Satoshi
Daiki Yamashita: Go
Ikue Ohtani: Pikachu
Megumi Hayashibara: Aceburn
Yuichi Nakamura: Professor Sakuragi

What's up with these incomplete cast lists?

The monkey's reign was short lived, Aceburn has reclaimed its rightful place.

What's up with these incomplete cast lists?

From what I can gather, A possibility that was mentioned a while ago was supposedly communication issues due to COVID.

The monkey's reign was short lived, Aceburn has reclaimed its rightful place.

Probably absent from the list given how short it is[/QUOTE]

So is this the guy from episode 7? That’s kinda cool I guess, one of many things I loved about SM is how there were basically no one episode characters

I won't say anything about a rivalry.
Unless they have a rematch, of course.
Bonus points if he uses Absol against Satoshi.

Now, I'm intrigued.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom