• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN065: Dragon Battle! Satoshi VS Iris!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

View: https://mobile.twitter.com/TomsSauce/status/1385548496225411075

She's the Unova Champion. Regardless of whether or not she deserves the title, Ash had better lose or we might as well skip the Hyper Class. Dracovish doesn't even have a battle record. Plus, Ash probably underestimates her.

Reminder that Cynthia tied with Caitlin (due to the time limit), so Unova isn't full of slouches. Her battle with Iris also foreshadowed that the latter could become fairly strong. I guess that BW just wasn't the right series for that.

Last edited:
I still don't believe the Champion part yet, aren't we going so fast to have a Champion Match...
But if that's true, come on and outright say outloud that Satoshi is a Champion too.

Yes. If Uonoragon fights, Satoshi is doomed.
What a bad panorama.

Iris being league champion? I kneel.

Seriously though, I had a suspicion that they were sticking closer to game lore given the designs of Gary, Lance, Iris etc then what had happened in the anime series. If I am correct, this could have some serious implications on other characters.

Screenshot_20210423-152250.png

I have never watched Best Wishes so this is going to be my first representation for Iris! Needless to say I’m quite excited. My perspective on this episode might be very different thanks to that and I’m looking forward to it, since I skipped the Iris criticism part of the fan base.

Her interactions with Pikachu seem quite sweet.

She's the Unova Champion. Regardless of whether or not she deserves the title, Ash had better lose or we might as well skip the Hyper Class. Dracovish doesn't even have a battle record. Plus, Ash probably underestimates her.

Reminder that Cynthia tied with Caitlin (due to the time limit), so Unova isn't full of slouches. Her battle with Iris also foreshadowed that the latter could become fairly strong. I guess that BW just wasn't the right series for that.
Wait, they outright confirmed it????

Now they have no excuse to not mention that Ash is also an Champiom

I don’t particularly care about the result for the Dracovish battle, but I’ll riot if Ash’s Dragonite doesn’t win. It’s more personable and from what I’ve heard Iris’ dragonite was pretty strong so it seems like a good way to knock a peg down tje Pokémon with anger issues. Iris’ dragonite will probably think Ash’s is an easy target.

That translation is quite wonky, and I still won't take it as literal confirmation unless they literally give her the title instead of vague wording like "climb the championship"

The article confirms it: "Such as the appearance of Iris who has honed his skills with her partner Pokemon and has climbed to the championship of the Unova region."

Plus, it'd be a little dumb to give her that attire just because. Maybe she's just the league champion like Virgil, which isn't as big a deal as defeating the Elite Four and Alder.

Last edited:
I don’t particularly care about the result for the Dracovish battle, but I’ll riot if Ash’s Dragonite doesn’t win. It’s more personable and from what I’ve heard Iris’ dragonite was pretty strong so it seems like a good way to knock a peg down tje Pokémon with anger issues. Iris’ dragonite will probably think Ash’s is an easy target.
I know you said you haven’t watched B&W, but trust me, Iris’ Dragonite was taken down a few pegs from Ash’s Krookidile and Charizard would have beat it if it wasn’t for N intercepting the match.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom