• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN071: Let's Go! Project Mew!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then comes the chew out. Or not?

Will they attempt to battle Regice....
Despite being unprepared for that challenge.

If the situation gets very dangerous....
Escape, run for your life.

This irritates me Ngl

This was a perfect opportunity for Lillie to return with a fully evolved Snowy

But nah let's just waste Alolan Ninetales on Goh.

It really makes me wonder what was the point in Lillie holding on to that Ice Stone?

I guess Snowy is doomed to be like Rowlet

I don’t see why every Alolan Ninetales has to mean Lillie. There’s also nothing that says she can’t still appear later on.

Anyway, based on the title alone this episode is clearly not “just another Goh capture”. It has far more significance to the overall plot and his goal.

To be fair, some of us, like I, don't really care about his goal

Personally speaking, while I’m not a fan of the implementation of his goal, at very least, this mission gives reason behind the capture as opposed to ‘just randomly capture a Pokémon on sight because it exists’. If they can succeed in making his goal more interesting than they have and possibly give his captures more depth so we as they audience can actually care about them, then all the better.

Given how often Ash trips over legendary pokemon, I guess we shouldn't be surprised when Go starts doing the same

"Gonna get me a ninetales and oh look here's regice because we gotta remind people that Dynamax Adventures exists and good luck doing those with strangers on the internet who will go out of their way to screw you over by picking bad pokemon or attacking you."

Can they make his captures more interesting in this way? Yes, it's possible.

But can we say the same about the Pokemon after being caught?
Not really, if they get shafted to the Reserve. They'll lose characterization, if they even had any to begin with.

Personally, I don't care about props.

Then, why is it Alolan?
It was discovered in Alola.

This irritates me Ngl

It really makes me wonder what was the point in Lillie holding on to that Ice Stone?

Can there be only one Alolan Ninetales in the anime?

That being said, I wonder why Goh's first Project Mew mission is to get...an Alolan Vulpix...in Sinnoh. :confused:
Alolan Ninetales actually and yeah, that makes no sense seeing one in Sinnoh
Yes, an Alolan Ninetales sighting in Sinnoh is unusual. That's probably why Gou is being sent to investigate it as part of his Project Mew mission. It's an abnormal phenomenon, and studying them is what researchers do.

Of course, this is assuming that the Project Mew team were already aware that an Alolan Ninetales is present on Mt. Coronet to begin with. If they actually sent Gou to catch an Alolan Ninetales there without any prior context, then... yeah, I'll be confused too.

Then, why is it Alolan?

If more specimens can be found in other places, then the variant needs a renaming.
To be honest, this also exist in real life. Animals who are named after a location/country while they also live in other places/countries.

It could be the place they are most associated with or the first place they were discovered or inventoried.

This irritates me Ngl

As others have already said, Alolan Ninetales does not necessarily equal Lillie.

And besides, when Lillie hopefully does eventually return, she deserves more than just a cameo or a side role in someone else's episode.

I don’t see why every Alolan Ninetales has to mean Lillie. There’s also nothing that says she can’t still appear later on.

Anyway, based on the title alone this episode is clearly not “just another Goh capture”. It has far more significance to the overall plot and his goal.
As others have already said, Alolan Ninetales does not necessarily equal Lillie.

And besides, when Lillie hopefully does eventually return, she deserves more than just a cameo or a side role in someone else's episode.
It was discovered in Alola.

Can there be only one Alolan Ninetales in the anime?
Nowhere did I say Alolan Ninetales had to mean Lillie

All I said was that it could've been used an opportunity to show Lillie. As I would rather have had Alolan Ninetales debut in Journeys being through Snowy (Lillie does have an Ice Stone after all)

It's not that deep.

Do you think that we will be able to find the regional variant in the Sinnoh
remakes?

I would rename them, if that's the case...

Never expected Lillie, to be honest.

Do you think that we will be able to find the regional variant in the Sinnoh
remakes?

I would rename them, if that's the case...

Never expected Lillie, to be honest.
You know it’s not a huge thing right? A mango species is called Mangifera indica because it originated in India. We don’t rename it because it’s capable of growing in other places. It’s a pretty common trend in biology to name things where they’re discovered.

Yungoos isn’t native to Alola either but is available in Alola. Use a similar logic.

Summary and VA list courtesy of Adamant

Go is finally given his first mission by the project team. Together with Satoshi, he immediately heads off to search for an Alola Kyukon, but what he encounters is a Kyukon with a very overt wariness that can be interpreted as anger...

Summary:
One day Go recieves an email from "Project Mew" asking him to come to the laboratory at the foot of Mt. Tengan in the Sinnoh region. He immediately heads there together with Satoshi, and when he arrives he's finally given his first mission; Getting an Alola Kyukon in the glacial area north of Mt. Tengan. Will Go be able to complete this mission?!

Voice Cast:
Rica Matsumoto: Satoshi
Daiki Yamashita: Go
Ikue Ohtani: Pikachu
Megumi Hayashibara: Aceburn
Yuichi Nakamura: Professor Sakuragi
Shinichiro Miki: Hassam
Kenta Miyake: Kairyu
Risa Shimizu: Muma
Yasuhiro Mamiya: Gangar
Hana Takeda: Sarunori
Yuko Kobayashi: Shigeru