• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN065: Dragon Battle! Satoshi VS Iris!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
who are the animators? never heard of them

Hiroaki Takagi:
Maiko Katsuki:

Satoshi's dream: Rematch with Dande-sama.
Go's (so, it's the official spelling, I guess?) dream: Catching every pokémon.
Iris' dream: Dragon Master by challenging Pokémon World Championship.
Pikachu's dream: Being together with Satoshi and getting used in battles.
Sarunori's dream: Travel together with Go to other regions.

Do we know for a fact that Lance and Raihan are in the Master 8, though? Not to mention that Iris herself uses more than exclusively Dragons. I do agree that Gary would make a good rival to appear there too.
Yes, we do. Lance is ranked 2nd (that's how Leon was crowned) and Raihan is ranked 7th. Iris is an aspiring Dragon Master, so she'd be lucky to face Lance and lose. But it seems unlikely we'll see her again unless they're recycling the Bea plot before even wrapping it up.

Aww man! I was hoping Iris was the one character who didn't reappear because I haven't seen any of Black and White.

I'm not sure if we see her again or not, but there is no way that she's one of the top 8.

Atsuhiro Tomioka, Hiroaki Takagi and Maiko Katsuki! Yeeess!
View attachment 142500
Maybe I’m reaching, but is it possible Iris saw Ash’s match against Korrina (assuming it was televised)? This summary implies she knew about him competing in the WCS; and that was Dragonite’s only major coronation battle so far. Unless Iris is sending the invitation for a regular rematch and then discovers Ash is competing in the WCS after his arrival...

I'm really glad not only that this episode is happening, but also that it takes place on a Gym instead of a forest. That makes it the first time in Journeys that Ash battles a gym leader from the games in their respective gym from the games.

I hope for a cool battle with Best Wishes references that really shown how much Iris has grown, and for Emolga (I like her!) to be much more than a quick gag.

who are the animators? never heard of them
As far as I could find:

Chiaki Kurakazu's only other AD work in Pokémon is JN057 (Kikuna+Psyduck episode).
Miko Katsuki hasn't worked as an AD since the SM finale. Notable work from theirs include SM108 (aka the sad episode).

I sure hope Dragonite is female because Ash's last team was a complete sausage fest, so it'd be good if he got at least one girl or two for this saga. I don't know why the show is so reluctant to give Ash female Pokemon, but it's pretty stupid. Almost as if the writers actually think cooties are real or something.

Actually, a lot of the genders of Ash's pokemon are entirely unconfirmed. Some are only some semblance of confirmed through the voices they get in the PK shorts, but that's only if you consider those shorts canon.

I have already said this before in the old thread, but, i genuinely do not like the idea of Ash losing to Iris, not after all of that "little kid" talk that he had to put up with in BW. Ash was already, at least, a moderately more experienced trainer than Iris and did not deserve to be put through all of that in my opinion. That was the main reason for me not liking Iris very much, her condescending attitude towards Ash just did not seem fair or valid, which is a shame, since i'm pretty sure that i probably would have liked her due to her 'wild child' personality and her love of dragons (a feeling I can relate to). But, for me; that "little kid" nonsense is what kept me from ever liking her.

It's rather sad that a small phrase added in the English dub is what causes many to dislike Iris. I understand not liking her condescending attitude, but I personally think Ash losing to Iris would be better than him winning-or at the very least, have them tie. I wouldn't be surprised with all the cop-out's Journeys has been doing...

[EDIT] My fears are alleviated: this episode is written by Tomioka.

Who wants to bet Goh was the one who hit Iris with a Pokeball this time?

I saw the image with Iris' forehead having a round imprint and thought "OK, so it was Goh who mistaken her hair for Pokemon this time, isn't it?"

Anyway, I am happy Aoi Yuki is coming back. I LOVED her as Nadoka in Healin Good Precure.

As far as I could find:

Chiaki Kurakazu's only other AD work in Pokémon is JN057 (Kikuna+Psyduck episode).
Miko Katsuki hasn't worked as an AD since the SM finale. Notable work from theirs include SM108 (aka the sad episode).

Yeah I just checked them up and their previous work is pretty much... garbage. Again, just like in the latest Far'Fetchd ep, they give Tomioka a very interesting battle episode but no good animation support, so the episode will most likely be mediocre at best. Frustrating.

Is Koharu coming with Ash and Go to meet Iris? The magazine scans keep mentioning Iris and Koharu together, and the translated summary says Ash and the others instead of just Ash and Go.

This sounds like a lot of plot to fit into one episode, so I'm hoping this is a sign that Iris's return would last at least 2 episodes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom