• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN067: Suspect Pikachu!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I'm hoping is that they're putting work into the important episodes and can't be bothered to put much thought into the fillers, so they're rehashing old plots for them.
I mean, as old as those episodes are they're likely hoping the kids the show is aimed at won't know about them...
I know lol. I dont blame them tho

Maybe it's the mass genocide it caused by vaporizing 100 spearows in the first episode

To be fair the Spearows had it coming. They attacked first.

So Pikachu's not getting arrested for killing Trio? What a bummer lol (again, just kidding!)

Anyway I'm not sure whether this has happened before, but it sounds kinda weird for a Pokemon to be sentenced and sent to prison when they're, what, the real world's animal counterparts? For me it's like sending a bear to prison for attacking a camper.

Speaking of bears, I want to write a fanfiction about an Ursaring invasion in which a bunch of Ursaring decide to act like conquerors. They seem like the sort of Pokemon that would act like Vikings if they were a little more intelligent.

Last edited:
Kinda obvious. Rehash from the Kalos episode.
What is up with rehasing old plots and make it so obvious?
JN067 feels like a copy of XY066
Y’all are kind of reaching with this rehash claim. There are thousands of episodes, some are bound to be a little similar.

This one doesn't feel like a rehash.

The others had the issue of featuring the same Pokemon in the same situations.

The police checking up every Electric-type in a giant city (that also has a port and an airport) sounds extremely unpractical, but I guess the plot has to happen somehow.

At least It'll be nice to see Yamper. Raichu, Arctozolt and Chinchou doing something and if we're lucky Vizquez or Lt Surge being referenced as Electric-type trainers.

The police checking up every Electric-type in a giant city (that also has a port and an airport) sounds extremely unpractical, but I guess the plot has to happen somehow.
"Excuse me but did your electric type Pokemon have something to do with this crime?"
"No. In fact I don't have any electric..."
"Gimme your Pokè-balls. They're under arrest."
"Hey, give em back. They're just my normal types. And why are you arresting Pokèmon anyway? Is there some big Pokè-prison that I'm not aware of?"

so theyre legit arresting pikachu :unsure: this just makes me think about more questions than answers...... does the pokemon world have a criminal justice system we're unaware of?? do pokemon have criminal trials?? is the jury made up of other pokemon?? are there people in this universe who have entire degrees in the major of defending pokemon clients??? i need answers!! wheres phoenix wright when you need him

i also remember my first post in this thread was something about pikachu being framed and ash having to save him which is kinda accurate to what the episodes summary is....... well, get started on that law degree, ash!! pikachu isnt gonna bail himself out in court!

so theyre legit arresting pikachu :unsure: this just makes me think about more questions than answers...... does the pokemon world have a criminal justice system we're unaware of?? do pokemon have criminal trials?? is the jury made up of other pokemon?? are there people in this universe who have entire degrees in the major of defending pokemon clients??? i need answers!! wheres phoenix wright when you need him
When Butch and Cassidy got everyone arrested in The Breeding Center Secret Jenny just tossed Victreebell and Meowth in the cell with the humans...so maybe they're treated the same way as humans?
In retrospect someone with a Pokémon that knows Teleport would be pretty jail-proof, huh?

In retrospect someone with a Pokémon that knows Teleport would be pretty jail-proof, huh?

so THIS is why psychic types were ridiculously broken in gen 1!!

god now i just have more questions about the mere concept of the criminal justice system in pokemon and how you detain literal monsters. this episode should just be a 2 hour long documentary about the inner workings of law and order in this world

so THIS is why psychic types were ridiculously broken in gen 1!!

god now i just have more questions about the mere concept of the criminal justice system in pokemon and how you detain literal monsters. this episode should just be a 2 hour long documentary about the inner workings of law and order in this world

I really, really want this... I might have to write this.

The mental image of a Pokemon getting arrested and sent to prison is amusing.

Pokémon: Pika-Prison Break

The mental image of a Pokemon getting arrested and sent to prison is amusing.
Is Pokemon Control a thing in this world? I mean, Cinderace used to steal back as a Scorbunny, so like...here, Pikachu is being arrested because he supposedly stole electricity...

Wait. Did they think Pikachu was the culprit because of how strong Pikachu is? Like, Pikachu has a lot of electricity stored, so maybe they assumed all that electricity was unnatural for a Pikachu and so they assumed he stole it...oh, hell, Team Rocket IS involved, aren't they?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom