• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN066: Flabebe's White Flower

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's flower is damaged. It is missing one of it white petals. I think this is the reason it can't float anymore. It was shown flying fine in the past.
Flabbright.jpg
Flabbwrong.jpg

One of the petals is indeed missing.

Oh haha I meant White Flower Floette. I don’t think it has appeared at all in the anime to date, so this should be a first. I am hoping we get to see more of his Kalos captures. I especially want to see what kind of Vivillon Scatterbug will become.

Of course not all of Goh’s captures can get their own episodes (that would be...excessive), but I’m actually glad they chose Flabebe for one. Out of all his Kalos Pokémon, I’d say it’s the most iconic (unless you count the Barbaracle memes lol).
XD, my mistake. That's an interesting bit of trivia, I had seen Trevor's Florges, and the migrations of Floette on Bulbapedia, I wouldn't have thought that white Floette hadn't debuted yet.

I had never actually seen Barbaracle memes until looking them up just now, either way, it and Trevenant seem quit popular, so I could see them evolving even if they don't get dedicated episodes.

I imagine that Goh would get the default (Meadow), pokeball, or perhaps an episode relevant pattern for Vivillion. Hopefully the writers don't choose to have him catch every variation. (though I am still waiting for him to go after Silcoon again)

Also given that Vivillion is the only Kalos bug line, completing it may be a fun time to see Koromi again.
I legit laughed at the "Goh and the others" part. It's like they really wanted to piss off this forum.

I can understand bug-types evolving because of passage of time because that's what they do in real life, but Fairy-types? and many at the same time?

I'm surprised TR isn't here since there doesn't seem to be any other source of drama. Unless they are the real culprits in JN067, which wouldn't be surprising.
They tend to alternate, Ash and Goh, or Goh and the others, or Ash and the others. It's usually Ash and the others when Koharu joins them.

The rarity of the flower, and Flabebe's own struggle is already a source of drama, no need for TR, which is just another manner that this episode is different from the XY one.

I wasn't looking forward to this episode at first, but seeing that a Florges will play a big part has piqued my interest; I think it's such a nicely designed Pokémon. I also like how the writers like to use the alternate color Florges for anime episodes; I know the red one appeared in a short, but that's different from a main anime episode.

Having seen the preview at the end of JN065, looks like the basic plot of XY027 To Find a Fairy Flower. As if JN064 being the same premise as an AG episode wasn't enough for creative sterility.

Summary and staff list by Dephender on Serebii:

One day all of Go's Flabebe evolved into Floette at the same time! ...or at least Go thought so until he noticed one of his five Flabebe, the white one, wasn't there. He found it after looking around, but saw that it's now no longer able to fly since the petal it used to ride on is gone. Go and the others set off for the Kalos region, where Go got his Flabebe in the first place, to search for a new flower for the depressed Flabebe!

Screenplay 宮田由佳 (Yuka Miyata)
Storyboard 湯山邦彦 (Kunihiko Yuyama)
Episode Director 興満録助 (Rokusuke Okimitsu)
Animation Director 山縣クリカ (Kurika Yamagata)
Animation Director 荒井怜子 (Reiko Arai)
Animation Director 松本勝次 (Katsuji Matsumoto)

It’s just occurred to me that majority of the time, Goh catches a Pokemon, then they get an episode. So, the reason for me finding these episodes utterly boring is thanks to the fact that we don’t get to wonder how Goh will bond and catch the Pokemon of question, since it’s already set and done. There’s nothing to wonder, since the main objective is completed - it’s like Ash already having a Gym Badge before fighting the actual Gym, then challenging it. What’s on the line? Maybe a better example, winning a tournament before he even fights in it.

It’s just occurred to me that majority of the time, Goh catches a Pokemon, then they get an episode. So, the reason for me finding these episodes utterly boring is thanks to the fact that we don’t get to wonder how Goh will bond and catch the Pokemon of question, since it’s already set and done. There’s nothing to wonder, since the main objective is completed - it’s like Ash already having a Gym Badge before fighting the actual Gym, then challenging it. What’s on the line? Maybe a better example, winning a tournament before he even fights in it.
He can always connect with them more.

Better if they won't.
Those props don't deserve any.
More if their episodes will be this uninspired.

Instead of focusing on more relevant stuff or relieving the pace issues.

The majority of them have not received their own episodes, no.
My idiotic over-expression was to blame for that, I meant to express that the Pokemon at centre of these episodes have generally been caught, and lead to flat value for entertainment when watching. I get too emotional sometimes.
That being said, I wouldn’t be surprised if this occurrence happens down the line.

Better if they won't.
Those props don't deserve any.
More if their episodes will be this uninspired.

Instead of focusing on more relevant stuff or relieving the pace issues.
Disagree. Pokémon has always had episodes focused on random Pokémon of that Week just in the interest of showing off a species that hasn’t been focused on in a while. In JN, these are Pokémon that are actually technically part of the main cast, so it’s a bit more significant. Not that they should overdo it, but if the sentiment is that it should happen hardly at all, I do not agree.

Disagree. Pokémon has always had episodes focused on random Pokémon of that Week just in the interest of showing off a species that hasn’t been focused on in a while. In JN, these are Pokémon that are actually technically part of the main cast, so it’s a bit more significant. Not that they should overdo it, but if the sentiment is that it should happen hardly at all, I do not agree.
I think that the writers doing this though tends to lead to a more lopsided amount of focus between Ash and Go as a result. Due to essentially replacing Pokémon of the Day with a Pokémon belonging to Go, they end up having a lot more focus dedicated to Go while meanwhile Ash’s own development has been relegated to off-screen to the point that we’ve now had at least 3 instances of Ash ranking up in the PWC, his main goal of this series, entirely offscreen. Their choice of having so much focus on one side of the cast has now actively affected the other part to its detriment.

I think that the writers doing this though tends to lead to a more lopsided amount of focus between Ash and Go as a result. Due to essentially replacing Pokémon of the Day with a Pokémon belonging to Go, they end up having a lot more focus dedicated to Go while meanwhile Ash’s own development has been relegated to off-screen to the point that we’ve now had at least 3 instances of Ash ranking up in the PWC, his main goal of this series, entirely offscreen. Their choice of having so much focus on one side of the cast has now actively affected the other part to its detriment.
That’s a separate issue, but I don’t disagree with that. What I do disagree with is how much impact it has on my enjoyment of the show. Personally, I’ve been watching Ash for over 20 years and I don’t really mind if he takes a backseat to someone else more often than not in this series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom