• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN069: Watch Over My First Errand!

Status
Not open for further replies.

duringpampers

Reaction score
Episode Title in Japanese: はじめてのおつかい見守りたいっ!
Air Date: June 4, 2021

Maybe the Grookey and Eevee episode?

Yep, it is!
Summary courtesy of Dephendor:
Satoshi, Go and Koharu are visiting a Pokémon Center, where the naughty Sarunori and Eievui are constantly keeping them on their toes. Go and Koharu insist their Pokémon are actually really good kids, and Satoshi decides to help out by suggesting they give the Poémon duo an errand to run. Will their first errand go smoothly?

Screenplay 赤尾でこ (Deko Akao)
Storyboard 尼野浩正 (Hiromasa Amano)
Episode Director 小柴純弥 (Junya Koshiba)
Animation Director 大西雅也 (Masaya Onishi)
Animation Director 志村泉 (Izumi Shimura)
Animation Director 小山知洋 (Tomohiro Koyama)

Oh. Another "Pokemon have an adventure on their own" episode...

I'll wait until we know more, but I think I might skip it...

Yep, it is!
Summary courtesy of Dephendor:

Oh. Another "Pokemon have an adventure on their own" episode...

I'll wait until we know more, but I think I might skip it...
Yay! I missed PMD episodes!
Even if they're not amazing, they're still a very nice change of pace.
I thought we'd never get one because Scorbunny, Sobble and Riolu already evolved but I'm glad to be wrong.

Well, I guess this is XY84 all over again.
AGAIN LOL.
IMG_20210509_193200.jpg

When good, these Pokemon wandering around episodes can be brilliant (I loved the Alola starter trio ep for example). This kind of story might be right up Deko Akao's street tbf?...

episode 69 nice

but whats not very nice imo?? ashs team desperately needs focus and we decide fo focus on eevee and grookey. episodes where pokemon are the main stars can really add so much character and personality to the focused pokemon, and this kind of episode wouldve been perfect to yknow........ actually give ashs team focus?? like imagine the possibilities...... maybe gengar is being a trickster and trying to prank its teammates, and maybe sirfetchd is having none of it because thats not very noble behavior. or maybe dragonite is being happy and huggy with the "im so done with this bs please stop" stoic lucario. but noooooOOOOOO eevee and grookey need even more screentime because POKEMON LETS GO EEVEE(tm) AND POKEMON SWORD AND SHIELD(tm) ON SALE NOW

not doubting that this episode is gonna be bad because its been FAR too long since a (seemingly) pokemon driven episode, but i dont feel like buying lets go or swsh when im salty over ashs team not existing. did he even catch a gengar at this point

AGAIN? Okay, this is beyond a joke. I’m willing to let the fact that all writers face a blockage and need time to recover, so one/two rehashes are alright, but are you kidding me? As people have mentioned, this is another rehash of a previous episode in another series. Despite me really loving Bunnelby and Chespin’s episode, this is dumb.
They’re at least saved by the fact this technically at the moment isn’t a filler, cause we might see Eevee/Grookey learn something new or develop in terms of personality.
In the space of almost half a year, I’ve enjoyed probably two episodes at max. That is shocking, so I really hope it can spark the magic of that XY episode.

EDIT: Why doesn’t Gengar classify in this? Dammit, give the poor thing something to do! It’s mischievous, so let it misbehave with Grookey and Eevee - it’s literally up Gengar’s ally and they still haven’t used it!

Last edited:
@duringpampers or @swiftgallade46, please change the "Use" in the title to "Errand". It's the correct translation.
Respectfully, please stop tagging me to change titles. Ask the OP to do it and be patient. I or another staff member will fix it on our own if/when we notice it’s off.
AGAIN? Okay, this is beyond a joke. I’m willing to let the fact that all writers face a blockage and need time to recover, so one/two rehashes are alright, but are you kidding me? As people have mentioned, this is another rehash of a previous episode in another series.
This type of plot is a common trope in several Pokémon series dating back to the Island of Giant Pokémon in the OS. It’s not really a rehash as much as it’s just is a different way of telling a story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom