• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN065: Dragon Battle! Satoshi VS Iris!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at the past, this episode semi-confirms Ash is not getting Absol because this is a thing

Every time Ash gets a focus episode, Goh either gets a focus episode right before it or the episode following it or the second episode after.
JN05?JN06: Goh focused (Goh catches Scorbunny and the Bugs)
JN07: Ash focused
JN08: Goh focused (Iceberg race with Mantyke in a role)
JN10: Shared focused, despite Ash catching Dragonite, but Goh takes around 5 minutes to catch Dewgong.
JN012/JN:013: Ash focused (Sets up his goal)
JN014: Goh focused (Goh gets Golurk)
JN015: Goh focused
JN16: Ash focused (Ash gets Gengar)
JN17: Goh focused (Scorbunny evolves)
JN18: Ash focused (PWC battle against Visquez)
JN21: Ash focused
JN22: Goh focused
JN25: Korrina battle, shared focus.
JN27: Ash focused (Ash catches Galarfetch'd)
JN28: Goh focused (Goh catches Sobble)
JN33: Goh focused (The Bug lady)
JN34: While you can class this as Ash focused (Bea 1), its more shared than Ash focused imo.
JN35: Goh focused (He catches a Pikachu)
JN38: Goh focused (Aerodactyl)
JN39: Ash focused (Bea 2)
JN40: Goh focused (Flygon)
JN50: Shared (Dracovish and Arctozolt)
JN52: Ash focused (Rinto1)
JN52: Goh (Gets Diglett and Dugtrio, so its more Goh focused than anything else, especially since Goh gets character progress with him realizing the Diglett need his Dugtrio more and as such releases it)
JN56: Supposed to be Ash focused, but is shared, since Goh has a major role in the episode and gets an evolution to boot
JN59: Goh focused (Grookey)
JN60: Ash (Rinto2)
JN62: Goh (Sobble evolves most likely)
JN63: Either Ash or shared (Dracovish gets focus)

So this makes Absol being a Goh focused episode extremely more likely than it being an Ash episode, since Ash has never gotten 2 episodes back-to-back (If JN63 is Ash, that would make it 3 episodes back-to-back with JN63, JN64 and JN65 being Ash's and i just can't see that happening), while Goh does get multiple focus episodes back-to-back.

Looking at the past, this episode semi-confirms Ash is not getting Absol because this is a thing

Every time Ash gets a focus episode, Goh either gets a focus episode right before it or the episode following it or the second episode after.
JN05?JN06: Goh focused (Goh catches Scorbunny and the Bugs)
JN07: Ash focused
JN08: Goh focused (Iceberg race with Mantyke in a role)
JN10: Shared focused, despite Ash catching Dragonite, but Goh takes around 5 minutes to catch Dewgong.
JN012/JN:013: Ash focused (Sets up his goal)
JN014: Goh focused (Goh gets Golurk)
JN015: Goh focused
JN16: Ash focused (Ash gets Gengar)
JN17: Goh focused (Scorbunny evolves)
JN18: Ash focused (PWC battle against Visquez)
JN21: Ash focused
JN22: Goh focused
JN25: Korrina battle, shared focus.
JN27: Ash focused (Ash catches Galarfetch'd)
JN28: Goh focused (Goh catches Sobble)
JN33: Goh focused (The Bug lady)
JN34: While you can class this as Ash focused (Bea 1), its more shared than Ash focused imo.
JN35: Goh focused (He catches a Pikachu)
JN38: Goh focused (Aerodactyl)
JN39: Ash focused (Bea 2)
JN40: Goh focused (Flygon)
JN50: Shared (Dracovish and Arctozolt)
JN52: Ash focused (Rinto1)
JN52: Goh (Gets Diglett and Dugtrio, so its more Goh focused than anything else, especially since Goh gets character progress with him realizing the Diglett need his Dugtrio more and as such releases it)
JN56: Supposed to be Ash focused, but is shared, since Goh has a major role in the episode and gets an evolution to boot
JN59: Goh focused (Grookey)
JN60: Ash (Rinto2)
JN62: Goh (Sobble evolves most likely)
JN63: Either Ash or shared (Dracovish gets focus)

So this makes Absol being a Goh focused episode extremely more likely than it being an Ash episode, since Ash has never gotten 2 episodes back-to-back (If JN63 is Ash, that would make it 3 episodes back-to-back with JN63, JN64 and JN65 being Ash's and i just can't see that happening), while Goh does get multiple focus episodes back-to-back.
I think you might be mixing some things up. While you are correct that Ash doesn’t ever get multiple episodes of focus, some of those you label as shared focus simply because Go gets a Pokémon in an Ash based episode. Usually focus presents as that character being the main focal point of that given episode and, while Go has had times that a couple minutes of the episode were dedicated to him capturing something, Ash was the main focus in it overall.

I stopped looking forward to the pokemon anime. this episode itself doesn’t even hype me up anymore. Goh will be stuffed in and he’ll take 30% of the screen time. After that Ash will act like a total nub but somehow manages to beat iris who is also a nub too. After this episode iris will probably never be mentioned again. And back down to the laboratory for ash pokemon never to be seen again for 50 episodes. I hate the journeys format, I hate to be negative but i really took for granted the adventure series. This format just sets up ash for failure

I stopped looking forward to the pokemon anime. this episode itself doesn’t even hype me up anymore. Goh will be stuffed in and he’ll take 30% of the screen time. After that Ash will act like a total nub but somehow manages to beat iris who is also a nub too. After this episode iris will probably never be mentioned again. And back down to the laboratory for ash pokemon never to be seen again for 50 episodes. I hate the journeys format, I hate to be negative but i really took for granted the adventure series. This format just sets up ash for failure
Don't count your Torchic before they hatch.

It's good to here that it's Dragon Battle. The type which is super effective against itself and this reminds me that it won't be just 1v1, Dracovish will definitely take part in this.
I'd like predict this battle
Ash vs Iris
Dracovish vs Haxarous
Dragonite
vs Haxarous
Dragonite vs Dragonite
Suspence

I'd love to see Axew fully evolved as Haxorus, even though it's huge, just pop out of Iris's hair like a black hole lol. I didn't realize how much I missed her! So glad we're getting a battle!!

Ash's Dragonite's anxious face in that screencap is just too cute too. Their personality differences are really amusing and I'm soo excited to see them interact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom