• Please check out our recent thread on handling different opinions and toxic behavior here.
  • All members are allowed to express their opinions, no matter how unpopular, so long as they respect others and do not claim their opinion is the only valid opinion. While we understand that there is debate regarding Goh, someone posting an opinion you disagree with does not give you the right to attack them or report the content for trolling/baiting. This notice will serve as a 0-point warning and as such, Anime & Manga staff reserve the right to jump immediately to point warnings. For more information regarding our stance on arguments and debates, see this PSA.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Preview JN065: Dragon Battle! Satoshi VS Iris!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Looking at the past, this episode semi-confirms Ash is not getting Absol because this is a thing

Every time Ash gets a focus episode, Goh either gets a focus episode right before it or the episode following it or the second episode after.
JN05?JN06: Goh focused (Goh catches Scorbunny and the Bugs)
JN07: Ash focused
JN08: Goh focused (Iceberg race with Mantyke in a role)
JN10: Shared focused, despite Ash catching Dragonite, but Goh takes around 5 minutes to catch Dewgong.
JN012/JN:013: Ash focused (Sets up his goal)
JN014: Goh focused (Goh gets Golurk)
JN015: Goh focused
JN16: Ash focused (Ash gets Gengar)
JN17: Goh focused (Scorbunny evolves)
JN18: Ash focused (PWC battle against Visquez)
JN21: Ash focused
JN22: Goh focused
JN25: Korrina battle, shared focus.
JN27: Ash focused (Ash catches Galarfetch'd)
JN28: Goh focused (Goh catches Sobble)
JN33: Goh focused (The Bug lady)
JN34: While you can class this as Ash focused (Bea 1), its more shared than Ash focused imo.
JN35: Goh focused (He catches a Pikachu)
JN38: Goh focused (Aerodactyl)
JN39: Ash focused (Bea 2)
JN40: Goh focused (Flygon)
JN50: Shared (Dracovish and Arctozolt)
JN52: Ash focused (Rinto1)
JN52: Goh (Gets Diglett and Dugtrio, so its more Goh focused than anything else, especially since Goh gets character progress with him realizing the Diglett need his Dugtrio more and as such releases it)
JN56: Supposed to be Ash focused, but is shared, since Goh has a major role in the episode and gets an evolution to boot
JN59: Goh focused (Grookey)
JN60: Ash (Rinto2)
JN62: Goh (Sobble evolves most likely)
JN63: Either Ash or shared (Dracovish gets focus)

So this makes Absol being a Goh focused episode extremely more likely than it being an Ash episode, since Ash has never gotten 2 episodes back-to-back (If JN63 is Ash, that would make it 3 episodes back-to-back with JN63, JN64 and JN65 being Ash's and i just can't see that happening), while Goh does get multiple focus episodes back-to-back.

Reaction score
Looking at the past, this episode semi-confirms Ash is not getting Absol because this is a thing

Every time Ash gets a focus episode, Goh either gets a focus episode right before it or the episode following it or the second episode after.
JN05?JN06: Goh focused (Goh catches Scorbunny and the Bugs)
JN07: Ash focused
JN08: Goh focused (Iceberg race with Mantyke in a role)
JN10: Shared focused, despite Ash catching Dragonite, but Goh takes around 5 minutes to catch Dewgong.
JN012/JN:013: Ash focused (Sets up his goal)
JN014: Goh focused (Goh gets Golurk)
JN015: Goh focused
JN16: Ash focused (Ash gets Gengar)
JN17: Goh focused (Scorbunny evolves)
JN18: Ash focused (PWC battle against Visquez)
JN21: Ash focused
JN22: Goh focused
JN25: Korrina battle, shared focus.
JN27: Ash focused (Ash catches Galarfetch'd)
JN28: Goh focused (Goh catches Sobble)
JN33: Goh focused (The Bug lady)
JN34: While you can class this as Ash focused (Bea 1), its more shared than Ash focused imo.
JN35: Goh focused (He catches a Pikachu)
JN38: Goh focused (Aerodactyl)
JN39: Ash focused (Bea 2)
JN40: Goh focused (Flygon)
JN50: Shared (Dracovish and Arctozolt)
JN52: Ash focused (Rinto1)
JN52: Goh (Gets Diglett and Dugtrio, so its more Goh focused than anything else, especially since Goh gets character progress with him realizing the Diglett need his Dugtrio more and as such releases it)
JN56: Supposed to be Ash focused, but is shared, since Goh has a major role in the episode and gets an evolution to boot
JN59: Goh focused (Grookey)
JN60: Ash (Rinto2)
JN62: Goh (Sobble evolves most likely)
JN63: Either Ash or shared (Dracovish gets focus)

So this makes Absol being a Goh focused episode extremely more likely than it being an Ash episode, since Ash has never gotten 2 episodes back-to-back (If JN63 is Ash, that would make it 3 episodes back-to-back with JN63, JN64 and JN65 being Ash's and i just can't see that happening), while Goh does get multiple focus episodes back-to-back.
I think you might be mixing some things up. While you are correct that Ash doesn’t ever get multiple episodes of focus, some of those you label as shared focus simply because Go gets a Pokémon in an Ash based episode. Usually focus presents as that character being the main focal point of that given episode and, while Go has had times that a couple minutes of the episode were dedicated to him capturing something, Ash was the main focus in it overall.

Reaction score
I stopped looking forward to the pokemon anime. this episode itself doesn’t even hype me up anymore. Goh will be stuffed in and he’ll take 30% of the screen time. After that Ash will act like a total nub but somehow manages to beat iris who is also a nub too. After this episode iris will probably never be mentioned again. And back down to the laboratory for ash pokemon never to be seen again for 50 episodes. I hate the journeys format, I hate to be negative but i really took for granted the adventure series. This format just sets up ash for failure

Cutie Pie
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Grookey
So glad the title is not Dragon Battle! Gou VS Iris!!

Huggable Alolan Raichu
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
I stopped looking forward to the pokemon anime. this episode itself doesn’t even hype me up anymore. Goh will be stuffed in and he’ll take 30% of the screen time. After that Ash will act like a total nub but somehow manages to beat iris who is also a nub too. After this episode iris will probably never be mentioned again. And back down to the laboratory for ash pokemon never to be seen again for 50 episodes. I hate the journeys format, I hate to be negative but i really took for granted the adventure series. This format just sets up ash for failure
Don't count your Torchic before they hatch.

Reaction score
It's good to here that it's Dragon Battle. The type which is super effective against itself and this reminds me that it won't be just 1v1, Dracovish will definitely take part in this.
I'd like predict this battle
Ash vs Iris
Dracovish vs Haxarous
Dragonite
vs Haxarous
Dragonite vs Dragonite
Suspence

is a goat now
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
I'd love to see Axew fully evolved as Haxorus, even though it's huge, just pop out of Iris's hair like a black hole lol. I didn't realize how much I missed her! So glad we're getting a battle!!

Ash's Dragonite's anxious face in that screencap is just too cute too. Their personality differences are really amusing and I'm soo excited to see them interact.

All life matters. Not matter age or skin color!
Reaction score
Are we sure he is gonna use Dracovish? Cant he use a reserve Dragon type?
Like Goodra or Noivern or Gible?

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Re-Motivations
Something tells me that Iris’ Dragonite might go tsundere towards Ash’s Dragonite.

Status
Not open for further replies.