• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN070: Please! Catch Morpeko!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the idea of Team Rocket begging Goh to catch Morpeko, I can just imagine them offering it to Giovanni

Giovanni: What exactly does this Pokemon do?
James: Not a lot boss, but if you ever have food that is going to waste, Morpeko will eat it and you out of home

I really dislike TR's Morpeko and I'm still butthurt that it didn't belong to Marnie but I guess some TR content after a long time is better than nothing right?

..... Right?
Oh-oh... I know what she's going to do ...

Well, this is excellent in terms of pacing. I would have rather had the Grookey & Eevee episode before the Project Mew starting point, and this episode as well. I don’t mind the concept of this episode, cause it’s needed because TR have been starved of anything notable, and it’s this is no means a filler, but why can we never have something properly strung together?

Are my eyes deceiving me?

A TRio focus episode for the first time in over a year that isnt squeezed into a 10 minute segment??

Best case scenario James befriends and catches the gremlin, but the pessimist in me expects this to just be a gateway episode into Goh catching one of few Pokemon that allows them to be occasionally relevant in the series. Either way, interested to see where this goes :unsure:

Three episodes about Electric rodents in less than 10 episodes? That's Journeys' variety for ya.

However this could be where we get some unusual interactions between Jessie/James and the twerps that we haven't seen in a while, so there's that.

Ooh, imagine the potential rivalry between those two gluttonous rodents.

PLEASE NO I HATE THAT UGLY SQUIRREL.

Three episodes about Electric rodents in less than 10 episodes? That's Journeys' variety for ya.
This seems like a really nitpicky dig at JN. Is it really that bad if they feature Pokémon of the same type or animal for semi-consecutive episodes? Also I’m pretty certain past series have most assuredly done the same thing.

I'll probably be skipping this one too. Silver-lining if it's implying TRio needs someone, in this case Goh, to catch it for the sake of their own well-being, then I won't get up in arms if this is another Goh capture, and hopefully little to no one else will either.

Would like to see Marnie make a possible appearance in the anime though. Hopefully she might in the future.

Reactions: Jez
Why do you think people like Raihan so much?
Not sure. Maybe they think he's handsome?
Well, Raihan just so happens to be my favorite SWSH character, so here's the list of reasons I personally like him:
  1. He has one of the most interesting Gym Battles in a while. Not just because it's a Double Battle, but because it's themed around weather and the inclusion of non-Dragons means you can't just bust out one Pokemon and one-shot everything with a super-effective move. You have to use actual strategy, or at least more than usual for Gym Battles.
  2. His rivalry with Leon feels quite unique because it's fairly uncommon to see this sort of dynamic between two NPC characters in the games. And the fact that poor Raihan is such an underdog makes me root for him.
  3. He's hilarious. The fact that his Dynamaxing animation has him taking a freaking selfie made me burst out into laughter the first time I saw it.
There's definitely people out there who mainly like him for being something of a pretty boy, but for me Raihan's main selling point is his personality. SWSH in general has an extremely fun cast of characters. As for Marnie, while she doesn't rank nearly as high as Raihan in my list of SWSH human characters, I think there's plenty of reasons people like her beyond her cuteness:
  1. Her goth personality, as goth characters tend to be quite liked in general.
  2. She specializes on Dark-types, and Dark is a fairly popular type in and of itself.
  3. The fact that her motivation for taking on the Galar League challenge is to bring some much needed spotlight to her hometown, which on top of making her the underdog of the SWSH rival quartet, also makes her the most selfless in a way.
  4. Being less friendly than Hop but not as antagonistic as Bede in a way makes her the most "natural" of the rivals. It's been discussed to death how tired everyone is of the Friendly Rival archetype, but the Mean Rivals themselves have their own share of backlash. Marnie being somewhere in the middle in a way makes her the least contentious.
And there you have it. There's plenty of reasons to like both Raihan and Marnie beyond just their appearances, and please don't take this the wrong way, but assuming that people only like them because they're cute/handsome is honestly pretty reductive: sure, there's certainly fans who like them for those reasons and those reasons alone, but at the same time there's fans who just genuinely appreciate them as characters.

What is up with this filler-like episodes? (They arent fillers, but feel like it , until the end of the episode where something changes like an evolution or a release or a capture). Couldnt they have done this like 20 episodes ago?

Marnie is an OK character, but I wonder how many people like her as much as they do because they think she's cute.
Not sure. Maybe they think he's handsome?
The assumption that people like a certain character because of their appearance alone comes off as weirdly elitist and dismissive of tastes that are not your own.

Wait, wait - is there anyone who wants TRio to catch Morpeko? I do; I'm surprised that there are people who actually want Go to claim it.
I’m honestly really torn. On one hand, I so want for Kojiro to get a pokemon and him befriending Morpeko is so easily doable given his character and history! On the other hand, their interactions till now have been positively toxic and I just cannot imagine how they would redeem that. Them being forced to catch it and still being apathetic to it/it still being horrible to them is for me the worst possible outcome. I would take any other character catching it over that scenario.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom