• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN068: A Rival for Go!? The Road to Mew!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hooray for flashbacks!!! Wow, this is the first time we've seen the cheerleaders in a long, LONG time lol.

I wonder if this will be the only flashback we get. I would really like to see a scene from the Johto League or DP (or maybe even the Pikachu vs. Eevee battle from end of OI!) in the Journeys art style... but at the same time I suspect this will probably be the only one there is. Regardless, this is a nice picture. :)

Last edited:
Now that I think about it, Professor Oak originally appeared only after Gary and the crowd were gone. Maybe Ash doesn't remember the event that accurately.
Well he obviously doesn’t remember the cheerleaders very well lol

Well he obviously doesn’t remember the cheerleaders very well lol
He also doesn't remember himself very well given how wildly different everything looks every time he recalls moments from the OS (same thing happened in BW/SM too) so I wouldn't think too hard about it

Or maybe they retconned their age to be younger because they realized how creepy it was that a bunch of adult women followed a 10-year-old around and dancing for him in short skirts
They do look shorter...

Or maybe they retconned their age to be younger because they realized how creepy it was that a bunch of adult women followed a 10-year-old around and dancing for him in short skirts
If I recall correctly, in Takeshi Shudo's anime novelization, Gary's father was the mayor of Pallet Town, and those women were his office workers or something like that.

If I recall correctly, in Takeshi Shudo's anime novelization, Gary's father was the mayor of Pallet Town, and those women were his office workers or something like that.
EsTTxxjVoAA5-RC.jpg

Wasn’t that the same novel that was edgier and had that Misty and her sisters’ parents had flat out abandoned them?

Wasn’t that the same novel that was edgier and had that Misty and her sisters’ parents had flat out abandoned them?
Yup. And that Gym Leaders would be fired if they lost too many matches in a row, and that Pokémon just randomly appeared on Earth over the course of one night with no explanation.

Yup. And that Gym Leaders would be fired if they lost too many matches in a row, and that Pokémon just randomly appeared on Earth over the course of one night with no explanation.
Okay, that part about the origin of Pokémon is new to me.
This novel is the gift that keeps on giving.

Okay, that part about the origin of Pokémon is new to me.
This novel is the gift that keeps on giving.
The original third movie was supposed to have them uncovering a t-rex fossil that comes to life and goes on a rampage

Alas, it was rejected because "A story where a bunch of minerals gain consciousness and comes to life won't be a hit"

The original third movie was supposed to have them uncovering a t-rex fossil that comes to life and goes on a rampage

Alas, it was rejected because "A story where a bunch of minerals gain consciousness and comes to life won't be a hit"
And the entire anime was supposed to conclude with a Pokémon revolution against humans.

I'm personally happy this didn't end up happening. Shudo's ideas were a bit overly dark at some points.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom