• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN070: Please! Catch Morpeko!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My expectations for this series are so low that half of me expects this to be an episode that has nothing to do with the Rocket trio's Pokémon and is instead about some random other Morpeko instead.
The thought had occurred to me as well.
Edit: Realistically, though...I figure either them or Marnie.

Even if Marnie does appear at all, they’ll probably strip her of her partner like they did Sonia’s Yamper.
I still think Sonia might have Boltund (I don't think Sakuragi's Yamper is Evolving)

Marnie will probably have Galar Zigzagoon or Grimmsnarl (I feel like there's a reason why those two Pokémon haven't been introduced yet)

Prediction: Goh tries to catch Morpeko only to turn out that not even his amazing luck at catching things can contain the hangry hamster, meaning Team Rocket is forever doomed to be tormented by it.

Or at least until Journeys ends.
Hey, if they die from hunger, they're not gonna stop being dead at the end of the series.

Hey Gallade guy, if you're seeing this, can you translate for us? If the episode has a description, that is.

My expectations would normally be: Musashi capturing Morpeko and giving Kojirou the opportunity to finally get his own Galar Pokemon as well, or Mary's debut. But after reading so many comments about how this series tend to be disappointing most of the times I would guess it's just a filler that might or might not involve Trio.

My expectations would normally be: Musashi capturing Morpeko and giving Kojirou the opportunity to finally get his own Galar Pokemon as well, or Mary's debut. But after reading so many comments about how this series tend to be disappointing most of the times I would guess it's just a filler that might or might not involve Trio.
Lol you never know, knowing JN

Marnie is an OK character, but I wonder how many people like her as much as they do because they think she's cute.
I wasn't really gonna comment on this, well, in reality I wasn't even gonna say anything in this thread at all since I'm not interested in this ep in the slightest, and while Ghost Diplocaulus and PkmnTrainerV explained it really well, I figured to add something here too:

Like, it's fine to like a characters solely for their appeareance too. It's okay. You don't need a 10 pages essay on why you like them in detail, commenting every single point of their journey and all. Sometimes you just like a character for their design alone, be because you think they are beautiful, or cute, or weird, or hot, or even just straight up ugly, and that's 100% valid as well.

Actually, I would even argue that design is just as important to a character as their arcs, motivations and personalities. Because most of the time, I would even go on a limb here and claim nearly everytime, the design is what first attracts you to a character. And I mean this not only in the sense of you finding the characters beautiful or something like that. You look at a character and think ''Hey this lil dude over here looks interesting. I wanna know more about him.''. I woud argue that the design attracts you, and the story and personality makes you stay.

Frankly this is about pratically every fandom, not just Pokémon, but there's this weird thing where some people on the internet say that you are ''shallow'' because you like the design of a character and they expect you to write whole paragraphs to strangers online explaining in extreme detail why you happen to enjoy said character, and this, to me, gives off a ~weird vibe~, to say the least. Not accusing anyone of anything, but it's weird.

Also, I wanna state that this is not a personal attack to you. I don't think you said this out of malice, but it definitely sounded off.

Last edited:
Prediction: Goh tries to catch Morpeko only to turn out that not even his amazing luck at catching things can contain the hangry hamster, meaning Team Rocket is forever doomed to be tormented by it.

Or at least until Journeys ends.
10 bucks says this happens with Morpeko catching Gou’s PokéBall in its little hands, eating it, and then blasting the TRio (and itself) off *redacts grumbles about this toxic dynamic staying :rolleyes: *

Last edited:
Let me guess: Morpeko has eaten all of TR’s food supply, and how has now started terrorizing nearby cities/town. Ash and Goh will have to once again investigate. Goh will conveniently have Raichu with him which will manage to collect enough berries to satisfy the hangry Morpeko; and then Goh will catch it. (I haven’t seen JN067 yet, so maybe half of that already happened in that episode, but I’m also assuming this will be an ongoing investigation).

Let me guess: Morpeko has eaten all of TR’s food supply, and how has now started terrorizing nearby cities/town. Ash and Goh will have to once again investigate. Goh will conveniently have Raichu with him which will manage to collect enough berries to satisfy the hangry Morpeko; and then Goh will catch it. (I haven’t seen JN067 yet, so maybe half of that already happened in that episode, but I’m also assuming this will be an ongoing investigation).
The investigation was concluded in JN067. I think this'll be just Team Rocket trio asking Goh to catch Morpeko out of desperation to get rid of it.

A Pokémon eating a Pokeball has already happened before, so I’m not sure what’s to unfeasible about that.
And not just any Pokeball, it was a Master Ball of all things. Yeah, the one time we saw a Master Ball getting used it failed miserably at the one job it's supposed to be the best at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom