• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN071: Let's Go! Project Mew!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems that we have more new characters.

Also, this is the one that ends up in failure.

Anyway, based on the title alone this episode is clearly not “just another Goh capture”. It has far more significance to the overall plot and his goal.
Ok but Ninetales will still become a background character with only cameos after this episode

I'm assuming that this is the one that ends with Tsurugi giving Gou that scolding.
The scolding could happen in the middle of the episode, after them almost getting lost in a blizzard or something.
If other members of Project Mew are involved in trying to get Alolan Ninetales, I would like to see them get it instead of Goh, prove he won't have an easy time of it like just throwing a Poke Ball without weakening it first
Each Trial Mission is specifically designated for a single Trainer. That's the impression I got from when Gary did his mission.

I think that having the episode end on such a low note would create more impact.

I doubt that. It's his episode, after all.
If the scolding happens mid-episode.....
Tsurugi dismissed Gou, telling him he's failed the mission....

But then Gou will insist on try to pass the trial, to prove Tsurugi wrong.....
Isn't that disregarding his superior's orders?

If the scolding happens mid-episode.....
Tsurugi dismissed Gou, telling him he's failed the mission....

But then Gou will insist on try to pass the trial, to prove Tsurugi wrong.....
Isn't that disregarding his superior's orders?
He's not berating Goh over failing the mission. It's just that something almost fatal, like getting lost in a snowstorm, happens, and Tsurugi berates Goh and Ash on their reckless behavior.

The translation could have given it a different meaning.
But if he says 'You're disqualified'......
Then the first thing one could think is that Gou failed.

I'm just considering that possibility.
Why would he berate Satoshi? He's only there and not taking part of the mission.

The translation could have given it a different meaning.
But if he says 'You're disqualified'......
Then the first thing one could think is that Gou failed.

I'm just considering that possibility.
Why would he berate Satoshi? He's only there and not taking part of the mission.
Maybe because Ash's life was on the line too?

If that's the case, Satoshi needs to snap back at Tsurugi.
He shouldn't allow that kind of remarks from someone that doesn't hold any power over him.

Maybe-joke aside.
I'd like if they put a call-back to him defeating Regice before.
That at least would justify why Satoshi thought that he could deal with this one.

This irritates me Ngl

This was a perfect opportunity for Lillie to return with a fully evolved Snowy

But nah let's just waste Alolan Ninetales on Goh.

It really makes me wonder what was the point in Lillie holding on to that Ice Stone?

I guess Snowy is doomed to be like Rowlet

To be fair, an Alolan Ninetales appearing here doesn't mean it's impossible for Lillie to eventually appear with her own evolved Snowy down the road. Plus, I think the lack of a proper follow up to the Ice Stone in SM proper kind of made the decision of giving it to Lillie questionable at best already. Given that Snowy was never particularly good in battle, I don't think leaving it unevolved would be the worst thing either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom