• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN066: Flabebe's White Flower

Status
Not open for further replies.
An episode about (presumably) Goh’s Flabèbè? I’m quite intrigued... it’s not like it’s Diglett or Plusle and Minun who’ve been showcased lots over the whole anime - Flabèbè is an intresting choice...

Im expecting a Floette for Goh by the end of this.

I noticed that most of Ash's Pokemon hardly even appear in any Goh episode. Like, only Pikachu ends up appearing in many Goh episodes, with him never really bringing out Dragonite, Gengar, Lucario, Sirfetch'd, and Dracovish out and part of that problem is that they never give Ash anything to do in a Goh focused episode.

I don't think this might be completely filler also, but, yeah if its focused on a Goh Pokemon we never see, I can't say its gonna be that interesting.
Ash’s Pokémon hardly ever appear in any episode, Goh focused or not...

Unless they’re going down a route where the Flabebe is linked to AZ, meaning Goh will have a random similar Floette to AZ...I don’t get where they’re going with this.
It could be interesting, but in the long terms, this genuinely seems pointless, especially when Dracovish still haven’t had a dedicated episode (Judging Dracovish is getting side attention in the Water Obstacle episode).

We're at a point where background characters are receiving more development than one of the six pokemon owned by one of the protagonists. Let that sink in.
15.jpg

I’m just sad that this episode means that Iris will only be around for one episode.
...well, she could be around for more. We haven't gotten the VA list or preview for this episode yet, and we don't have much information. So technically, Iris could show up in this episode as well...I mean, it'll be kind of interesting to see an aspiring Dragon Master like Iris who's afraid of Ice types interact with Fairy types, right?

Ehhh...I try really hard not to judge episodes before I actually know what they're about but Journeys is making that very difficult. Don't get me wrong, Flabebe is a cute Pokémon, but...there's still so much more I want to see out of this series. A Flabebe focus episode isn't really one of them.

Finally some love for one of the episode 25 Pokémon. For some reason they have been even more in the background than some of Goh's more recent captures. Bunelby surprisingly has more focus despite being caught later in Galar.

Assuming that this is Goh's, then we will be 3 for 3 on focus for the last caught in a spree Pokémon; Scyther, Farfetch'd, W-Flabebe.

Hoping to see more of Phantump and Binacle, especially Binacle and Hitmonchan.

Finally some love for one of the episode 25 Pokémon. For some reason they have been even more in the background than some of Goh's more recent captures. Bunelby surprisingly has more focus despite being caught later in Galar.

Assuming that this is Goh's, then we will be 3 for 3 on focus for the last caught in a spree Pokémon; Scyther, Farfetch'd, W-Flabebe.

Hoping to see more of Phantump and Binacle, especially Binacle and Hitmonchan.

For some reason, it doesn't bother me much with Fletchling (Since it already had the limelight when caught with Ash)

I wonder why, among all of Gou's Pokemon, they picked Flabebe.....
Looks like a filler, slice of life without impact.

Are we going to have more of these in the future.....?
No Bokurei, please. The last time was enough.

Personally, I don’t really consider it filler if a main character’s Pokémon evolves or if they catch a new one. I feel like all or most of Goh’s Pokémon are going to reappear at some point to evolve or otherwise, but only a select few will get entire episodes to them. White Flower Flabebe’s rarity has only been really glossed over in the anime so far, so I’m kind of interested in seeing it be explored a bit.

Personally, I don’t really consider it filler if a main character’s Pokémon evolves or if they catch a new one. I feel like all or most of Goh’s Pokémon are going to reappear at some point to evolve or otherwise, but only a select few will get entire episodes to them. White Flower Flabebe’s rarity has only been really glossed over in the anime so far, so I’m kind of interested in seeing it be explored a bit.
At least by what I can see from other people, me included (lol), it's less about an Goh mon having an episode and more about how it's prob just gonna be an evolution episode dedicated to an Pokémon that is prob just gonna fade away into obscurity again, and the episode in general is also prob just gonna amount to nothing interesting.

