• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN069: Watch Over My First Errand!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unlike Rillaboom, Inteleon is the most popular stage of his line (And the most popular Galar mon in Japan in general). Cinderace, most popular stage of its line.

Rillaboom is very popular, but it seems Grookey won't evolve until Sobble does at least

I don’t mind this episode coming straight after the project Mew introduction, so long as project Mew is mentioned in someway - maybe Goh can be seen doing a bit of reading about it?

The episodes would just flow a lot better if there’s a reason for this episode to be be between episode 68 and 71 - otherwise, we may as well have had it before the Project Mew introduction. In past series, Ash and the gang we’re always travelling to the next city, which gave filler an organic place as something they encounter on the way to the next city.

An episode focusing on Eevee and Grookey is great, perhaps even overdue – but the placement seems odd.

Please. No Erezun for anyone.

I'll only watch this episode because Koharu will have a role in it, honestly the premise doesn't sound interesting.

I don’t mind this episode coming straight after the project Mew introduction, so long as project Mew is mentioned in someway - maybe Goh can be seen doing a bit of reading about it?

The episodes would just flow a lot better if there’s a reason for this episode to be be between episode 68 and 71 - otherwise, we may as well have had it before the Project Mew introduction. In past series, Ash and the gang we’re always travelling to the next city, which gave filler an organic place as something they encounter on the way to the next city.

An episode focusing on Eevee and Grookey is great, perhaps even overdue – but the placement seems odd.
Would be a great way of doing things, having episodes at least have some connective tissue between them but knowing how Journeys likes to handle things, we probably won’t even hear mention of Project Mew again until episode 71. Just look at Ash’s loss to Bea for example; He was having fun in a valley of Pikachu the next episode, had a semblance of losses related to it the following episode, went to Alola after that, fossil digging in the following before finally rematching Bea having done no plot relevant preparation.

Would be a great way of doing things, having episodes at least have some connective tissue between them but knowing how Journeys likes to handle things, we probably won’t even hear mention of Project Mew again until episode 71. Just look at Ash’s loss to Bea for example; He was having fun in a valley of Pikachu the next episode, had a semblance of losses related to it the following episode, went to Alola after that, fossil digging in the following before finally rematching Bea having done no plot relevant preparation.
That string of episodes is a perfect example of my problem with Journeys, it feels like most episodes could just happen in any order - and the episodes that do relate to each other are just arbitrarily spaced apart.

When Ash lost to Brawly, all the episodes before the rematch made reference to the battle or had Ash training - they were still all episodes that achieved things Independent of that; Magma/Aqua plot, Wurmple evolutions, Pokémon debuts, captures, development for May and Brock but had connective tissue regarding their reason for being there. I understand Journeys isn’t the same kind of series - but it really should have more constant through lines instead of being all over the place.

That string of episodes is a perfect example of my problem with Journeys, it feels like most episodes could just happen in any order - and the episodes that do relate to each other are just arbitrarily spaced apart.

When Ash lost to Brawly, all the episodes before the rematch made reference to the battle or had Ash training - they were still all episodes that achieved things Independent of that; Magma/Aqua plot, Wurmple evolutions, Pokémon debuts, captures, development for May and Brock but had connective tissue regarding their reason for being there. I understand Journeys isn’t the same kind of series - but it really should have more constant through lines instead of being all over the place.

I've wondered if there's been less communication between writers than usual, maybe due to the virus.

I've wondered if there's been less communication between writers than usual, maybe due to the virus.
Doubtful considering these episodes would be planned out months in advance. Hell, the Darkest Day arc showed that they could do an entire 4 episode arc with multiple writers for a coherent story in spite of covid. So there’s really no excuse there.

Doubtful considering these episodes would be planned out months in advance. Hell, the Darkest Day arc showed that they could do an entire 4 episode arc with multiple writers for a coherent story in spite of covid. So there’s really no excuse there.
Just because the episodes are planned out in advance doesn't mean that the writers are communicating or actually trying to tell a longform story, especially when said story has dozens of episodes between story beats and then acts like nothing happened in the intervening months, which gets jarring

Just because the episodes are planned out in advance doesn't mean that the writers are communicating or actually trying to tell a longform story, especially when said story has dozens of episodes between story beats and then acts like nothing happened in the intervening months, which gets jarring
Except in the case of episodes we’re discussing, it wasn’t anywhere close to dozens, it was 6, counting both Bea episodes, in which they couldn’t even be bothered with actually offering development to create even a semblance of connective tissue, leading to Ash going from a complete blowout to tying against the same opponent believable. Hell, we went from Ash suffering a devastating loss to him docking around with Go trying to capture a Pikachu without even the slightest sign of concern to the point that you’d think there never was a battle and that things were aired out of order, something that has never been the case when Ash lost in any prior series. It’s made even worse when they then presented that his recovery of ranking happened entirely offscreen, something that could have been alleviated by even dedicating a short segment to Ash training or battling. This is an issue when you can’t even seem to get communication in such short order.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom