• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN068: A Rival for Go!? The Road to Mew!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The sheer amount of plot points they’re stuffing in this episode means at least one is going to be messed up. Was it too hard to give Ash's reserves an episode all to themselves and Gou actually getting a rival an episode all to itself?
This merging doesn’t do any of them favours.

The sheer amount of plot points they’re stuffing in this episode means at least one is going to be messed up. Was it too hard to give Ash's reserves an episode all to themselves and Gou actually getting a rival an episode all to itself?
I know, but I guess that is how Journeys works. Rushing stuff and fillers

I can see at least, in the barest minimun possible, 4 different episodes here. At least 4 episodes of actually interesting things. But god forbid we actually spend more than one ep on an exciting thing. How can we live without seeing an filler about... *checks list* ...Grookey and Eevee running around town?

I look forward to getting the VA list tomorrow

With a few of Ash and Gary's Pokemon having previously been voiced by the late Unshō Ishizuka, I'm curious to see if the credits will reveal any recasts

So how much you wanna bet that Ash’s reserves get about as much screentime as his Alola Pokémon did in the Alola episode, basically getting a single scene where they’re excited to see Ash and then the episode just moves on and they’re never heard from again?

So how much you wanna bet that Ash’s reserves get about as much screentime as his Alola Pokémon did in the Alola episode, basically getting a single scene where they’re excited to see Ash and then the episode just moves on and they’re never heard from again?
At the very least tho, I think the Alolan reserves thing wasn't as a big deal, at least imo, because it hasn't been that long since we last saw them battling and interacting. I mean, it's only been a year and a half since Alola ended.

But we are talking about Pokémon that we haven't even seen for God knows how long. Unfortunately, I can see them doing the reunion scene, Ash realizing Infernape is nowhere to be seen and then they disappear yet again.

At the very least tho, I think the Alolan reserves thing wasn't as a big deal, at least imo, because it hasn't been that long since we last saw them battling and interacting. I mean, it's only been a year and a half since Alola ended.

But we are talking about Pokémon that we haven't even seen for God knows how long. Unfortunately, I can see them doing the reunion scene, Ash realizing Infernape is nowhere to be seen and then they disappear yet again.
Guess it will go that way.

Btw if that Summer camp of Gou and Koharu has been mentioned at least 5 times in the series. I swear if this will be mentioned again in this episode ugh

Last edited:
Aw man. And here I was thinking we had finally escaped that late summary curse. Oh well, nothing that can be done now but wait.

I just hope we still get the full VA list, I'm really looking forward to seeing it. It would really suck if this had to be the episode where they returned to the incomplete ones...

I hope wishing for it doesn't curse it.

Sometimes, the opposite happens.

Guess it will go that way.

Btw if that Summer camp of Gou and Koharu has been mentioned at least 5 times in the series. I swear if this will be mentioned again in this episode ugh
What's wrong with mentioning the summer camp? Given it is where Goh first encountered Mew, Oak knows, and this is the episode introducing Project Mew, you would think there are good chances of it being mentioned. Plus it wouldn't be out of place.

Summary and VA list courtesy of Adamant

When Satoshi and Go visit the Okido Laboratories, they find Satoshi's childhood friend Shigeru... and he explain he's part of some sort of project that will search for Mew. Take note of the fateful encounter that awaits Satoshi and Go!

Summary:
Satoshi and Go visit the Okido Laboratories in Masara Town for the first time in quite a while. There, Go learns from Professor Okido that "Project Mew", a team that will be making a full-scale search for Mew, is recruiting members. Satoshi also learns that the Goukazaru he left in the care of the Okido Laboratories hasn't shown itself recently, so he decides to go look for it together with Go. And believe it or not, along the way they encounter Satoshi's childhood friend and rival Shigeru.

Voice Cast:
Rica Matsumoto: Satoshi
Daiki Yamashita: Go
Ikue Ohtani: Pikachu
Megumi Hayashibara: Aceburn
Kenyu Horiuchi: Professor Okido
Shinichiro Miki: Lizardon
Yuji Ueda: Goukazaru
Kenta Miyake: Elekible
Tsuguo Mogami: Kamex
Hana Takeda: Sarunori
Yuko Kobayashi: Shigeru
Ryoko Shiraishi: Asahi
Marina Aicholtz: Go's Smartphone Rotom

When Satoshi and Go visit the Okido Laboratories, they find Satoshi's childhood friend Shigeru... and he explain he's part of some sort of project that will search for Mew. Take note of the fateful encounter that awaits Satoshi and Go!
I stand corrected. Gary really is a member of Project Mew.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom