• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN067: Suspect Pikachu!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
we're being fed more Pikachu focus.
It isnt even actual focus though, which makes it worse. The only time we actually learned something about Pikachu as a character was in JN001, and all the other Pikachu episodes were just bad. How can you disrespect your OWN mascot's character so badly lol??? :LOL:

And yeah, the other pokemon are being shafted again. At this point, I don't even care anymore. I hope the Journeys team are proud of themselves-they've given the team such little attention that I ACTUALLY don't care. :rolleyes:

It isnt even actual focus though, which makes it worse. The only time we actually learned something about Pikachu as a character was in JN001, and all the other Pikachu episodes were just bad. How can you disrespect your OWN mascot's character so badly lol??? :LOL:
I mean, it’s still focus whether you enjoyed it or not. I would also argue that we did in fact learn about Pikachu in the episode that it became jealous of Riolu. People hate that episode and the way it was characterized (I personally liked the episode), but that doesn’t make it any less canon.

I mean, it’s still focus whether you enjoyed it or not. I would also argue that we did in fact learn about Pikachu in the episode that it became jealous of Riolu. People hate that episode and the way it was characterized (I personally liked the episode), but that doesn’t make it any less canon.
That's fair.

That being said, I sincerely hope that if Pikachu is learning a new move they don't replace Electroweb. Actually, thinking about it now, that makes such little sense if this really is the direction the episode is heading since Pikachu technically just learned it.

pikachu was not an imposter
1 imposter remains

okay bad joke aside....... yeah this episode is clearly the most "boring" for a lack of better words episode showcased in the project mew pv. i just hope that if this is truly a pikachu focused episode his character doesnt get botched as terribly as it did in episode 30. but at the same time the rest of ashs team DESPERATLY needs focus so another pikachu episode is......... strange. did ash catch a gengar??

if its some detective pikachu pandering instead i just have to wonder why considering the animes purpose is to promote (and thus sell) pokemon games when 1) detective pikachu the game is 5 years old now and 2) the game is on a dead console. hmm maybe thats why i havent bought swsh because the anime is trying its hardest to not show galar and get me to not buy the games. its working!!

anyway in the preview we saw ash in a police uniform........ maybe hes teaming up with officer jenny to do....... something?? maybe theres a crime and pikachu is framed so ash tries his best to prove pikachu innocent. im not really sure this is just an episode i want to happen and be done with to get to the spicy details of project mew more than anything

T-Bolt and Iron Tail are the only ones that are not replaceable. Quick Attack isn't really iconic or memorable (it's relatively generic) and can be easily substituted for attacks of a similar nature (Slam?), something outright different for coverage, or even a status or stat related move. Electroweb is replaceable but should not be, because it's been shown to be quite a versatile move with a lot of different usages, offensive, defensive, tactical or otherwise.

I'd personally like to see Pikachu learn Surf, Light Screen/Reflect or Electric Terrain.

maybe hes teaming up with officer jenny to do....... something?? maybe theres a crime and pikachu is framed so ash tries his best to prove pikachu innocent.
Actually, that sounds interesting! This really could open up questions about how police forces work and what would happen if a pokemon committed a crime or something, and would really help with worldbuild-ah, who am I kidding. At least this has the possibility of being something origin-oh wait. :whistle:

This'll probably be like that one episode where Ash and Pikachu trained with Officer Jenny back in Kanto... but they'll actually be able to do something considering Ash was in that uniform in the trailer.

Looks like Pikachu's lengthy history of tax evasion is coming to haunt him.
Reminded me of the hoodie I dream of owning:
taxevasion.png

Another Pikachu filler, just what we all wanted!

Honestly, why is there even filler at this point? Project Mew should be the main focus right now and...we're having not one, but two fillers, if my assumptions on the trailer are correct. This one and some weird one about Eevee and Grookey, which...are both irrelevant???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom