• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN071: Let's Go! Project Mew!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I'm new here. Just wanted to ask: are any of you thinking what I'm thinking?
Hey, welcome to the forums! :bulbaWave:

Yep, a new version of the OP seems likely since the current one has pretty much run its course. I wouldn't be surprised if this is where it happens. My guess is that it'll include Asahi and Tsurugi in the visuals since they seem like they're going to be here to stay for a while.
A new ED is way past due but I'm a little less sure of them changing it at this point. Fingers crossed, though, because I don't know much more shiritori I can take.

---------

Very very happy to see Gengar in the VA list, any screentime for Gengar is welcome in my book. :bulbaLove: And as suspected, this episode will be the one shown in the special trailer where Gary appears again. I'm looking forward to seeing the preview tomorrow, this episode seems like it's shaping up to be interesting.

That shot with Ninetales in the snowstorm looks amazing; excited for this episode next week.
And I smell a setup from those researchers team. They probably use Ash and Goh for their own scheme.

I like how action packed the preview is...but that doesn't mean the rest of the episode will be...<_<

And I smell a setup from those researchers team. They probably use Ash and Goh for their own scheme.

They DO give me Pokemon Hunter vibes...
(though they're no J)

Okay, put your tinfoil hats on, folks, we're going conspiracy-mode.
Project Mew is a Scheme by Team Rocket. There is no research team looking for Mew.
You see, when they created Mewtwo with Mew's DNA, the DNA was missing some genes, so they replaced them with Human genes. (Yes, we're going back to that theory) After Mewtwo was a... Well, not exactly a failure, but... Y'know. Uh, Team Rocket decides that instead of Human DNA, they're going to fill in Mew's missing genes with Pokemon genes that are missing, since Mew contains the DNA of all Pokemon. So they catch some Pokemon and use their DNA to fill in Mew's, but then they run into a problem: Legendary Pokemon. So, instead of doing all the work themselves and do all the calculations Gary mentioned in JN068 for every single
Legendary Pokemon, they decide to start the Project Mew scheme. Why obtain Legendary DNA yourself when you can get unsuspecting trainers to do all the work for you for free, thinking there's some kind of reward at the end? That's why Gary had to get that Moltres feather, because it contains Moltres DNA. And maybe that Urshifu guy is on a mission to get a Regice shard for the same reason?

Ok that's probably bullshit but it would probably be more interesting than whatever they're planning for the climax of this series.

I was going to ask if anyone knew where to find the preview, but you beat me to it.

Yeah, they seem somewhat dubious.
Wondering if that's just a facade....

Please get me that callback, I really need it.
Kyuukon looks good, but that's it.

Oh, so Regice is in this episode. I had some doubts when I didn't see him on the voice list, but then I realized his cries in the anime are the same as a malfunctioning robot and a terrifying one at that.

Watched the preview with subtitles. Apparently they're taking Ninetales "back to where it came from", so this might just be a temporary catch. And also explains why it's in Sinnoh.

That might be their intention, but you know that once Goh catches Ninetails, it's gonna choose to stay with him. The same thing happened with Suicune and Absol.

Watched the preview with subtitles. Apparently they're taking Ninetales "back to where it came from", so this might just be a temporary catch. And also explains why it's in Sinnoh.

So what if the Ninetales already belongs to the Project Mew people, but is just a test for Goh to see if he can deliver it back to wear it came from. Whats if it belongs to Tsuruki (Or whatever he is called).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom