• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN065: Dragon Battle! Satoshi VS Iris!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So... is Iris's second Pokémon not Haxorus, after all?
Not necessarily tho. I mean, we were shown through Bea that an gym leader has multiple Pokémon, which they use accordingly to the challenger's number of badges and ''skill level'' for the lack of a better phrasing lol.

800px-Bea_Pokémon_anime.png

So it's actually possible she has both, but we have to see who will be used against Ash alongside Dragonite.

Well there you have it, explicit confirmation that Iris has become a Champion. As with many people, I think Iris becoming Champion off-screen is definitely a bit too much in regards to off-screen development, but I'm not too bothered by it.

Also, assuming that the Goodra is Iris's, then that's a rather unexpected addition to her team considering that it's another Dragon-type that Ash already owns. This episode's already gonna focus on the Dragonite vs Dragonite fight, and it seems like the image here implies that Gible hasn't evolved yet, so giving Iris another Dragon-type type that Ash currently owns is kind of a weird choice. With that said, more Goodra screentime is nice, regardless of whose Goodra it is, so I ain't complaining.

I still think that it is so soon for Satoshi to face a Champion, no matter who it'd be.

As always, this series is rushing everything.

Numerugon returns, that was unexpected.

I thought that Satoshi would battle Champions mucho later into the PWC.

Well, we'll have a Veteran Trainer against a Champion this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom