• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN065: Dragon Battle! Satoshi VS Iris!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the upcoming battle will go as follows:
  • Both Dragonites fight each other for a period of time.
  • Ash realizes that his Dragonite is no match for Iris' so he switches Dragonite for Dracovish.
  • Dracovish defeats a fatigued Dragonite (Dragonite looked pretty beat when Dracovish threw it)
  • Iris sends out her last Pokemon (let's say it's Haxorus) and Ash switches for Dragonite again.
  • Dragonite gets its butt handed to itself, and Ash is forced to use Dracovish again.
  • Dracovish almost loses, but uses an absolutely vicious Fishious Rend and barely defeats Haxorus.
  • Ash makes it into the Hyper League.
  • Cue flashback to Bea, or a reference to her at least.
If I try to judge the PV based on how scuffed the Pokémon are (which isn't always consistent), then I probably agree with this up to Dracovish defeats Dragonite, given the face-off with both Dragonites scuff free, the Dragonite clash where only Ash's has visible damage, the ice fang attack, and the later DDance.

I think Iris's next Pokémon (Haxorus) defeats Dracovish, then fights a somewhat rested Dragonite.

You can see Dragonite use DD to shake off what looks like DPulse. But you can also see the 2 combined earlier in the PV where they look like Twister and have actually gone through the roof of the gym.

So maybe the climax is NiteNite and it's Twister, or it's something else and not necessarily Nite. Or AshNite learns Twister.

Witcher way, it looks like Ash will use a suped up DD like with Mienshao, before concluding the fight win or lose.

E0BP_2nVoAEuYKY

Ash's Dragonite entering battle rage is always hauntingly cool, last time it did was against Korrina.

Translation by Dephender at Serebii.

A MAD DASH TOWARDS THEIR DREAMS!! NEW CHALLENGES FOR SATOSHI & GO!!
Satoshi is in the middle of challenging the Pokémon World Championships, and Go challenges the Mythical Pokémon Mew. What are the new steps connected to their dreams these two will take?

SATOSHI'S CHALLENGE:
A BATTLE AGAINST IRIS, WITH ADVANCEMENT TO THE PWCS HYPER CLASS ON THE LINE!
Iris is one of Satoshi's former travel companions and uses Dragon type Pokémon. Satoshi takes her on using two Dragon type Pokémon himself as well! This is a super fierce battle where landing "super effective" attacks will be really easy! Who will win?!

IF YOU ARE WITHIN THE TOP 100 IN THE RANKING, YOU'RE HYPER CLASS! (cut-off blurb) SATOSHI'S POKÉMON ARE THESE TWO!
This is Uonoragon's first time battling for real! Will the outcome depend on Kairyu's endurance?!
UONORAGON: It has never really been Uonoragon's turn to battle before now. Now it will finally be made clear what kind of prowess it hides!
KAIRYU: It has learned "Dragon Dance" through its training with Satoshi! Their teamwork is perfect as well!

IRIS' POKÉMON ARE KAIRYU AND...?
This battle is going to be 2 on 2. Which Pokémon has Iris prepared in addition to her Kairyu?! Keep an eye on Iris' partner, who has been polishing up its battling skills!!

Iris has the power to feel Dragon type Pokémon's feelings. She's currently in training, aiming to become Dragon Master!

Iris' Kairyu glares at Satoshi's. How will Satoshi counter "Dragon Rush"?!

IF YOU ARE WITHIN THE TOP 100 IN THE RANKING, YOU'RE HYPER CLASS! (cut-off blurb) SATOSHI'S POKÉMON ARE THESE TWO!
This makes it more than likely that Ash wins now, even if they decide to pull the comeback trope (which I hope they don't, it's stupid and cliche).
Iris has the power to feel Dragon type Pokémon's feelings. She's currently in training, aiming to become Dragon Master!
So much for the Iris Champion speculation.

Translation by Dephender at Serebii.

A MAD DASH TOWARDS THEIR DREAMS!! NEW CHALLENGES FOR SATOSHI & GO!!
Satoshi is in the middle of challenging the Pokémon World Championships, and Go challenges the Mythical Pokémon Mew. What are the new steps connected to their dreams these two will take?

SATOSHI'S CHALLENGE:
A BATTLE AGAINST IRIS, WITH ADVANCEMENT TO THE PWCS HYPER CLASS ON THE LINE!
Iris is one of Satoshi's former travel companions and uses Dragon type Pokémon. Satoshi takes her on using two Dragon type Pokémon himself as well! This is a super fierce battle where landing "super effective" attacks will be really easy! Who will win?!

This is Uonoragon's first time battling for real! Will the outcome depend on Kairyu's endurance?!
UONORAGON: It has never really been Uonoragon's turn to battle before now. Now it will finally be made clear what kind of prowess it hides!
KAIRYU: It has learned "Dragon Dance" through its training with Satoshi! Their teamwork is perfect as well!

IRIS' POKÉMON ARE KAIRYU AND...?
This battle is going to be 2 on 2. Which Pokémon has Iris prepared in addition to her Kairyu?! Keep an eye on Iris' partner, who has been polishing up its battling skills!!

Iris' Kairyu glares at Satoshi's. How will Satoshi counter "Dragon Rush"?!
So we can take 3 things away from this now:

1- Dracovish's battle debut (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) and it seems to know an Ice move, possibly Ice Fang

2- Dragon Rush may be a problem for Ash (which I think it's what Iris-Dragonite will use to knock Dracovish Out)

3- They seem to be doing an suspense with wheter or not Axew evolved. :unsure:

2- Dragon Rush may be a problem for Ash (which I think it's what Iris-Dragonite will use to knock Dracovish Out)
I have a feeling that Dracovish will be the one to deal with Dragonite by using its large jaw (Strong Jaw ability) and stopping the Dragon in its track with a surprise Ice Fang to boot.

Kind of like how Gible pinned Dusknoir in the Sinnoh League with its jaw and delivered a devastating Draco Meteor at point blank range.

I could see them spoiling it in the preview.
I mean, Axew has been absent ever since they revealed Iris's return, and didn't appear in any promo, maganizes, and not even merch. But Haroxus appeared as an toy and in a bread packaging (?), so I think they are playing with this ''Did Axew evolved???'' thing in order to spark even more curiosity towards the ep.
I have a feeling that Dracovish will be the one to deal with Dragonite by using its large jaw (Strong Jaw ability) and stopping the Dragon in its track with a surprise Ice Fang to boot.

Kind of like how Gible pinned Dusknoir in the Sinnoh League with its jaw and delivered a devastating Draco Meteor at point blank range.
Yeah, but there's the fact that both Dragonite will fight tho. So either Ash's Dragonite loses in the first round, or Ash recalls it in favor of Dracovish due to it's jaws, as you said.

I mean, just a theory but eh :wynaut:

Yeah, but there's the fact that both Dragonite will fight tho. So either Ash's Dragonite loses in the first round, or Ash recalls it in favor of Dracovish due to it's jaws, as you said.

I mean, just a theory but eh :wynaut:
The scan does say that Ash may take advantage of Dragonite's unnatural endurance factor, we might see some substitution after the initial Dragonite vs. Dragonite clash pertaining to the "how does Ash deal with Dragon Rush", that's where the bite locking may come into play.

Am I the only one not really excited on the prospect of both Ash and Iris's dragonite dunking it out? I don't ever recall these "same pokemon vs same pokemon" battles ever being relatively interesting, and it's actually rather hard to keep up visually, in regards with how they're the same species, so...maybe they'll differentiate them by moves? I still feel as if maybe some kids in the audience might feel a little confused, though(I usually watch the anime with my little siblings).

Am I the only one not really excited on the prospect of both Ash and Iris's dragonite dunking it out? I don't ever recall these "same pokemon vs same pokemon" battles ever being relatively interesting, and it's actually rather hard to keep up visually, in regards with how they're the same species, so...maybe they'll differentiate them by moves? I still feel as if maybe some kids in the audience might feel a little confused, though(I usually watch the anime with my little siblings).
They have different expressions and natures too.

I wonder if we’ll see Dracovish’s fourth move here as well. Hopefully a Dragon-type move.

Though, with Fishious Rend, Water Gun kind of seems useless in comparison outside of being Dracovish’s only ranged attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom