• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN076: Full Power! Alola Deserted Island Race!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it doesn't involve Go riding on Stantler or Absol, I'll probably skip this one. I'm surprised that it doesn't seem to be a surfing race.

The less we see of Melemele, the better.

If they made a new island for Alola, that kind of changes the entire dynamic of the region, as that would imply there would need to be a fifth deity to guard the island? Can anyone tell me if that’s how it works? I can’t imagine changing the lore that much.
You are aware there are multiple small islands like Exeggutor Island and the Poke Pelago visible on the Alola map, right. An extra island doesn't mean anything.

You are aware there are multiple small islands like Exeggutor Island and the Poke Pelago visible on the Alola map, right. An extra island doesn't mean anything.
Forgot those even existed. Alola was my least favourite game to play out of all the generations (it wasn’t bad, just not as fun as the others, so I only ever played it like twice - never even touched Ultra versions).
When someone says island, my brain often forgets anything can be an island, no matter the size.

Also, that comment sounded very condescending…Ouchie.

Last edited:
I almost cheered when I read the episode title and then I saw @ii kanji bringing attention to the "uninhabited" part... I tried to be excited, but never has a single word ruined my entire outlook on an episode before. I know people are tired of negative remarks about this series but... why, WHY would you take the region that’s famous for its people, the cast, the characters, and make the core of its revisit a barren island?

I sincerely hope the Alola cast is here because not bringing them makes no sense. I’ll gladly take my words back if they arrive... But if they do an Alola episode like this without them? I honestly don’t know how my reaction would be.

As much as it'd be nice to see the Alola gang again, I feel it'd be unfair to have them show up every Alola ep. Especially since SM only just ended.

Tbh, all of them don't need to show up. Especially since its likely Sophocles is in Mossdeep and Kiawe and Mallow might not find the time for a race, since i feel like only Lana would be up for it, especially if it involves water.

@AshAndSerena translated the title on Twitter and it says “Desert Island Race”, not uninhabited. I’d imagine this is taking place on Ula’ula, nearby Tapu Bulu’s in-game shrine.
It's a Desert Island in the sense of "deserted" (i.e uninhabited) not in reference to the climate. I checked the JPN myself just to be sure.

It's a Desert Island in the sense of "deserted" (i.e uninhabited) not in reference to the climate. I checked the JPN myself just to be sure.
Then that’s weird phrasing. Why wouldn’t have they just said “Deserted”? I clearly don’t speak fluent Japanese, but are the phrases for desert and deserted close in translation that make it unclear?

Then that’s weird phrasing. Why wouldn’t have they just said “Deserted”? I clearly don’t speak fluent Japanese, but are the phrases for desert and deserted close in translation that make it unclear?
You misunderstand. The English phrase "Desert Island" comes from the adjective "deserted", it's not a translation issue (the Japanese word "無人島" literally just means "Uninhabited Island" ) just that the English phrase being used has an archaic meaning that can confuse people.

You misunderstand. The English phrase "Desert Island" comes from the adjective "deserted", it's not a translation issue (the Japanese word "無人島" literally just means "Uninhabited Island" ) just that the English phrase being used has an archaic meaning that can confuse people.
Okay. I’ll take down the post with the translation then, as that’s clearly false, hahah.

It is intriguing that they dropped the fact that they're going to an uninhabited island.

But what does mean the race part?

For me, I don't want to see the bland Alolan companions again.

Last edited:
The other protags?
If other protags got to appear at least once, it would be fine imo. Its clear that they intend on giving other protags a chance to return, considering we've had the Alola crew, Iris, and Dawn all return. So if they can give the others a chance to appear, it would be fine to see the Alola crew again.

The reason we’ve gotten close to no Alola episodes probably is because they know fans expect the whole gang, so I’m okay with them not showing up if it means we get to see the region again. Of any old characters we’ve seen already in JN, I think they have the best chance of returning at some point later on anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom