• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review JN067: Suspect Pikachu!?

Like everyone else has said, this episode was great fun and had several parts that made me laugh (Pikachu being interrogated by Decker and fighting over the handcuffs with Grookey in the background got me). I also liked how Ash was immediately sticking up for Pikachu's defense. Overall, it was really enjoyable, and it honestly reminded me a bit of Layton Mystery Tanteisha in a way - I feel like it would have fit right in as one of the more lighthearted cases from that.

But on the other hand... this series has already treated the TRio awfully for the most part, and yeesh, this episode was absolutely no exception. They deserve way better than this, it's just making me sad at this point. :(

Now that I've thought it thoroughly, I haven't seen an interrogation scene since 'Miniryuu no Densetsu'.....

Though this one lacked the usage of a song.
Well, they could have used the Shit-ritori ending as a 'torture' interrogation method.

Last edited:
Daily reminder we could've had Chewtle as a permanent party member instead. :cry:

This episode actually turned out to be pretty solid! In spite of most of Journey's flaws I think with the exception of a few stinkers like the Diglett and Absol episode, a lot of the fillers in this series have been pretty consistent in quality and I loved the detective plotline they had going on for the first half of the episode. Detective Decker was a fun character and Pikachu not giving the slightest damn was hilarious. It was nice to casually see Chloe and just more Pokemon in general around Vermillion City this series, and Arctozolt's reappearance was dope

The only flaw I have with this episode is that TRio were treated too much like butt monkeys, and they weren't even really doing anything much worse than what Scorbunny did in JN004. TRio also never ended up eating so the conflict technically didn't even get resolved lol. Lastly, Morpeko wasn't really that enjoyable this episode and just feels too mean-spirited in general, but I'm hoping it's focus episode (assuming that it isn't some random Morpeko) manages to redeem it

OVERALL SCORE:
7/10

Ash and Go's cop fantasies made the episode for me. They're so pure (and those outfits were adorable on them both ngl). Enjoyed this episode quite a bit even if it was rather predictable. Cute scene with Pikachu and Grookey messing around with the handcuffs too! Babies!!

This episode's ending was a bit... Mean spirited. Like, Team Rocket returned the electricity they've stolen, they were so exhausted from Morpeko that they just didn't feel like resisting anymore, the police was just outside ready to arrest them, and Ash tells Pikachu to blast them with 200,000 volts of electricity instead. There was absolutely no threat in them, no reason to send them blasting off, and Ash was both an asshole and a dumbass in this situation. I hate bringing politics into this, but has anyone heard of the Hebron Shooting Incident?

They got the shit beaten out of them at the end of the Plusle & Minun episode too even though all they wanted to do then was to go home after a hard day's work of rescuing Kentauros.

I think "we will inflict pain on the Rocket trio whether they deserve it or not" is a running theme in this series :(

Last edited:
That's because they are troublemakers and should be punished for such actions (in show for kids ;) ).
Or maybe, like, have them arrested instead of torturing them and then setting them free?
Besides, the amount of electricity they stole is worth like, 5 bucks at most. Oh wait, it's Japan.

Last edited:
Somebody needs to get that kid some glasses, because he seems in dire need of them

"I can't tell my vulpix apart from all the other vulpix despite knowing its identifying feature."
E18tu8lXoAIOdLS.jpg

I suppose that's a nod to the fact vulpix tails split as they grow, even though vulpix born from eggs have their six tails already because brand recognition

? I don’t understand what you’re implying about Japan. Is electricity worth more there or something?
1 Dollar is worth like 110 Yen, so I assume that because the Yen price is so low, Japan's economy is relatively pretty weak and money is generally more valuable in Japan.
I don't know anything about the subject, though, and I'm just guessing, so I apologize if I'm wrong.

1 Dollar is worth like 110 Yen, so I assume that because the Yen price is so low, Japan's economy is relatively pretty weak and money is generally more valuable in Japan.
I don't know anything about the subject, though, and I'm just guessing, so I apologize if I'm wrong.
I could be very wrong, but I believe the yen is more analogous to the penny than the dollar.

Too much focus on Goh's butt for my taste
It's...not even remotely the focus of the picture though?

I'm guessing you were looking at grookey (because grookey) and then made the mistake of looking left?

I remember so my favorite part of view scene, Jessie, James and Meowth take Morpeko arrives at the abandoned place after Meowth gives a time feed, a formula bottle of battery him, but Morpeko doesn't drink of electricity.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom