• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN065: Dragon Battle! Satoshi VS Iris!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not been officially confirmed, but rumors say so.
What rumours?
We have no confirmation but, based on its voice I’d like to think so. The pitch of its voice is more comparable to Clair’s which is confirmed female to Iris’ which is male.
I don’t know, I’d prefer it to be male. It’s about time we saw a mild mannered male Pokemon in the main cast. Can't male Pokémon show affection and take on a motherly attitude?

Do we know for a fact that Lance and Raihan are in the Master 8, though? Not to mention that Iris herself uses more than exclusively Dragons. I do agree that Gary would make a good rival to appear there too.
I think Raihan might be a major battle, since he’s the only person whose PWC goal coincides with Ash (battling and winning against Leon), so they’re definitely battling either for a spot in the masters 8, or right before Leon's battle.

What rumours?
I've heard that the anime staff actually has a list of the genders of all important Pokémon, even those that are not officially confirmed. Was something along the lines of so they can choose a proper-sounding voice for the Pokémon, based on the gender assigned for it.

I've heard that the anime staff actually has a list of the genders of all important Pokémon, even those that are not officially confirmed. Was something along the lines of so they can choose a proper-sounding voice for the Pokémon, based on the gender assigned for it.
Oh yeah, I know of it. It's also cuz differently from English, and I assume Japanese, not every language has an neutral pronoun, like the ''it'' in the english language.

So I also assume this is because they don't want the dub studios to just make up the Pokemon's gender on the spot. Imagine if like, 3 dubs refers to Ash's Gengar as male, but another 3 refers to it as female. Not only would that cause confusion, but imagine if it's gender is confirmed down the line, and it's male. Then the 3 dubs would have to refer to it as male instead of female, and more confusion would happen.

I don’t know, I’d prefer it to be male. It’s about time we saw a mild mannered male Pokemon in the main cast. Can't male Pokémon show affection and take on a motherly attitude?

There's Ash's Leavanny, but I'm struggling to think of other examples

Eyb_yjoVIAIHlNq

I’m keen to see how the Dragonite’s are gonna meet.

Either we get Ash’s run in for cuddles and getting noped or Iris’ home in for a fight and get sucker hugged instead.

There's Ash's Leavanny, but I'm struggling to think of other examples
Maybe Mr. Mime? I think it's only confirmed male in the dub, but I think it's likely to be male anyway. A good hint might be its attire in its few appearances in SM.

Either we get Ash’s run in for cuddles and getting noped or Iris’ home in for a fight and get sucker hugged instead.
I’d prefer the latter honestly. I love Ash’s dragonite!
I can’t wait to see Iris’ dragonite’s face when it realises Ash’s dragonite can get furious for battles.

Last time I checked, very few of Satoshi's pokémon had confirmed genders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom