• Bubapedia Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Our technical staff are continuing to monitor the wiki to try and resolve these ongoing issues that are impacting page and image loading. We apologize for the inconvenience. We'll update as soon as we've got more information on this for you.

• Check out our new Mysterious Garden forum style if you haven't already - we're sure you'll love it!
  • All members are allowed to express their opinions, no matter how unpopular, so long as they respect others and do not claim their opinion is the only valid opinion. While we understand that there is debate regarding Goh, someone posting an opinion you disagree with does not give you the right to attack them or report the content for trolling/baiting. This notice will serve as a 0-point warning and as such, Anime & Manga staff reserve the right to jump immediately to point warnings. For more information regarding our stance on arguments and debates, see this PSA.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Preview JN076: Full Power! Alola Deserted Island Race!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

duringpampers

Reaction score
Episode Title in Japanese: ゼンリョク!アローラ無人島レース!!
Air Date: August 13, 2021
ゼンリョク!アローラ無人島レース!!.png

Last edited:

JinksChow

Reaction score
We have so many game places from the Alola region that we have not seen yet due to the nature of the SM anime, and the writers decide to instead make an anime-original deserted island when we finally return to Alola? Sigh...

Also, you know a region in the anime which is full of uninhabited islands and we haven't seen in over 2 decades? The Orange Archipelago! That way, the writers can even avoid the giant Donphan in the room that is the Alola gang! But no, the writers have to avoid the Orange Archipelago like the plague...

A Wild Luxray

Hear me roar!
Reaction score
We have so many game places from the Alola region that we have not seen yet due to the nature of the SM anime, and the writers decide to instead make an anime-original deserted island when we finally return to Alola? Sigh...
I'm actually surprised they're making an anime exclusive location since its seemed as if they avoided that in SM without creating any anime exclusive towns and keeping it as close to the games as possible, unlike in the past.

SammyW27

NOBODY EXPECTS A PALDEAN INQUISTION!
Reaction score
Well...it IS a race, so that means there will be other characters.

I'd even take Sophocles vs. Horatio round 4.

...though watch it be a bunch of functionary, personality-free OCs -_-

cricketlaxwolvesbandy

8/18: Never forget what they took away from us
Reaction score
Uninhabited Island… Wish I could curb my cynicism but this sounds like a prime excuse to avoid the Alola family… :censored:
We already saw them

I don’t like that we’re going back to Alola because it reminds me of... that (the SM anime)

nickdt

Reaction score
Please, Mantyke evolution for Goh and not him getting a random Mantine. I can also see Lana being involved here. Maybe the event is hosted by Samson Oak.

FinnishPokéFan92

Huggable Electric Rodent
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
It seems there will be a one-week break after the Sinnoh episodes. Probably caused by the Olympics.

BigDocFan

The Arcanine of Legend!
Reaction score
Alola great as it means a non Kanto episode

Uninhabited Island Race, hoping that means more Pokemon than human race

Plumeria

misses Alola
Reaction score
Happy for finally some Alola love, a bit disappointed it's not a proper location. Like would they ever visit cool places like KoniKoni City that weren't shown in the SM series?

(Maybe this is Exeggutor Island.)

XavierAnime

Reaction score
On the plus side, this will the sixth episode in a row where the action takes place outside of Kanto. And we need as much time out of Vermillion City as we can get.
I said: "I hope that Dawn and Piplup is no longer in episode 76, it will change other new posters with Ash's oldest friends in August".

You answer to me.

RetroPokeFan

Reaction score
Uninhabited Island… Wish I could curb my cynicism but this sounds like a prime excuse to avoid the Alola family… :censored:
I'm sure we could have one of them appear but like someone else said it's probably just gonna be a bunch of one off characters to fill in the ranks.

Nicolas721

Reaction score
Many Alola locations were done dirty in SM, and Journeys' best idea is to give us either a new location or the overrated (by the writers) Treasure Island?

But yeah, taking into account that this comes out after a high budget two-parter at least sounds fun, engaging and it's not about Kanto.

BigDocFan

The Arcanine of Legend!
Reaction score
I wonder what Pokemon Goh will catch in this episode, would love to see Chloe visit Alola as well

Reborn Talonflame

Reaction score
If they made a new island for Alola, that kind of changes the entire dynamic of the region, as that would imply there would need to be a fifth deity to guard the island? Can anyone tell me if that’s how it works? I can’t imagine changing the lore that much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom