• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN068: A Rival for Go!? The Road to Mew!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sigh, I knew it.

They're cramming so much in a single episode. There are at least three plots here.
Each can make a full episode.
We can't know for sure. Maybe JN069 is just a pause.

We can't know for sure. Maybe JN069 is just a pause.
Even if that were the case, at that point, the pause could have been instead been used to hold one of the 3 plots that they’ve crammed into this episode. Whoever is behind these decisions of cramming these plots into a single episode this series needs to realize that plots, especially important elements, need time to breath. The rushed nature of this series is a constant problem and there’s especially no excuse when something has already been billed as an arc.

She's taking her time with it. That's exactly what her mother told her to do.
That’s not an excuse to stop her from appearing in major arcs, as you seem to be doing.
Other main characters were a part of huge arcs even if their goals didn’t exactly align with them. The fact is, Koharu desperately needs appearances and they’re excluding her from vital events.

That’s not an excuse to stop her from appearing in major arcs, as you seem to be doing.
Other main characters were a part of huge arcs even if their goals didn’t exactly align with them. The fact is, Koharu desperately needs appearances and they’re excluding her from vital events.
Maybe because her development is separate from Ash and Goh's journey most of the time? In any case, her absence in Project Mew does not bother me.

Man, I’m not sure whether to blame the writers or the execs for this breakneck pace, but these people clearly never played cards to just throw all their good stuff out in one go. Every single plot thread exposed and/or solved in this episode could be an episode of its own and would keep any invested audience interested.

Project Mew and a rival for Goh? One ep.

Visiting Oak’s and catching up to Ash’s old pals? One ep.

Meeting Gary? One ep.

Battling Moltres with Infernape? One ep.

But nope, let’s speedrun through all the hookers we left in that trailer so we can go back to the juicy stuff. Hey viewers, how about an episode on the butt head of Goh’s A-Exeggutor feeling lonely, eh?

I'm not sure about that.

Yonemura was the one who said you know what.

Man, I’m not sure whether to blame the writers or the execs for this breakneck pace, but these people clearly never played cards to just throw all their good stuff out in one go. Every single plot thread exposed and/or solved in this episode could be an episode of its own and would keep any invested audience interested.

Project Mew and a rival for Goh? One ep.

Visiting Oak’s and catching up to Ash’s old pals? One ep.

Meeting Gary? One ep.

Battling Moltres with Infernape? One ep.

But nope, let’s speedrun through all the hookers we left in that trailer so we can go back to the juicy stuff. Hey viewers, how about an episode on the butt head of Goh’s A-Exeggutor feeling lonely, eh?
You know, I think this here is where the core of Journey's issues truly lies: this series has a seriously bad habit of either rushing through or underfocusing on plot threads that could very easily be multi-episode arcs of their own at the very least (and then there's the PWC, which somehow manages to be both at once). Sure, past series sometimes did this too, but never to this ludicrous extent.

Ok so I have a question. With the title and information about the episode after this one revealed, does this mean that Gary and Infernape will return for one episode? Speaking of Infernape, the new poster showed that he might be part of Ash's team again, although people said that it could be misleading.

Maybe because her development is separate from Ash and Goh's journey most of the time? In any case, her absence in Project Mew does not bother me.
That isn’t really a good thing, though. Why is it separate? Other companions got to have their development with the protagonists even if their goals weren’t different. This is proving detrimental to Koharu at this point.

Lol Gary the playboy forever
Btw ignore the translaters note. This isnt too accurate do wait for a better translation
IMG_20210510_063407.jpg

Sigh, I knew it.

They're cramming so much in a single episode. There are at least three plots here.
Each can make a full episode.
More like two. Anyway, the episode is about introducing Project Mew and reintroducing Gary and the reserves. Whoever said Project Mew was a one episode deal was wrong.

Last edited:
Here's what I think will happen: the first half of the episode will be them at Oak's and Gary showing up, and the 2nd half will about Moltres.

Here's what I think will happen: the first half of the episode will be them at Oak's and Gary showing up, and the 2nd half will about Moltres.
Would sound great.

Why does Articuno ALWAYS get the short end of the stick compared to Moltres and Zapdos?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom