• Bubapedia Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Our technical staff are continuing to monitor the wiki to try and resolve these ongoing issues that are impacting page and image loading. We apologize for the inconvenience. We'll update as soon as we've got more information on this for you.

• Check out our new Mysterious Garden forum style if you haven't already - we're sure you'll love it!
  • All members are allowed to express their opinions, no matter how unpopular, so long as they respect others and do not claim their opinion is the only valid opinion. While we understand that there is debate regarding Goh, someone posting an opinion you disagree with does not give you the right to attack them or report the content for trolling/baiting. This notice will serve as a 0-point warning and as such, Anime & Manga staff reserve the right to jump immediately to point warnings. For more information regarding our stance on arguments and debates, see this PSA.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Preview JN069: Watch Over My First Errand!

Status
Not open for further replies.

duringpampers

Reaction score
Episode Title in Japanese: はじめてのおつかい見守りたいっ!
Air Date: June 4, 2021

FinnishPokéFan92

Huggable Electric Rodent
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
A very vague title. Not pretty much anything to go with.

Last edited:

BigDocFan

The Arcanine of Legend!
Reaction score
First use of Mew maybe, seems too soon

SammyW27

NOBODY EXPECTS A PALDEAN INQUISTION!
Reaction score
Maybe the Grookey and Eevee episode?

Yep, it is!
Summary courtesy of Dephendor:
Satoshi, Go and Koharu are visiting a Pokémon Center, where the naughty Sarunori and Eievui are constantly keeping them on their toes. Go and Koharu insist their Pokémon are actually really good kids, and Satoshi decides to help out by suggesting they give the Poémon duo an errand to run. Will their first errand go smoothly?

Screenplay 赤尾でこ (Deko Akao)
Storyboard 尼野浩正 (Hiromasa Amano)
Episode Director 小柴純弥 (Junya Koshiba)
Animation Director 大西雅也 (Masaya Onishi)
Animation Director 志村泉 (Izumi Shimura)
Animation Director 小山知洋 (Tomohiro Koyama)

Oh. Another "Pokemon have an adventure on their own" episode...

I'll wait until we know more, but I think I might skip it...

CyberKitten05

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
Pronouns
Sus/Amogus
Yep, it is!
Summary courtesy of Dephendor:

Oh. Another "Pokemon have an adventure on their own" episode...

I'll wait until we know more, but I think I might skip it...
Yay! I missed PMD episodes!
Even if they're not amazing, they're still a very nice change of pace.
I thought we'd never get one because Scorbunny, Sobble and Riolu already evolved but I'm glad to be wrong.

FinnishPokéFan92

Huggable Electric Rodent
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
I have a feeling "Use" should be translated as "Errand" instead, but I'm not sure.

BigDocFan

The Arcanine of Legend!
Reaction score
So the Project Mew arc has one episode before a break and isn't continuous, great

cricketlaxwolvesbandy

Ash's Lucario is his greatest Pokémon!
Reaction score
Episode 69 nice

Project Mew is only one episode wtf NOOO why not place this filler somewhere else

FinnishPokéFan92

Huggable Electric Rodent
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him

KenzeyEevee

Be kind and change the world!
Reaction score
Well, I guess this is XY84 all over again.
AGAIN LOL.
IMG_20210509_193200.jpg

ii kanji

Eternally misleading
Reaction score
Pronouns
She/her
When good, these Pokemon wandering around episodes can be brilliant (I loved the Alola starter trio ep for example). This kind of story might be right up Deko Akao's street tbf?...

skiittylalis

generation 6 apologist
Reaction score
Pronouns
she/her
episode 69 nice

but whats not very nice imo?? ashs team desperately needs focus and we decide fo focus on eevee and grookey. episodes where pokemon are the main stars can really add so much character and personality to the focused pokemon, and this kind of episode wouldve been perfect to yknow........ actually give ashs team focus?? like imagine the possibilities...... maybe gengar is being a trickster and trying to prank its teammates, and maybe sirfetchd is having none of it because thats not very noble behavior. or maybe dragonite is being happy and huggy with the "im so done with this bs please stop" stoic lucario. but noooooOOOOOO eevee and grookey need even more screentime because POKEMON LETS GO EEVEE(tm) AND POKEMON SWORD AND SHIELD(tm) ON SALE NOW

not doubting that this episode is gonna be bad because its been FAR too long since a (seemingly) pokemon driven episode, but i dont feel like buying lets go or swsh when im salty over ashs team not existing. did he even catch a gengar at this point

Reborn Talonflame

Reaction score
AGAIN? Okay, this is beyond a joke. I’m willing to let the fact that all writers face a blockage and need time to recover, so one/two rehashes are alright, but are you kidding me? As people have mentioned, this is another rehash of a previous episode in another series. Despite me really loving Bunnelby and Chespin’s episode, this is dumb.
They’re at least saved by the fact this technically at the moment isn’t a filler, cause we might see Eevee/Grookey learn something new or develop in terms of personality.
In the space of almost half a year, I’ve enjoyed probably two episodes at max. That is shocking, so I really hope it can spark the magic of that XY episode.

EDIT: Why doesn’t Gengar classify in this? Dammit, give the poor thing something to do! It’s mischievous, so let it misbehave with Grookey and Eevee - it’s literally up Gengar’s ally and they still haven’t used it!

Last edited:

Rainbow-Rain

LEADER OF THE INTELEON DEFENSE SQUAD
Reaction score
So we got a Lucario and Cinderace bonding episode

And now a Grookey and Eevee bonding episode

After this Drizzile will be the only Galar Starter who hasn't had a bonding episode yet

So what I'm saying is, When are we going to get a episode focused on Cinderace and Drizzile's bond? :unsure:

swiftgallade46

Now with Mega Evolution
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him/His
@duringpampers or @swiftgallade46, please change the "Use" in the title to "Errand". It's the correct translation.
Respectfully, please stop tagging me to change titles. Ask the OP to do it and be patient. I or another staff member will fix it on our own if/when we notice it’s off.
AGAIN? Okay, this is beyond a joke. I’m willing to let the fact that all writers face a blockage and need time to recover, so one/two rehashes are alright, but are you kidding me? As people have mentioned, this is another rehash of a previous episode in another series.
This type of plot is a common trope in several Pokémon series dating back to the Island of Giant Pokémon in the OS. It’s not really a rehash as much as it’s just is a different way of telling a story.

Status
Not open for further replies.