• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN069: Watch Over My First Errand!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This type of plot is a common trope in several Pokémon series dating back to the Island of Giant Pokémon in the OS. It’s not really a rehash as much as it’s just is a different way of telling a story.
This type of story-telling? No. It’s accustom for the series to do an “adventure” episode - Alola Trio at the start of S&M, Pikachu & Alola Gang when Ash time travelled, etc.
However, it’s the “errand” part for me. Placing mischievous Pokemon with an errand is kind of one-note, and it’s relatively easy to imagine what they’ll do with this.
They’ll place the errand, Eevee and Grookey will mess up by a Pokemon stealing something, or getting distracted and losing track of what they’re supposed to be doing, all whilst they try to atone for their error for the rest of the episode. Plus, the setting of a Pokemon Centre isn’t exactly exciting in terms of what the task will be...
Im willing to give it a go though, because as I said, I liked the Chespin & Bunnelby episode.

This type of story-telling? No. It’s accustom for the series to do an “adventure” episode - Alola Trio at the start of S&M, Pikachu & Alola Gang when Ash time travelled, etc.
Not sure what the difference is. Just because it’s an “adventure” episode doesn’t mean it isn’t a story being told in a different way than usual (I.e. from the perspective of the Pokémon), which is done in several different series.

I wonder if this shot is from this episode? If it is, then all that's left from the special preview is the Project Mew arc itself.
Screenshot_20210509-235233.png

Surprised it isn't happening in Galar (Although thats just an assumption) as a way to just call it a Poke Job, show off a mechanic that they haven't yet. (Even though i'm pretty sure we are past the showing off mechanics stage for the base game)

Surprised it isn't happening in Galar (Although thats just an assumption) as a way to just call it a Poke Job, show off a mechanic that they haven't yet. (Even though i'm pretty sure we are past the showing off mechanics stage for the base game)
Pokemon slavery has less support in the anime world. One errand is fine.

Pokemon slavery has less support in the anime world. One errand is fine.
Not really, if we're calling Pokéjobs slavery then can we call Go a Pokémon poacher?
(To clarify, I don’t agree with any of these but it’s the same type of hyperbole where something inappropriate is used to compare a fairly mundane mechanic or goal)
Just because one doesn’t like the mechanic doesn’t make it slavery.

I think this episode could have worked as a half-episode, since previous iterations of this plot usually have very slow pacing and very long TR fights. Also it should have been made with Sobble in the team before evolving, it would have been a great way to develop it and he seems like a good foil to both Grookey and Eevee.

But now that it exists let's hope for the best, hopefully Geodude isn't the only one of Goh's Pokemon they meet.

I won't even lie.

I'm more excited for this episode than I am for any of the Project Mew Arc

But it kinda bums me out that I've seen people on Twitter who seem to dislike Grookey for allegedly "replacing" Cinderace.

Imo Grookey's the most fun First Stage Starter Pokemon we've had since maybe Piplup.

(Everything after Piplup has been either boring, barely any screentime, or just plain annoying imo)

Also Like out of 70 episodes, Cinderace has shown up in a majority of them. Grookey's only been around for less than 10 episodes.

And it's not as if Cinderace doesn't get any screentime. He still has a role in the Project Mew Arc coming up.

At least Be grateful that he didn't end up completely disappearing like a certain Lizard

While Rabbits and Monkeys have been fighting over table scraps the Lizards are outside dehydrated in the middle of a desert:bulbaFacepalm:

Summary and VA list courtesy of Adamant

The naughty Sarunori and the copycat Eievui are asked to run an errand! Satoshi and the others are kept on their toes as the duo keep getting distracted by all sorts of things! Get ready for 30 minutes where you can't keep yourself from cheering at how determined and hard working the two are!

Summary:
Satoshi, Go and Koharu are visiting a Pokémon Center, where the naughty Sarunori and Eievui are constantly keeping them on their toes. Go and Koharu insist their Pokémon are actually really good kids, and Satoshi decides to help out by suggesting they give the Pokémon duo an errand to run. Will their first errand go smoothly?

Voice Cast:
Rica Matsumoto: Satoshi
Daiki Yamashita: Go
Ikue Ohtani: Pikachu
Kana Hanazawa: Koharu
Megumi Hayashibara: Musashi
Shinichiro Miki: Kojiro
Inuko Inuyama: Nyarth
Yuji Ueda: Sonansu

Get ready for 30 minutes where you can't keep yourself from cheering at how determined and hard working the two are!
That’s weird. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a summary advertise the episode before, it feels like they’re saying “it’s a positive episode that will leave you feeling cheerful!”.
It’s like they know not many people would bother initially, and decided to hype it up more.
Quite frankly, I am going to watch it. Why wouldn’t I? It’s just odd that they’ve added that bit to the summary.

Summary and VA list courtesy of Adamant

The naughty Sarunori and the copycat Eievui are asked to run an errand! Satoshi and the others are kept on their toes as the duo keep getting distracted by all sorts of things! Get ready for 30 minutes where you can't keep yourself from cheering at how determined and hard working the two are!

Summary:
Satoshi, Go and Koharu are visiting a Pokémon Center, where the naughty Sarunori and Eievui are constantly keeping them on their toes. Go and Koharu insist their Pokémon are actually really good kids, and Satoshi decides to help out by suggesting they give the Pokémon duo an errand to run. Will their first errand go smoothly?

Voice Cast:
Rica Matsumoto: Satoshi
Daiki Yamashita: Go
Ikue Ohtani: Pikachu
Kana Hanazawa: Koharu
Megumi Hayashibara: Musashi
Shinichiro Miki: Kojiro
Inuko Inuyama: Nyarth
Yuji Ueda: Sonansu
Another Incomplete VA List? The last time we got a streak of incomplete VA Lists was to hide the fact that Axew evolved

I wonder what's being hidden now? :unsure:

I don't know if this has been brought up, but I believe this episode is based off of the popular Japanese TV show called Hajimete no Otsukai (My First Errand), which has been on for over 25 years.

It's a reality show where little kids are sent out to do minor tasks for their family for the first time, like going to a bakery or a grocery store all on their own, while a camera crew follows them. It's pretty similar to how this summary is phrased (so I don't think it's about "hype" lol, I think it's just a reference to this show).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom