• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN065: Dragon Battle! Satoshi VS Iris!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm SHOCKED. I didn't think they were gonna take the BW2 route and make her Unovan Champion. So now its Unovan Champion vs Alolan Champion. They better let her know Ash is Alola's Champion.
eh, having the champion outfit from the games suddenly doesn't make her the Unova Champion unless explicitly confirmed otherwise. its probably just a Gym Leader getup

Her regular outfit was her Gym Leader getup. Drayden gifted her this outfit when she became Champion.
In the games, that outfit was specifically made for her when she became a Champion.
games =/= anime

they only serve as a basic framework, so unless she's confirmed to be a Unova Champion in some magazine scan or summary or even the episode, then till then she's not one

She may or may not be champion. The games are not equal to the anime so I’m not certain but there may be a decent chance that she’s actually the champion.

And people were questioning whether her time away training was deserving enough of Axew evolving to Haxorus...If she doesn’t have it as Champion, I’d be very surprised.

Joking aside, I don’t think she’s the Champion of Unova. It would be cool, probably the coolest thing this series could do so far, but let’s be reminded the summary said Opelucid Gym, which wouldn’t make sense for a Champion to be stationed at. Personally, I think Iris is the Gym Leader, and is working towards becoming the Champion/facing Alder, and the costume change reflects her new road, similar to Serena.

EDIT: Why have I only just realised Iris’ costume looks a lot like a Sylveon? Irony.
Speaking of which, I wonder if she’s afraid of Fairy types now, instead of Ice types...

Last edited:
I never noticed this until her updated appearance in Pokemon Masters EX, but Iris always holds out her arms when she's in her Champion outfit, no matter if she's standing still, walking around, or even in battle.

I wonder if Iris ever puts her arms down by her side while in that outfit, she's probably trained up some insane arm strength :wynaut:
the corset that comes with the outfit probably chaffs her armpits? :wynaut:

OMG SHE LOOKS SO CUTEEEEE

Seriously, I think design wise I prefer the interpretation of JN than BW tbh.

And Iris becoming the champion would be the coolest thing the anime has ever done besides making Ash win an League.

Granted, we don't know if she is the champion or if that is just her Gym outfit, but it man, if she is the champion, they better not shy away from outright saying that Ash is an Champion now too.

They aren’t going to have made Iris the champion, but it is interesting that both her and Gary’s game counterparts were champions - something the two of them have in common.

Wasn't Axew still confirmed to be Axew, not to mention that Pokeball throw gag? If so, then it'll most likely be a new capture or Gible evolution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom