• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review JN071: Let's Go! Project Mew!!

As someone who absolutely loves the Regis, seeing that Regice was basically only here to get thrashed by an Urshifu and nothing more makes me deeply sad. This is the first time we've seen it since DP and this is how it's treated?? Such disrespect. :cry:

Ninetales using Aurora Veil (and I believe Dazzling Gleam?) was pretty to look at; this episode had some nice atmosphere going for it. I only understood about half of the dialogue overall so I'll have to report back later to comment on any of that. Gary acting like he forgot Gou's name did make me LOL though.

Well if nothing else we at least got this wholesome image out of the episode
IMG_20210618_073401.png

I knew that Satoshi wouldn't do anything besides trying to offer unneeded support to Gou.

Why don't leave him behind?
That could have saved the staff time and the hassle of having to animate him.

I'm going to pretend that he wasn't there.

Well that kind of annoyed me, but only for one reason, and surprise, it’s related to Ash. Aside from Tsurugi, there were many elements that felt they were there…just to fill voids.

Regice’s appearance was just not needed. Instead, show the poachers trying to reclaim Ninetails, and let Urishifu man-handle four of them, not a one-hit show that doesn’t even knock Regice down. Maybe Ash could have been shown protecting Goh and Ninetails from the efforts of the poachers, so he was actually shown doing something?

Ninetails capture was fine. It’s just the typical run of the mill style capture the anime is used to, so no complaints. At least this episode showed how weak Goh is in terms of battling.

I swear Goh asked Ash what type is Fairy weak against, and Ash responded Steel, hence Goh’s continuation with Scizor.

This episode was fine, but Ash’s use really annoyed me. I get it, it’s a Goh episode, but quite frankly, that excuse is just poor. There’s no balance. Even if it was a small scene where Lucario used Aura Sphere, and Regice was hit, and countered with Zap Cannon, that would have been fine.

Regice’s appearance was just not needed. Instead, show the poachers trying to reclaim Ninetails, and let Urishifu man-handle four of them, not a one-hit show that doesn’t even knock Regice down. Maybe Ash could have been shown protecting Goh and Ninetails from the efforts of the poachers, so he was actually shown doing something?
I think there was actually some weight to it, given how Tsurugi and the Professor talked about it afterwards, but I need subtitles to know exactly what they said.

I think there was actually some weight to it, given how Tsurugi and the Professor talked about it afterwards, but I need subtitles to know exactly what they said.
Tsuguri said something like “I was hoping you were here” before Ash approached Regice, and that’s probably gonna lead towards Regieleki and Regidrago episodes when he needs to catch Regice for the temples. But they really couldn’t have just, I dunno, shown it resting in the ice as a small tease, instead of making Regice look weak?

Tsuguri said something like “I was hoping you were here” before Ash approached Regice, and that’s probably gonna lead towards Regieleki and Regidrago episodes when he needs to catch Regice for the temples. But they really couldn’t have just, I dunno, shown it resting in the ice as a small tease, instead of making Regice look weak?
Urshifu is a Legendary too. I'd hardly call it a weak Pokémon.

I knew that this would end up being the case......
When Gou decided to apply for Project Mew, Satoshi didn't second this by saying that he'll join.
Instead he uses an interesting word:
Ore mo zenryoku de ouensuru ze.​
I'll root for you with all my forces too.​

Since we got some DP continuity, in the Arc we'll get.......
View attachment 145464
Furee! Furee! Gou, Ganbare!
And he did repeat what he said at that moment in this episode.

He got trashed quickly by Regice, what a downgrade.....
Even against Jindai's, the wrecking wasn't that badly.
I really wanted a callback to that moment.......

I swear Goh asked Ash what type is Fairy weak against, and Ash responded Steel, hence Goh’s continuation with Scizor.
Yes, the boys were aware that a Steel-type Pokemon was the best option against the Ice/Fairy Alolan Ninetales.

Unfortunately, they didn't account for the fact that Ice Beam has an 80% chance of freezing in the anime. Rookie mistake.

Pff I dont know what to think about Project Mew. That Guy turned 180 degrees in one episode, same with the girl. Regice was wasted same with Urshifu, what a shame. 5/10

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom