• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN068: A Rival for Go!? The Road to Mew!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
About the wedding stuff, the poster mentioned something about Ash liking a girl that told him to "never give up". I think that this girl is probably the person who inspired Ash to be a Pokemon Master. Remember back when this series was first being advertised? In one of the character sheets for Ash, they said that someone inspired him to be a Pokemon Master long ago.

Hopefully, this means more backstory for Ash. :love:

Expecting all of the reserves to have a role is unrealistic tbh, but I would love an update to that roster pic from the end of BW
Yes, I do agree with that. But I just wished they would come back for some random battles. I mean, really, the PWC is the perfect excuse for having them come back. Even if just for one battle. Especially considering Ash is not using his reserves for the League anymore ever since DP ended.

About the wedding stuff, the poster mentioned something about Ash liking a girl that told him to "never give up". I think that this girl is probably the person who inspired Ash to be a Pokemon Master. Remember back when this series was first being advertised? In one of the character sheets for Ash, they said that someone inspired him to be a Pokemon Master long ago.

I hope it’s not another romancebait like Amourshipping...
Yes, I do agree with that. But I just wished they would come back for some random battles. I mean, really, the PWC is the perfect excuse for having them come back. Even if just for one battle. Especially considering Ash is not using his reserves for the League anymore ever since DP ended.
I wish he’d do a repeat of OS when he suddenly sends out Muk against Bellsprout. That’s something pretty much no one expected. He could send out a random reserve in a battle.

So I read the leaks and it said that Infernape will return to the lab. NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOXJCJCJCKCKFLHXYDPDYOLGDPYDDYO!WHY DID THE POSTER TRICK US!!!!! WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!? NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!

But in all honesty, I wanted Pignite to be used again too, but I know that won't happen
Please. Torterra needs screen time

Serena? Well he told her to never give up

Wish, but don’t expect

Keep your expectations low and then be horribly surprised when it grabs a shovel and digs even lower than you thought possible

On the bright side, that means when it's actually interesting, you're pleasantly surprised instead
To quote Malcolm in the Middle:

“I expect nothing, and I’m still let down.”

Oh, so that's the source of that meme...?

Some reserves deserve to be featured more than others, the neglected ones especially.

For a second I thought (a slightly younger) Cerise was standing in the background, but after looking at this character again I think his hair is different. At first glance he looked like it though. It would have been interesting if Cerise was present when Gary and de facto also Ash started their yourney.

Maybe again a 'picture'scene they'll show to look back at the past without losing to much time in the proces. (Every second spend on a flashback is a second less to spend on the present, and Journeys does need every second of their episodes. It does sometimes feels a little rushed. And their will be a lot in this episode. Meeting up with Prof Oak, Ash meeting his old pokémon, searching for Infernape, introducing Gary again and learn about his goal, finding Infernape, battling Moltress, saying goodbye from everyone at the lab again(?), ... It will be a busy and fully packed episode I think.

Nice to see a cameo from Gary's Cheerleaders, wonder what other flashbacks we might get
I like to think it's the first of a set of flashbacks about Gary and Ash's shared adventures. It would be cool to also get one from the Johto League, one from the battle in the last AG episode (this one could even have a Tracey cameo), and one from a DP episode where Gary appeared. If, otherwise, this is the only one, still better than nothing.

Funny, I don’t quite remember Gary’s cheerleaders being so young in the OS. Guess they’re taking Journeys as a chance to fix something that would be seen as a bit problematic with adult women going around as cheerleaders for a 10 year old. Does create some questions with the episode Beauty and the Beach though...

Now that I think about it, Professor Oak originally appeared only after Gary and the crowd were gone. Maybe Ash doesn't remember the event that accurately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom