• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review JN064: The Detested Absol

Look like Goh will surely going to catch Mew in the next few week up ahead. Nonetheless, this episode is boring except only for the guys to break the rock that block the geyser as for Goh catch Absol in a rescue attempt.

Overall rating: C-

Hardly selfish when Goh did it to save Absol and then offered it a chance to go.
Replace Absol with Suicune and this post holds very well, regardless of the intention or situation.
Gou can apologize all he wants and claim the best of intentions, and I'm sure he genuinely cared about Suicune's well-being, but he took advantage of the situating to serve his own gain. Only someone who was absolutely itching to claim Suicune for themselves would have instantly decided that chucking a ball was the only option.
And boy, Gou must really be chiseled in the likeness of Arceus himself. You're telling me that he: 1.) has the skill to catch Legendaries, 2.) Is so selfless that he offers to release them, and 3.) Is so sexy that the Legendary refuses to leave? This takes "having your cake and eating it too" to a whole new level.

Hardly selfish when Goh did it to save Absol and then offered it a chance to go.

I think the music is pretty good.
I mean, i am getting used to it, but I'm not sure if I can watch Pokemon without Miyazaki's music. It doesn't feel right, not to mention Miyazaki is by far a better composer.

I liked the episode of last week better.

And I like the concept of a person catching a Pokémon to save it (and afterwards giving it the choise to leave or stay), but the writers have to look out they don't use it to much in the same way. It was very similar as Suicunes choise. The way it went back to the ball and with the nose...

Maybe next time without the nose. Or making signals Goh has to recall it himself. Or the Pokémon wants a battle before making the choise. Or the Pokémon leaves/destroying the pokéball.

Goh attempting to use his reserves was nice. But why not flying to the destination? :p Ash and Goh have big flying Pokémon.

Up to next week.

Last edited:
I liked the episode of last week better.

And I like the concept of a person catching a Pokémon to save it (and afterwards giving it the choise to leave or stay), but the writers have to look out they don't use it to much in the same way. It was very similar as Suicunes choise. The way it went back to the ball and with the nose...

Maybe next time without the nose. Or making signals Goh has to recall it himself. Or the Pokémon wants a battle before making the choise. Or the Pokémon leaves/destroying the pokéball.

Goh attempting to use his reserves was nice. But why not flying to the destination? :p Ash and Goh have big flying Pokémon.

Up to next week.
Yeah, really hope the "saving" method is retired for a bit now (though I do like the concept myself, and it pulled from both Suicune/Cynaquil). I really like, and outside of Absol, the episode wasn't too "AG Absol episode," that Absol has to be the one to break the rock that's threatening the area.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom