• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN071: Let's Go! Project Mew!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
For pete's sake, Project Mew is Go's goal. We have over two years left until the series ends, so there was no reason to expect this to be a consecutive arc like Darkest Day. It's obvious that Go will only get a glimpse of Mew in this episode (or maybe the next one), but that won't conclude anything.

Speculation: Go and his rivals will keep running into Mew as they encounter other legendaries throughout the series.

The so-called 'Prelude' is a crammed mix of at least four plots that were worthy of their own full episodes.

I'm still baffled at people believing that Gou catches to understand Pokemon better....
How are those two things connected in the first place, if the series only has him saying that and never elaborating further.

I'm still baffled at people believing that Gou catches to understand Pokemon better....
How are those two things connected in the first place, if the series only has him saying that and never elaborating further.
How is it at all baffling when it’s been stated several times by Goh himself that that is the reason? I thought it was pretty clear by now that catching a Pokémon gives one more of an opportunity to study it, work with it, and learn more about it. Again, it should be done onscreen more, but we do get examples of this such as recently with his Flabebe.

Plus, Goh is far from the first person to state that catching a Pokémon helps one understand it better.

It's unbelievably irreal, since it's only told, and ends up being devoid of any meaning.
And he's still prone to misunderstand.
Regarding Flabebe, that was the first time he tried to follow his philosophy 'onscreen'.

I should've been clearer.

It's unbelievably irreal, since it's only told, and ends up being devoid of any meaning.
And he's still prone to misunderstand.
Regarding Flabebe, that was the first time he tried to follow his philosophy 'onscreen'.

I should've been clearer.
I’ve said that it should be shown more with Goh himself, but no: Flabebe isn’t the only example. There’s also Skwovet, Scyther, Wurmple, Dewgong, Pinsir, his 3 Galar starters, and more that he has at the very least been shown briefly learning more about after catching them.

Not to mention Goh is, again, far from the only person to demonstrate the validity of the claim that catching a Pokémon lets someone learn more about it.

I would believe if they did show it often.
Among those, I only consider Strike/Hassam and Kairios since they're recurring. And I despise his Jugon.
He had troubles with Rabifutto and Jimereon.

I won't dismiss what others think.
But, as for now, I'm still not convinced.

Better go back to the topic.

I was talking about Gou and his Pokemon, specifically.

Now I'm thinking more about what will the following episode be about.....
To know if this would be an Arc or not.

As I said: Goh himself has stated that the concept of learning more about Pokémon is what drives him to catch them. He himself has demonstrated this several times but as a whole the concept has been proven a ton.

I think this is the last episode that appeared in the preview, no? I mean we can’t know for sure, but I’d be pretty confident placing most of not all of the scenes in episodes that have already been announced.

How is it at all baffling when it’s been stated several times by Goh himself that that is the reason? I thought it was pretty clear by now that catching a Pokémon gives one more of an opportunity to study it, work with it, and learn more about it. Again, it should be done onscreen more, but we do get examples of this such as recently with his Flabebe.

Plus, Goh is far from the first person to state that catching a Pokémon helps one understand it better.
In all honesty, it gets hard to see it like that when you could achieve virtually the same result by interacting with it in it's natural habitat. If anything, Ash and all of his past companion did the same thing but better in their travels.

Yes, he was shown on screen interacting with his Pokémon, but when said Pokémon only appears in a singular episode (that is: if it's lucky enough to get one) and promptly disappear after it (Cubone, Aerodactyl, Swkoovet, etc.) or if they are even luckier to have an cameo afterwards (Raichu), it does gets hard to truly get invested imo, specially knowing that all of those others won't be getting anything.

And I don't know, I get that that's the reason the show gave to us, but I feel that's a bit weak. Not only because most of his Pokémon vanish or become background ornaments, but because as I said, they did pratically the same thing with Ash and his other friends for years and achieved better results in a more fun and engaging way.

In all honesty, it gets hard to see it like that when you could achieve virtually the same result by interacting with it in it's natural habitat. If anything, Ash and all of his past companion did the same thing but better in their travels.

Yes, he was shown on screen interacting with his Pokémon, but when said Pokémon only appears in a singular episode (that is: if it's lucky enough to get one) and promptly disappear after it (Cubone, Aerodactyl, Swkoovet, etc.) or if they are even luckier to have an cameo afterwards (Raichu), it does gets hard to truly get invested imo, specially knowing that all of those others won't be getting anything.

And I don't know, I get that that's the reason the show gave to us, but I feel that's a bit weak. Not only because most of his Pokémon vanish or become background ornaments, but because as I said, they did pratically the same thing with Ash and his other friends for years and achieved better results in a more fun and engaging way.
Goh just has his own way of doing it. Not all people do the same things the same way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom