• Please check out our recent thread on handling different opinions and toxic behavior here.
  • All members are allowed to express their opinions, no matter how unpopular, so long as they respect others and do not claim their opinion is the only valid opinion. While we understand that there is debate regarding Goh, someone posting an opinion you disagree with does not give you the right to attack them or report the content for trolling/baiting. This notice will serve as a 0-point warning and as such, Anime & Manga staff reserve the right to jump immediately to point warnings. For more information regarding our stance on arguments and debates, see this PSA.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Review JN064: The Detested Absol

Reaction score
Look like Goh will surely going to catch Mew in the next few week up ahead. Nonetheless, this episode is boring except only for the guys to break the rock that block the geyser as for Goh catch Absol in a rescue attempt.

Overall rating: C-

All life matters. Not matter age or skin color!
Reaction score
Boring episode overall.
Completely random (and somewhat selfish) capture of Absol, almost like Suicune 2.0.
More sidekick Ash.
Struggling to break a rock? Why not use more Pokemon instead of hjust having 1-2 on the party?
Is it a bit like the AG episode?

Huggable Alolan Raichu
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
Reaction score
Hardly selfish when Goh did it to save Absol and then offered it a chance to go.
Replace Absol with Suicune and this post holds very well, regardless of the intention or situation.
Gou can apologize all he wants and claim the best of intentions, and I'm sure he genuinely cared about Suicune's well-being, but he took advantage of the situating to serve his own gain. Only someone who was absolutely itching to claim Suicune for themselves would have instantly decided that chucking a ball was the only option.
And boy, Gou must really be chiseled in the likeness of Arceus himself. You're telling me that he: 1.) has the skill to catch Legendaries, 2.) Is so selfless that he offers to release them, and 3.) Is so sexy that the Legendary refuses to leave? This takes "having your cake and eating it too" to a whole new level.

Reaction score
Hardly selfish when Goh did it to save Absol and then offered it a chance to go.

I think the music is pretty good.
I mean, i am getting used to it, but I'm not sure if I can watch Pokemon without Miyazaki's music. It doesn't feel right, not to mention Miyazaki is by far a better composer.

Reaction score
I liked the episode of last week better.

And I like the concept of a person catching a Pokémon to save it (and afterwards giving it the choise to leave or stay), but the writers have to look out they don't use it to much in the same way. It was very similar as Suicunes choise. The way it went back to the ball and with the nose...

Maybe next time without the nose. Or making signals Goh has to recall it himself. Or the Pokémon wants a battle before making the choise. Or the Pokémon leaves/destroying the pokéball.

Goh attempting to use his reserves was nice. But why not flying to the destination? :p Ash and Goh have big flying Pokémon.

Up to next week.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I liked the episode of last week better.

And I like the concept of a person catching a Pokémon to save it (and afterwards giving it the choise to leave or stay), but the writers have to look out they don't use it to much in the same way. It was very similar as Suicunes choise. The way it went back to the ball and with the nose...

Maybe next time without the nose. Or making signals Goh has to recall it himself. Or the Pokémon wants a battle before making the choise. Or the Pokémon leaves/destroying the pokéball.

Goh attempting to use his reserves was nice. But why not flying to the destination? :p Ash and Goh have big flying Pokémon.

Up to next week.
Yeah, really hope the "saving" method is retired for a bit now (though I do like the concept myself, and it pulled from both Suicune/Cynaquil). I really like, and outside of Absol, the episode wasn't too "AG Absol episode," that Absol has to be the one to break the rock that's threatening the area.

All life matters. Not matter age or skin color!
Reaction score
Ugh Absol to Gou I guess. And yay Ag plot re-use in general

Magmar the Great
Reaction score
I'm curious to see what the end credits reveal for voice actors