Granted, we know nothing about it besides it's (probable) title or at least what it's gonna be about, in this case his Flabebé, but it's just that, I mean, look at Goh's Greedent: had an episode pratically dedicated to itself, evolved, and we just never saw it again and it led nowhere besides that super boring Lucario and Cinderace filler episode which also didn't led anywhere.

And don't get me wrong: I love the Florges line. It's one of my fav Pokémon ever, and I do wish it had been more used in XY besides to be part of Goodra's backstory. But we are already lacking so much in content regarding Ash's team, and there's so much more we could be doing, but you know, we are getting an episode about... Flabebé I guess?

I really hope this episode actually catches me by surprise, but in all honesty, I have learned to not expect too much when it comes to Journeys, sadly enough.

At least by what I can see from other people, me included (lol), it's less about an Goh mon having an episode and more about how it's prob just gonna be an evolution episode dedicated to an Pokémon that is prob just gonna fade away into obscurity again, and the episode in general is also prob just gonna amount to nothing interesting.

Granted, we know nothing about it besides it's (probable) title or at least what it's gonna be about, in this case his Flabebé, but it's just that, I mean, look at Goh's Greedent: had an episode pratically dedicated to itself, evolved, and we just never saw it again and it led nowhere besides that super boring Lucario and Cinderace filler episode which also didn't led anywhere.

And don't get me wrong: I love the Florges line. It's one of my fav Pokémon ever, and I do wish it had been more used in XY besides to be part of Goodra's backstory. But we are already lacking so much in content regarding Ash's team, and there's so much more we could be doing, but you know, we are getting an episode about... Flabebé I guess?

I really hope this episode actually catches me by surprise, but in all honesty, I have learned to not expect too much when it comes to Journeys, sadly enough.
That’s fine, it doesn’t really change my own pov, though. To me, this is just like any other episode that they’ve done in the past where there’s a species that hasn’t been seen in a while getting some new focus in the anime. Except this time, the species happens to belong to a main character which it makes it more significant to me than a random filler.

the problem isn't the Pokemon getting focus more so that it's such an irrelevant capture and not part of the main team that hasn't appeared in ages, and will not even matter at the end of the day, probably with more 'tell not show' type of development and probably Flabebe (and evolution) being used as a plot device for some task (like Greedent for the eating competition).

how is Flabebe focus more important that Dragonite, Gengar, Dracovish, Yamper, Grookey etc focus? most of the latter actually need that focus instead of being sidelined in favor of fillers and episodes like these

this episode screams 'obligatory appearance on the checklist' to me

Last edited:
It may be an attempt to turn this Flabebe into an actual character, instead of just being a living prop.
But it doing a random thing, even if it evolves, is not proper focus or growth to ensure that.
Especially when it would vanish again after its role is fulfilled, what a waste.

I agree that there are other Pokemon, introduced as more relevant, that need time to shine.

the problem isn't the Pokemon getting focus more so that it's such an irrelevant capture and not part of the main team that hasn't appeared in ages, and will not even matter at the end of the day, probably with more 'tell not show' type of development and probably Flabebe (and evolution) being used as a plot device for some task (like Greedent for the eating competition).
I was just expressing my own thoughts. Like I said, this isn’t really a problem to me. It just isn’t a filler in my own regard since it belongs to Goh.

how is Flabebe focus more important that Dragonite, Gengar, Dracovish, Yamper, Grookey etc focus? most of the latter actually need that focus instead of being sidelined in favor of fillers and episodes like these

this episode screams 'obligatory appearance on the checklist' to me
No one ever said it was. The difference between you and I is you appear to be focused on what isn’t in this episode while I’m commenting on what is. We also don’t know much about the episode yet so there’s that.

Also what’s with this “checklist” stuff? I can’t say I understand what you mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom