• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN074: Darkrai - A Midsummer Night's Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Three things.
1. These look like they're going to be Chole focused episodes so Goh won't catch any legendaries :)
2. I just love how the two team rocket Pokemon shown are Skuntank and Toxicroak. Great reference to the team Galactic admins. And I just laughed wheh Toxicroak ducked under Cinderace's attack.
3. Holey crap! Dawn is back! Yippee!

From Dephendor:

A "special summer arc" of the "Pocket Monsters" anime TV series ("Anipoke" for short, airs on the TV Tokyo Network every Friday at 6:55pm) is going to air on July 23rd and 30th. Hikari and her partner Pokémon Pochama from "Pocket Monsters Diamond & Pearl" are going to appear for the first time in about 9 years.

In addition, key visuals focusing on Hikari and Pochama, as well as a promo video teasing a story centering on the Mythical Pokémon Darkrai and the Legendary Pokémon Cresselia, have been revealed. This story will involve Satoshi and Go learning that the inhabitants of a town in the Sinnoh region are being plagued by nightmares to the point they can't sleep, which leads to them suspecting Darkrai, a Pokémon with the ability to give others nightmares, as they head to the town to research the matter.

In the meantime, Koharu decides to take her partner Eievui with her and travel to the Sinnoh region by herself after the Sakuragi family's vacation there got canceled. Koharu and Eievui are really excited to be traveling alone for the first time ever as they head to Hakutai City, where a Pokémon Contest is going to be held. And on the way, they encounter Satoshi's former travelmates Hikari and Pochama.

In the promo video, we see a Darkrai on the night of a new moon seemingly being enticed by something or other, as well as a wounded Cresselia lying in a forest... It's time for Satoshi and Go's, as well as Hikari and Koharu's, adventures relating to these two Pokémon to begin.

Hikari's voice actress Megumi Toyoguchi is delighted over this return appearance, telling us that "We've already seen Iris and Shigeru, and this time it's Hikari and Pochama from "Pocket Monsters Diamond & Pearl"'s turn to appear in the "Pocket Monsters" anime! I was really nervous about whether or not I'd still be able to do Hikari's voice since it's 9 years since last time, but I had so much fun and felt so comfortable playing off my partner Pochama that I had a great time during the actual recording session."

"This is the first time those of you who started watching the anime with this series will encounter her, but I hope you'll like Hikari; She's as bright and cheerful as the sun and really loves Pokémon", she continued. "Her partner Pokémon Pochama is amazingly cute as well, so make sure to look forward to learning what this special summer arc is all about!"
So we ARE getting a Contest too! Bonus! :D
(though it'll probably be short)

You know, I wonder if we're gonna get some big revalation like Dawn became Top Coordinator. I mean, its plausible. When Iris returned, she revealed she became the Unova Champion, so its not too farfetch'd to think Dawn became Top Coordinator off screen. If only the writers could actually reference that Ash became the Alolan Champion :/ I wanna see that interaction between Ash and Dawn!

You know, I wonder if we're gonna get some big revalation like Dawn became Top Coordinator. I mean, its plausible. When Iris returned, she revealed she became the Unova Champion, so its not too farfetch'd to think Dawn became Top Coordinator off screen. If only the writers could actually reference that Ash became the Alolan Champion :/ I wanna see that interaction between Ash and Dawn!
The difference is, becoming Champion wasn't Iris's goal, while becoming Top Coordinator is Dawn's goal.

I don't wanna start something, but...

The way Dawn is gonna squish Goh by showing who's the actual good dual protagonist>>>>>
I wonder if Goh would get jealous over Ash and Dawn's friendship and vastly superior dual protagonist standing. He actually seemed to when it came to Ash and Gary, though part of me doesn't think they're gonna go in that direction since it seems Dawn and Chloe will be the focus here.

I wonder if Goh would get jealous over Ash and Dawn's friendship and vastly superior dual protagonist standing. He actually seemed to when it came to Ash and Gary, though part of me doesn't think they're gonna go in that direction since it seems Dawn and Chloe will be the focus here.
Of course not. Goh only gets jealous of male companions.

Last edited:
For sure thought they'd hold Dawn Hostage for a Brilliant Diamond/Shining Pearl promotion episode but I guess not! Maybe If what I saw was right, I guess maybe she'll preview the new contest costume design for the upcoming game then? I wonder if Koharu will end up taking the contest route with Eevee (and hopefully Galarian Ponyta) after spending time with Dawn. Makes me giddy how we'll see the female characters interact and see Koharu learn more about different ways of being a trainer and (maybe) battling.

I hope Cresselia has more priority than Darkrai considering he got a whole ass movie to himself, pretty much overshadowing both Dialga and Palkia from what I remember.

Aah! Welcome back, Dawn! :bulbaLove: Can't wait to see her interactions with Ash and her adventure with Chloe.

Also, as much as I love Pikachu, I hope Ash uses another Pokémon at some point in this two-part arc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom