• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review JN070: Please! Catch Morpeko!!

I don't even remember a single time when a character was training a Pokemon specifically to get it to evolve, and if that did happen, it was probably because that's what the Pokemon wanted. The writers may or may not be lazy, but Go loves catching Pokemon. He'd rather go seek a Pidgeotto than train a Pidgey that probably wants to be left alone; it can battle its friends without anyone bossing it around.
Except that therein lies the problem with the quantity over quality prospect of Go’s goal, his Pokémon hardly get any semblance of a personality especially towards their wants. How is it that can you really say that they just want to be left alone and that they wouldn’t possibly want to evolve when they never receive any focus? Go may like to capture Pokémon but he has shown in the past that he is capable of evolving his Pokémon, even giving away his Dugtrio because he had a Diglett already that he could evolve. This kind of thing ends up feeling like an inconsistency with Go that just keeps happening with one minute him being willing to evolve his Pokémon to get a dex entry while the next him doing a living dex.

Is Grookey a little afraid of TRio? He went into hidding after the motto and wasn't seen untill after TRio blasted off. Maybe the animators didn't want to draw Goh givings orders to Cinderace with Grookey on his shoulders or arm or head, but it would also be a nice touch.

(Also funny, were all the Pokémon TRio caught at the mall members of the Pokémon Goh caught? His list of Pokémon is now also usefull for the animators in other groupshots.)

Is Grookey a little afraid of TRio? He went into hidding after the motto and wasn't seen untill after TRio blasted off. Maybe the animators didn't want to draw Goh givings orders to Cinderace with Grookey on his shoulders or arm or head, but it would also be a nice touch.

(Also funny, were all the Pokémon TRio caught at the mall members of the Pokémon Goh caught? His list of Pokémon is now also usefull for the animators in other groupshots.)
Given Grookey’s debut episode it’s possibly a case where it’s afraid that they’ll try to take it away from Go, though given that they did treat it well, it is kinda odd that it’d be afraid of them even if it didn’t want to remain with them.

Ash - Pikachu

Goh - Pikachu
True, but the post wasn't about that. It was how Ash, his friends, and Team Rocket each have caught a Pikachu clone.
I don’t think Ash applies. Pikachu cannot be a Pikaclone by definition, since it’s the thing all other “clones” are based on. It’s the Pika-original, not the Pika-clone.

I won’t count Raichu either, since it wasn’t meant to repliacate Pikachu’a popularity, and again, was made when Pikaclones weren’t a thing.

I don’t think Ash applies. Pikachu cannot be a Pikaclone by definition, since it’s the thing all other “clones” are based on. It’s the Pika-original, not the Pika-clone.

I won’t count Raichu either, since it wasn’t meant to repliacate Pikachu’a popularity, and again, was made when Pikaclones weren’t a thing.

I put Ash there because he has the Original (Which means by definition he isn't getting a clone), while the others got clones because Ash had the original (Which means by definition they aren't getting Pikachu).

I put Ash there because he has the Original (Which means by definition he isn't getting a clone), while the others got clones because Ash had the original (Which means by definition they aren't getting Pikachu).
However unlikely it may be, it’s still a fact that Ash doesn’t have a Pikaclone. The second half of your statement got invalidated by Go, and even though that Pikachu evolved, Raichu still isn’t a Pikaclone. That's as ridiculous as calling Charizard a knock off charmander.

I've watched the episode and I noticed something while I was translating the text on the newspapers Jessie and James were reading using this webpage out of curosity. The small green text on the very top of front page of the newspaper James is reading translates to "CORONANIMAKERUNA" (コロナに負けるな, "beat the coronavirus!").

I've watched the episode and I noticed something while I was translating the text on the newspapers Jessie and James were reading using this webpage out of curosity. The small green text on the very top of front page of the newspaper James is reading translates to "CORONANIMAKERUNA" (コロナに負けるな, "beat the coronavirus!").
Guess we now know why Castelia City was so empty when Ash and Go visited. :p

Episode was kind of bland tbh.

Kojirou catching something is cool and Morpeko’s Stomping Tantrum but other than that it looks like they were mostly stagnate with their handling of the hamster making it feel like a mandated mascot addition.

TR are so meh and “there” this series, I mean I would take a lighter amount of appearance with SM-quality over them appearing as much as now.

Soo... i don't understand something

Did Team Rocket steal Pokemon in a shopping mall or in Sakuragi Insitute (Every single one of the Pokemon they stole, are owned by Goh, how convienent for the budget).
I’m not really getting why this matters or how it affects the budget

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom