• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN068: A Rival for Go!? The Road to Mew!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That IS a surprise! I know I shouldn't count my Torchics before they hatch with this series, but I would be really happy if this means we get to see him as a recurring character from now on, similarly to his appearances in DP. That would be the best. :bulbaLove:

Summary and VA list courtesy of Adamant

When Satoshi and Go visit the Okido Laboratories, they find Satoshi's childhood friend Shigeru... and he explain he's part of some sort of project that will search for Mew. Take note of the fateful encounter that awaits Satoshi and Go!

Summary:
Satoshi and Go visit the Okido Laboratories in Masara Town for the first time in quite a while. There, Go learns from Professor Okido that "Project Mew", a team that will be making a full-scale search for Mew, is recruiting members. Satoshi also learns that the Goukazaru he left in the care of the Okido Laboratories hasn't shown itself recently, so he decides to go look for it together with Go. And believe it or not, along the way they encounter Satoshi's childhood friend and rival Shigeru.

Voice Cast:
Rica Matsumoto: Satoshi
Daiki Yamashita: Go
Ikue Ohtani: Pikachu
Megumi Hayashibara: Aceburn
Kenyu Horiuchi: Professor Okido
Shinichiro Miki: Lizardon
Yuji Ueda: Goukazaru
Kenta Miyake: Elekible
Tsuguo Mogami: Kamex
Hana Takeda: Sarunori
Yuko Kobayashi: Shigeru
Ryoko Shiraishi: Asahi
Marina Aicholtz: Go's Smartphone Rotom

Yep, that's great. Tsuguo Mogami replaces a late Unsho Ishizuka as providing his 2nd voice role as Gary's Blastoise and Electivire, but we don't actually know whether or not which voice actors will be available for their 2nd voice roles as Ash's Kingler, Muk, Swellow or Boldore or one of the Squirtle Squad members, or else Ash's Kingler, Muk, Swellow and Boldore and the Squirtle Squad will be written out of script? But we'll see.

Yep, that's great. Tsuguo Mogami replaces a late Unsho Ishizuka as providing his 2nd voice role as Gary's Blastoise, but we don't actually know whether or not which voice actors will be available for their 2nd voice roles as Ash's Kingler, Muk, Swellow or Boldore or one of the Squirtle Squad members, or else Ash's Kingler, Muk, Swellow and Boldore and the Squirtle Squad will be written out of script? But we'll see.

Kenta Miyake also replaces Unsho Ishizuka as Electivire

Oh, yeah. But Meant that both Tsuguo Mogami and Kanta Miyake replace a late Unsho Ishizuka as providing their 2nd voice roles as Gary's Blastoise and Electivire, respectively, that’s all. Whatever.

I do think it's kinda funny that some people are thinking the episode title is referring to Gary, though. It's definitely not the case given the rest of the title, and the introduction of the Project Mew characters, but even imagining it gives me the shudders. I do love Gou, but I think even I would lose my marbles if that were actually the case. =P
Since it's confirmed that Gary's part of Project Mew, I think it's quite likely that Gou's rival that's mentioned in the episode title is referring to Gary. So yeah, make of that what you will.

Since it's confirmed that Gary's part of Project Mew, I think it's quite likely that Gou's rival that's mentioned in the episode title is referring to Gary. So yeah, make of that what you will.
I totally forgot I made that post all that time ago LOL. This episode's title does actually make a lot more sense now that we know Gary is in Project Mew though, I get how it would refer to him now. :)

To clarify... what I was seeing suggested a lot back when this title got revealed was more like a traditional rival sense, like they would battle each other. Which to me just seemed not at all like something Gou would do, since he's not really the battling type to begin with, so it was weird to imagine that happening.

To clarify... what I was seeing suggested a lot back when this title got revealed was more like a traditional rival sense, like they would battle each other. Which to me just seemed not at all like something Gou would do, since he's not really the battling type to begin with, so it was weird to imagine that happening.
Ah, I see. Still, even if Gary wasn't a part of Project Mew, it wouldn't be that weird for him to be given the role of Gou's rival since he's more of a researcher nowadays.

I think it'll be Asahi, since she'll debut here too.
That's possible too, but considering that Gary (who's confirmed to also be a part of Project Mew) will probably be getting more focus in this episode than Asahi, I feel like it'd make more sense for the episode's title to be referencing Gary instead of Asahi.

So I saw the preview for this episode. For Ash's Pokémon we only see Bulbasaur, Charizard and Infernape. For Infernape, I don't know if it was happy or mad at Ash. If Infernape was mad because it thinks that Ash's hasent been using it for a while, then I hope it means that he will have Infernape on his team again. I know I asked this before, but looking at the preview, does it look like Infernape will be part of Ash's team again? Or do we still not know yet?

So I saw the preview for this episode. For Ash's Pokémon we only see Bulbasaur, Charizard and Infernape. For Infernape, I don't know if it was happy or mad at Ash. If Infernape was mad because it thinks that Ash's hasent been using it for a while, then I hope it means that he will have Infernape on his team again. I know I asked this before, but looking at the preview, does it look like Infernape will be part of Ash's team again? Or do we still not know yet?
The special preview we got earlier promises Ash will be seeing many more of his Pokémon too. And while it's not been confirmed, I doubt Infernape will follow Ash past this episode.

Where is Go's rival? For a titular character they’re oddly absent, unless of course, it’s Gary.
Well, I’m not complaining for now since the preview has emphasised on Ash, Gary and Infernape and the first and the third are by far my highlight for these episodes.

As someone who grew up with the Diamond and Pearl anime and had Infernape as my starter thanks to Ash, this is going to be a good one.

Where is Go's rival? For a titular character they’re oddly absent, unless of course, it’s Gary.
Well, I’m not complaining for now since the preview has emphasised on Ash, Gary and Infernape and the first and the third are by far my highlight for these episodes.

As someone who grew up with the Diamond and Pearl anime and had Infernape as my starter thanks to Ash, this is going to be a good one.

Maybe Goh claims Gary as a rival.....

Oh dear that sounds like a way to reignite the fan rage to new heights. Like a rival version of those Alain x Serena images after Kalos League.

I'm even more excited for this episode after watching this preview, I can't believe it's only a week away now. Seeing Infernape and of course Gary again after such a long time is going to be great, and I agree, Moltres looks AMAZING. I was a bit worried about the pacing of this episode like a lot of others, but looking at this, I think it might actually end up not being all too rushed, which is nice.

Showing Bulbasaur and Charizard, immediately followed up by the shot of Blastoise... I see what you did there.

This is the most I've looked forward to an episode of Journeys since the very first one, so I can't wait to watch it. :bulbaLove: :bulbaLove:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom