• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN070: Please! Catch Morpeko!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I wouldn’t write it off as offscreen development just yet. There’s still a chance something can happen within the episode that causes Morpeko to be nice and selfless as shown in the preview; but there’s always going to be skepticism when it comes to Journeys. The writers built that unfortunate relationship between us (the audience) and them.

Having the change happening within this episode is way too convenient and out of the blue.
They haven't given any reason to like that pest and all the motives to loathe it.

I expected that today's episode could, at least, gave us a small glimpse of it undergoing development. But its jerkish behaviour prevailed.

Sorry, but that beast is too mean and unlikeable to remain in the anime.

There's a rumor or "leak" going around that James will catch Morpeko. The only thing making me doubt that is the fact that, that won't solve TR's problems with it, unless Morpeko learns to be selfless.
I think the circumstantial evidence is mounting for this with or without leaks. Tbf if anyone can reform Morpeko's character with kindness it is Kojiro. I just fear a Chirean or (to a MUCH lesser extent) Maaiika situation where the Pokemon loves Kojiro but doesn't get on at all with Musashi. But anyway, that is a route of speculation which is quite unnecessary for now :ROFLMAO:

What Team Rocket need is May's Pink Surprise. It filled up Munchlax, so Morpeko would be sated after a block or two. Or May's Purple Surprise, that would eliminate Morpeko outright. Here are some critiques of May's Purple Surprise:

Brock: That's a very strange flavor.
Max: I think calling it a flavor at all is going too far.
James: There is a hint of how you say, jet fuel and an after taste of burning truck tires and for some reason, I can't seem to quite swallow it. It is my conclusion that these pokéblocks should be destroyed before anyone eats any of it by mistake.

Actually, this would be a great way to incorporate Team Rocket into a May reunion episode, while playing on existing continuity.

We're only like halfway through the show so I fully expect Grookey to be replaced with Toxel or Kubfu in like 15 episodes.
Hopefully not Toxel, because I really don't want its personality in the main cast.

And I don't want a baby being sidelined or treated just as a gag-mon or something for Gou to carry around.

Dakuma is a bad choice too, due to its need for battles. That's in its nature and Gou won't provide that because battling is not his schtick.

Look, at this point it's very clear that the writers are not interested on developing characters properly.
They go the easy way or resort to stereotypes.

About the pricky rodent, just drop it here.
Its reign of terror has to end.

Look, at this point it's very clear that the writers are not interested on developing characters properly.
They go the easy way or resort to stereotypes.
Which is why I don't want Toxel in the main cast, but Grookey will be replaced someday when it evolves, y'know? Maybe they'll move on to the Sinnoh starters instead idk.

I wanted Erezun for Satoshi....
We got Riolu and it was a total disaster.

This week there was an improvement.
Except for the setting up for this episode, as the hungry bastard is still so nasty.

I won't like it if that pest changes after being caught, due to the vibes it sends and not being believable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom