• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN070: Please! Catch Morpeko!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve skipped a chunk of episodes this series and can only recall Morpeko’s debut episode being the only episode I’ve seen with Morpeko making an appearance. With that being said, I’m different to it; however, if someone were eating up my food, I’d want them gone too.
It also had major roles in the Food Eating Contest Ep and the Detectiv- oops I mean Suspect Pikachu Ep

I can't wait to see so expect this happens, Jessie, James and Meowth doesn't want Morpeko, but they are tired to help someone or Goh will catch again.

Summary and VA list courtesy of Adamant

The Rocket Gang has resolved to release the Morpeko that gets in a bad mood a soon a it gets hungry back into the wild... but even though Kojiro and Nyarth approved of Musashi's plan, they start missing it more and more...

Summary:
The Morpeko has settled down in the Rocket Gang's hideout is a massive glutton that's even eaten the cakes Musashi saved for later and the food Kojiro thought he had hidden inside their safe. It's recently started eating more than ever, leading the Rocket Gang to start thinking they won't be able to perform their mission if this keeps up, so they resolve to release it back into the wild. But...?!

Voice Cast:
Rica Matsumoto: Satoshi
Daiki Yamashita: Go
Ikue Ohtani: Pikachu
Yuichi Nakamura: Professor Sakuragi
Megumi Hayashibara: Musashi
Shinichiro Miki: Kojiro
Inuko Inuyama: Nyarth
Yuji Ueda: Sonansu

At least there’s the possibility of Morpeko warming up to TR, so it can go out of Hangry-Mode when it’s around, which hopefully means it can actually battle with them if they ever appear in Project Mew episodes.
Phew, it’s not another filler I suppose, thank Arceus.

It's recently started eating more than ever, leading the Rocket Gang to start thinking they won't be able to perform their mission if this keeps up
Silly TR, even without Morpeko, you have never been able to perform your “mission”.

The Rocket Gang has resolved to release the Morpeko that gets in a bad mood a soon a it gets hungry back into the wild... but even though Kojiro and Nyarth approved of Musashi's plan, they start missing it more and more...
...I-I don't know how to feel about this. I'm baffled, honestly. Why are they missing the pokemon that has been starving them and keeping them on edge for how long now? :confused::confused::confused: I'm hoping this episode will make Morpeko permanently change its ways if this is actually the case...because otherwise that sends a terrible message to the kids in the audience for whatever excuse the anime comes up with for James and Meowth actually missing Morpeko.

...this is a little ridiculous, honestly. They've had zero reason to form any sort of connection with this pokemon and yet they miss it??? Mimikyu, at least, sided with them and "helped" them try and catch Pikachu-meaning that they had the groundwork for a partnership leading to an actual connection down the line. Bewear, at least, improved their quality of life. Why do they miss the pokemon that has been starving them when they're struggling on a normal daily basis???

I don't care if they have Morpeko change after this episode-which feels unlikely anyway, the fact that James and Meowth are actually missing that thing is frustrating. It would be far better if they actually released that thing as it would send a solid message to the kids in the audience: if somebody is treating you badly in a way that is affecting your mental or physical health, it is absolutely okay to cut them off. But, no, I guess they "miss" it for some strange reason-I still can't understand this at all??? Can we please talk about why they're "missing" Morpeko? This is...why are they missing the pokemon who's been treating them badly???

...I-I don't know how to feel about this. I'm baffled, honestly. Why are they missing the pokemon that has been starving them and keeping them on edge for how long now? :confused::confused::confused: I'm hoping this episode will make Morpeko permanently change its ways if this is actually the case...because otherwise that sends a terrible message to the kids in the audience for whatever excuse the anime comes up with for James and Meowth actually missing Morpeko.

...this is a little ridiculous, honestly. They've had zero reason to form any sort of connection with this pokemon and yet they miss it??? Mimikyu, at least, sided with them and "helped" them try and catch Pikachu-meaning that they had the groundwork for a partnership leading to an actual connection down the line. Bewear, at least, improved their quality of life. Why do they miss the pokemon that has been starving them when they're struggling on a normal daily basis???

I don't care if they have Morpeko change after this episode-which feels unlikely anyway, the fact that James and Meowth are actually missing that thing is frustrating. It would be far better if they actually released that thing as it would send a solid message to the kids in the audience: if somebody is treating you badly in a way that is affecting your mental or physical health, it is absolutely okay to cut them off. But, no, I guess they "miss" it for some strange reason-I still can't understand this at all??? Can we please talk about why they're "missing" Morpeko? This is...why are they missing the pokemon who's been treating them badly???

This is PM2019/Journeys, where people & Pokemon bond when there is NO REASON WHATSOEVER.

There could still be something in the episode that we're not counting on that could redeem Morpeko. Let's wait and see.
My issue isn't whether or not Morpeko might not be redeemed-my issue is why James and Meowth are missing it in the first place. There's absolutely no reason for them to because they've formed no connection with this pokemon-why do they miss it? The only thing they can "miss" from it is the fact that it eats all their food-which...that sends really bad vibes...

My issue isn't whether or not Morpeko might not be redeemed-my issue is why James and Meowth are missing it in the first place. There's absolutely no reason for them to because they've formed no connection with this pokemon-why do they miss it? The only thing they can "miss" from it is the fact that it eats all their food-which...that sends really bad vibes...
My point was that there could be some sort of missing element that we're not aware of yet.

Maybe they understand that Morpeko can't control itself when it is hungry. And when it is full, it looks very cute and innocent.

Mimikyu, at least, sided with them and "helped" them try and catch Pikachu-meaning that they had the groundwork for a partnership leading to an actual connection down the line. Bewear, at least, improved their quality of life. Why do they miss the pokemon that has been starving them when they're struggling on a normal daily basis???
Also Mimikyu had moments that did suggest some level of care for the TRio, for instance stopping its attack on Pikachu to help Nyasu and Sonansu chase after a huge bear that’s taken Musashi and Kojiro AND MIMIKYU ONLY KNEW THEM FOR A FEW MINUTES not to mention Mimikyu fighting and defeating the Totem Raticate. Morpeko hasn’t been helpful at all even in its happy mode and there’s been no signs of a bond or care or affection.

ii kanji’s beaten me to it but you know, even in some of the best case scenarios I thought up for this ep, I was expecting them to insert a lot of bonding flashbacks that happened in offscreen land so the thing about them realizing they miss Morpeko, alright fine. What does alarm me is the fact that it’s specifically James and Meowth that realize they miss it and that Jessie’s the one that comes up with the plan. Maybe it’s oversensitivity but I’m getting some strong vibes we’re going to be getting the “Musashi’s a b*tch” in this episode... cause why else would they want to get rid of the thing that’s *insert everything said about Morpeko in this thread* :rolleyes: I was already afraid they were going to shame the TRio for trying to get rid of Morpeko but the fact it sounds like they’re going to shame one member... :annoyedVoltorb::annoyedVoltorb::annoyedVoltorb::annoyedVoltorb::annoyedVoltorb::annoyedVoltorb::annoyedVoltorb::annoyedVoltorb::annoyedVoltorb::annoyedVoltorb::annoyedVoltorb::annoyedVoltorb::annoyedVoltorb::annoyedVoltorb::annoyedVoltorb:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom