• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN072: Shuffle Panic in the Underground Labyrinth!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last time I checked it’s been marketed as a series travelling across all regions. It’s fair to say that featuring the "home" location excessively in a series about world travel is justified.
I never said anything to the contrary? All I said was being based in Kanto means you should expect a lot of Kanto. It’s the easiest and most accessible region to them.

I never said anything to the contrary? All I said was being based in Kanto means you should expect a lot of Kanto. It’s the easiest and most accessible region to them.
Well the series being marketed as a world travel series should mean less Kanto and more travelling: something notably reduced in a series whose entire point is travel.

Well the series being marketed as a world travel series should mean less Kanto and more travelling: something notably reduced in a series whose entire point is travel.
I wouldn’t call it notably reduced. It definitely happens often enough to fulfill what the series advertises. I don’t disagree that Kanto is over represented, though. But I’m not surprised either given the context.
At any rate, this episode takes place in Unova which I’m excited to see again. As I recall aren’t there two caves right off of Driftveil? One to the north and another to the south? I’m wondering which one will be featured as iirc one of them has a connection to Regirock.

At any rate, this episode takes place in Unova which I’m excited to see again. As I recall aren’t there two caves right off of Driftveil? One to the north and another to the south? I’m wondering which one will be featured as iirc one of them has a connection to Regirock.
I think it'll be Clay Tunnel, which is located within Driftveil City. Mistralton Cave is located further away on the following route. And yes, it is connected to underground ruins where it's possible to find the original Regi trio.

I think it'll be Clay Tunnel, which is located within Driftveil City. Mistralton Cave is located further away on the following route. And yes, it is connected to underground ruins where it's possible to find the original Regi trio.
I looked it up; I was actually referring to the Relic Passage which is right off of the harbor. But yes, I think Clay Tunnel is more likely.

The Driftveil tunnels lead to the Volcarona shrine, no? I really hope it finally gets its time in the spotlight after that pathetic display back in BW.

There must be a call-back to his meeting with Clay (probably in the top three worst gym-leaders in the anime).
Just curious, but why do you think that? I found the battle with him quite decent.

The Driftveil tunnels lead to the Volcarona shrine, no? I really hope it finally gets its time in the spotlight after that pathetic display back in BW.
The Relic Passage in the South leads to Volcarona and the Desert Resort. The Clay Tunnel in the North leads to a Regirock shrine.

Just curious, but why do you think that? I found the battle with him quite decent.
Oh, there wasn’t anything wrong with the battle, but Clay himself wasn’t exactly a great role-model; “A young whipper-snapper like you shouldn’t rely on tactics, but just attack, attack, attack!”, or something along those lines. That’s what I mean by Clay being a bad gym-leader, his advice was pretty bad. The fight was alright.

Clay Tunnel is a post-game exclusive area, which not only connects to the aforementioned Underground Ruins, but also to Mistralton Cave and Twist Mountain.
Yeah I know, that’s the point I’m at.

Oh, there wasn’t anything wrong with the battle, but Clay himself wasn’t exactly a great role-model; “A young whipper-snapper like you shouldn’t rely on tactics, but just attack, attack, attack!”, or something along those lines. That’s what I mean by Clay being a bad gym-leader, his advice was pretty bad. The fight was alright.
Yeah, that’s... less than stellar mentoring, to say the least.

Maybe they got after Regice in PM71, then Regirock in here? :unsure:

The other option is this being just your regular filler.
I don't use that term as derisive, because the Errand one was good.

Then that will mean that Project Mew is not an Arc.....
But a bunch of episodes scattered across the series instead.

Since I've enjoyed the latest episodes, they're on a streak.
No, the Morpeko one won't break it. I'm sure.

I don't mind if there's no Arc, this episode looks promising.

The other option is this being just your regular filler.
I don't use that term as derisive, because the Errand one was good.

Then that will mean that Project Mew is not an Arc.....
But a bunch of episodes scattered across the series instead.
I don't mind if there's no Arc, this episode looks promising.
Episodes do not have to be consecutive for it to be an arc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom