• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN074: Darkrai - A Midsummer Night's Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully Go catches the female member of the Lunar Duo as it feels like a natural next addition as a capture and progress for him to team up with it save someone from a nightmare.
Hopefully Goh doesn't catch Cresselia or Darkrai. Sorry but we don't need another legendary capture by Goh anytime soon.

You guys wanna know something funny?

Despite Darkrai literally having the word DARK in its name

I STILL used to believe it was a Ghost Type for some reason when I was a kid! XD

(I still think it should've been Dark/Ghost tho idk why)

Agreed, though him needing something like a lunar wing for a Project Mew trial would be nice.
Unless he ends up buying one, like Hikari did.

I STILL used to believe it was a Ghost Type for some reason when I was a kid! XD

Well. It actually looks like a Ghost.....
That'd make more sense, I think that too.

They probably didn't make Darkrai a Dark/Ghost because that type combo didn't have any weaknesses back then, so it would have been insanely broken even by Legendary/Mythical standards, especially when you remember how spammable Dark Void used to be. Otherwise I do agree that Darkrai being either pure Ghost-type or Dark/Ghost makes more sense than it being pure Dark.

That said, it does remind me... Cresselia should have been made part-Fairy back in Gen 6. That way her dynamic with Darkrai would be evened out, since as things currently are Darkrai absolutely decimates Cresselia despite Cresselia being able to end Darkrai's nightmares according to the lore.

Anyway, I'm glad that the Lunar Duo is back in the spotlight, since it's been a good while since we last saw them. Cresselia especially needed this: Darkrai did at least star in its own movie and was the main Pokemon of You-Know-Whic-League-Kicker. Cresselia meanwhile only had one episode to her name in all of DP.

Funny thing is Darkrai's name is made up of both the English and Japanese words for dark. So it has the word dark in it's name twice. It's DarkDark.

Hopefully Goh doesn't catch Cresselia or Darkrai. Sorry but we don't need another legendary capture by Goh anytime soon.
His goal is to capture all Pokémon and the writers meant it, he's going to have to keep going after all Pokémon whether that being first stage, shiny, weak, strong and, yes, even legendary.

Him getting one member of the Lunar Duo, specifically Cresselia who wouldn't mind tending over the dreams of the Pokémon of Sakuragi Park would work just fine.

His goal is to capture all Pokémon and the writers meant it, he's going to have to keep going after all Pokémon whether that being first stage, shiny, weak, strong and, yes, even legendary.

Him getting one member of the Lunar Duo, specifically Cresselia who wouldn't mind tending over the dreams of the Pokémon of Sakuragi Park would work just fine.
Is there a reason why almost no trainer can catch Cresselia in the anime but suddenly Go could? If catchinrg it it as easy as you make it out to be, what is special in Go that allows him to catch it and why doesn’t everyone already have one?

Is someone going to have their head turn into that of a Mudbray's? My money is on James. :p

Is there a reason why almost no trainer can catch Cresselia in the anime but suddenly Go could? If catchinrg it it as easy as you make it out to be, what is special in Go that allows him to catch it and why doesn’t everyone already have one?

No one deserves anything over the next person because capturing Pokémon of any stage or species is anything anyone can do and there’s no arbitrary value attached to the concept of being allowed to catch a ‘mon.

No one deserves anything over the next person because capturing Pokémon of any stage or species is anything anyone can do and there’s no arbitrary value attached to the concept of being allowed to catch a ‘mon.
Oh yes, because we all know a powerful god of time can be captured by a novice trainer who just tosses basic Pokeballs at everything. Legendary Pokemon are described as being powerful, rare and hard to capture. Anime logic is different than game logic, and even if we follow game logic, legendaries are normally captured late into the player's journey, when they are a more experienced trainer.
Goh can still be considered a novice with a whole lot of dumb luck. He is still far from being ready for another legendary. Especially a legendary that does have importants to the world.

Then why do trainers willingly restrict themselves to lesser powered Pokémon and why doesn’t everyone have their own personal legendary bird? And if you’re saying it’s so easy, why couldn’t Go catch Zapdos? Why did Ash fail to catch a pidgey of all things?

Quite interesting titles indeed. They sound quite poethic, and also they sound like they could actually be the same story but told from different perspectives. Also, I can't imagine the gargantuan effort for them to actually come out around mid summer with all these hiatuses.

I'm also glad that they choose this duo out of the other Sinnoh legendaries, and like others I look forward to Cresselia being stronger.

It's gonna be so funny to hear Dawn and Matori in the dub together since it'll essentially be Emily Bauer vs Emily Bauer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom