• Please check out our recent thread on handling different opinions and toxic behavior here.
  • All members are allowed to express their opinions, no matter how unpopular, so long as they respect others and do not claim their opinion is the only valid opinion. While we understand that there is debate regarding Goh, someone posting an opinion you disagree with does not give you the right to attack them or report the content for trolling/baiting. This notice will serve as a 0-point warning and as such, Anime & Manga staff reserve the right to jump immediately to point warnings. For more information regarding our stance on arguments and debates, see this PSA.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Preview JN065: Dragon Battle! Satoshi VS Iris!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flame Trainer
Reaction score
It's not been officially confirmed, but rumors say so.
What rumours?
We have no confirmation but, based on its voice I’d like to think so. The pitch of its voice is more comparable to Clair’s which is confirmed female to Iris’ which is male.
I don’t know, I’d prefer it to be male. It’s about time we saw a mild mannered male Pokemon in the main cast. Can't male Pokémon show affection and take on a motherly attitude?

Do we know for a fact that Lance and Raihan are in the Master 8, though? Not to mention that Iris herself uses more than exclusively Dragons. I do agree that Gary would make a good rival to appear there too.
I think Raihan might be a major battle, since he’s the only person whose PWC goal coincides with Ash (battling and winning against Leon), so they’re definitely battling either for a spot in the masters 8, or right before Leon's battle.

Huggable Alolan Raichu
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
What rumours?
I've heard that the anime staff actually has a list of the genders of all important Pokémon, even those that are not officially confirmed. Was something along the lines of so they can choose a proper-sounding voice for the Pokémon, based on the gender assigned for it.

Piplup my beloved
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
I've heard that the anime staff actually has a list of the genders of all important Pokémon, even those that are not officially confirmed. Was something along the lines of so they can choose a proper-sounding voice for the Pokémon, based on the gender assigned for it.
Oh yeah, I know of it. It's also cuz differently from English, and I assume Japanese, not every language has an neutral pronoun, like the ''it'' in the english language.

So I also assume this is because they don't want the dub studios to just make up the Pokemon's gender on the spot. Imagine if like, 3 dubs refers to Ash's Gengar as male, but another 3 refers to it as female. Not only would that cause confusion, but imagine if it's gender is confirmed down the line, and it's male. Then the 3 dubs would have to refer to it as male instead of female, and more confusion would happen.

Reaction score
I don’t know, I’d prefer it to be male. It’s about time we saw a mild mannered male Pokemon in the main cast. Can't male Pokémon show affection and take on a motherly attitude?
There's Ash's Leavanny, but I'm struggling to think of other examples

The cold is nigh
Reaction score
I’m keen to see how the Dragonite’s are gonna meet.

Either we get Ash’s run in for cuddles and getting noped or Iris’ home in for a fight and get sucker hugged instead.

Reaction score
There's Ash's Leavanny, but I'm struggling to think of other examples
Maybe Mr. Mime? I think it's only confirmed male in the dub, but I think it's likely to be male anyway. A good hint might be its attire in its few appearances in SM.

Flame Trainer
Reaction score
Either we get Ash’s run in for cuddles and getting noped or Iris’ home in for a fight and get sucker hugged instead.
I’d prefer the latter honestly. I love Ash’s dragonite!
I can’t wait to see Iris’ dragonite’s face when it realises Ash’s dragonite can get furious for battles.

Cutie Pie
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Grookey
Hawlucha with Noibat and also Talonflame to a lesser extent.
The only time Talonflame had meanigfull interactions with Noivern was in the sky race and the hatching ep

マーシャンミスター
Reaction score
Last time I checked, very few of Satoshi's pokémon had confirmed genders.

Status
Not open for further replies.