• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN067: Suspect Pikachu!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That could just be Thunderbolt, if you ask me.
I agree. I think people might be jumping the gun a bit too much here-I myself am no exception-since all we got were two shots of Pikachu shooting Thunderbolt. One was coursing through his body(weirdly hiding his face for some reason) and the other was him suddenly directing it towards the ceiling with Ash smiling in the background(so, it clearly isn't a dangerous situation...???) and...that's it. I see why there's speculation, but I dunno, I just get "unaired BW two-parter" episode vibes from those scenes since they have the exact same feel as the footage in that unaired two-parter.

Actually, I think we got that in a BW episode.
Yeah, but that Conan wasn't voiced by Takayama Minami, we got Takeuchi Junko instead.

I still wonder why; Takayama-san had a character, Luke, during BW....

This one and some weird one about Eevee and Grookey, which...are both irrelevant???
There is also the van scene with TRio having been starved by Morpeko, which I think would make more sense here than in the Grookey and Eevee episode if it is a separate episode, and there is the sunset scene between Ash and Goh without their Pokémon which I'm also not sure about. Probably the same episode as Koharu reuniting with scarf Eevee?

Though I do wonder where Goh is in the cop segments (just Ash and Rockets focused episode?), or why Grookey and Eevee are off on their own?

Though given Grookey seems to be directing traffic, maybe they are 1 episode?

If Pikachu were to learn a move, I'd like it to relearn Volt Tackle. It was the coolest move it ever had, why they had to get rid of it I have no idea. They should've replaced Quick Attack instead imo, since it's such a basic attack.

If Pikachu were to learn a move, I'd like it to relearn Volt Tackle. It was the coolest move it ever had, why they had to get rid of it I have no idea. They should've replaced Quick Attack instead imo, since it's such a basic attack.
Quick Attack is a mainstay of Pikachu's moveset. It's not going anywhere.

Also, Quick Attack gives Pikachu some extra coverage. Battles against Ground-types would get boring if all Pikachu could do against them was spam Iron Tail. It also has utility as a speed control move (which is fitting, given its name and increased priority in the games): it can be used to dodge, or as a way to quickly close a huge distance between Pikachu and his opponent. Volt Tackle by contrast was always more of an uber-powerful finishing move, or alternatively a high-risk, high-reward kamikaze attack.

Frankly, I don't see any real reason or any real possibility of Pikachu's current moveset to change. Thunderbolt stays for obvious reasons, Quick Attack for the reasons given in the post above mine, Iron Tail because of the ground type coverage and maneuverability required with it(leading to more visually appealing battles), and Electro Web because it's literally like a Swiss Army Knife(being used for defense, to catch opponents in place, attack, more maneuverability, and there's still much more potential that it would be a waste to replace this move. What move is honestly better than this one?).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom