• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN076: Full Power! Alola Deserted Island Race!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't have a problem with the classmates not appearing again. Transportation in Alola may be easy but it's still not that small of a region and their absence can be explained that they were working on their dreams or something, remember that in lots of SM episodes one or more were absent without a reason.

However, since this is 99% sure where the Mimikyu from the magazine appears, it would be a missed opportunity to not seeing it participate with Bewear (through it may also be a bit OP).

The other protags?
To be fair in a lot of those cases we have to consider the circumstances

-May's VA has retired

-Tracey's VA is too expensive now

-Max isn't anywhere near well regarded enough to bring back

-Brock and Misty literally JUST returned in SunMoon and tbh I think the Writers are going to save them for the Anime's 25th Anniversary next year

-And Serena.... Well the situation regarding Serena is a whole nother can of worms that I'm not sure if the writers are willing to open back up considering where she left off....

Only really Cilan, Bonnie, and Clemont wouldn't be that hard to bring back atm.

And with the Alola Gang, it became plenty obvious once we saw that Lillie and Gladion were still on the search for Mohn that ep 37 definitely wasn't going to be the last time we would be seeing them

Last edited:
The other protags?
Well, Alola is a special case due to its size, and having the largest amount of protags. But I don’t think the staff cares about "fairness" anyways because Dawn would be making her second return, Misty and Brock were the only ones to return twice in Alola and poor Serena didn’t even get an appearance outside her series. Lillie and Gladion haven’t appeared either.

Well, Alola is a special case due to its size, and having the largest amount of protags. But I don’t think the staff cares about "fairness" anyways because Dawn would be making her second return, Misty and Brock were the only ones to return twice in Alola and poor Serena didn’t even get an appearance outside her series. Lillie and Gladion haven’t appeared either.
Clemont and Bonnie though but at least they got a special

Uninhabited Island… Wish I could curb my cynicism but this sounds like a prime excuse to avoid the Alola family… :censored:
Annnnd this is why my fav description of JN is:

''A series that wants to profit off nostalgia as much as possible but it's utterly terrified of it's own source material and of actually doing something with it."

Gosh, I sure hope they appear instead of a bunch of soulless one-off ocs.

tbh, while it would be nice, i don't want to see every gen 7 companion/classmate at the same time, since that basically sets a precedent for them only appearing in the Alola region. They can easily exclude Sophocles, Mallow and Kiawe/Lana for example. They can just say: Lana is visting a Water type trainer in Kanto and do an episode with both Lana and Misty, while they can do a Mossdeep research center episode with Sophocles. And maybe they can have Mallow appear in Kalos or Galar, due to both regions being food related as well, especially Galar with the Curry stuff and they can say Kiawe is training to become an Island Kahuna, cuz Kukui has set-up the Elite 4 in Alola and has invited Olivia to take part in it, alongside Molayne (Or maybe he sets it up together with Molayne) and then do something different with the characters, like maybe only do Molaynbe and Olivia from the games and also invite Guzma, who has changed his ways as an E4 member. Maybe they can include Hala as well and have Hop/Ilima as the Kahuna (Preferably Illima, cuz he has experience fighting in the Kalos League in the anime), and alternatively, you can keep Hala as the Kahuna and have Ilima as the E4 member, but i prefer Hala).

And honestly, this is what they should have done in the Ultra games, make Kiawe a Kahuna in the Ultra games in the post-game instead of Olivia and make Hau replace Kiawe as the trial captain

Last edited:

You not reading from yesterday on Monday?
I hope that Dawn and Piplup is no longer in episode 76, it will change other new posters with Ash's oldest friends in August.

You answer to me. You tell me.

I'm curious to see if Team Rocket will feature in this episode as Alola was as much a home for them as it was for Ash

Maybe reunite with all their old friends
Arceus knows they have to miss Mama Bear saving them from being blasted.

And if she shows up and they try to use the Gathcet, I want her to destroy it! (or at least toss to another continent)

Arceus knows they have to miss Mama Bear saving them from being blasted.

And if she shows up and they try to use the Gathcet, I want her to destroy it! (or at least toss to another continent)
I may be in the minority here, but I don't really like Bewear and do like the Rocket Prize Master, and I don't like people hoping for the machine to be broken. It'll likely stay until the end of Journeys, anyway.

I may be in the minority here, but I don't really like Bewear and do like the Rocket Prize Master, and I don't like people hoping for the machine to be broken. It'll likely stay until the end of Journeys, anyway.
I like the Prize Master as we barely get an idea what Pokemon they'll use, whereas previous series were way too predictable

I think some of you really haven't considered just how difficult it is to actually get all the voice actors to come back each and every time our heroes make the trip to Alola. Take a look at this thread I posted on Twitter a few months back:

I never realized that, its good that some actors have stayed on like Kei Shindo and Risa Shimisu

Its nice to see new talent on the show

I think some of you really haven't considered just how difficult it is to actually get all the voice actors to come back each and every time our heroes make the trip to Alola. Take a look at this thread I posted on Twitter a few months back:

I do agree with the overall sentiment for that post,
"in the end, you're able to get everyone onboard except (and I'm just picking a name at random here) Kaki's voice actor. What do you do?"

But this situation actually ended up happening with Lillie, they just didn’t show her. For a racing episode we could see Sophocles without the rest of the companions or something like that.
At least Bewear has a personality, unlike the Price Master which has destroyed all personality and development for TR.

At least Bewear has a personality, unlike the Price Master which has destroyed all personality and development for TR.
It gives them more variety of Pokémon, which is basically the theme of this series. Bewear, meanwhile, was mainly just a hinderence to them, literally forcing its overprotective habits onto them and being OP way beyond what my suspension of disbelief could handle.

It gives them more variety of Pokémon, which is basically the theme of this series. Bewear, meanwhile, was mainly just a hinderence to them, literally forcing its overprotective habits onto them and being OP way beyond what my suspension of disbelief could handle.
Bewear was literally meant to be a running gag tho. The fact that she would come and get them in ways that just weren't possible, in a way that looked like it came right out of Looney-Tunes, and the sheer absurdity of it all was a dead giveaway. And she deeply cared about them.

And while, yes, in JN the TRio doesn't just spams two moves with the same Pokémon in every fight, which is technically the Gacha's only good side, the machine pretty much denies them any Pokémon to take care of and actively breaks one of the most enjoyable parts of the TRio: their relationship with their Pokémon. Honestly, I'm still surprised that James actually caught that Morpeko. But there's the fact that it was caught too late into the series and nearly everybody detests that pest, so that's not that big of consolation prize.

So yeah, I don't blame people from actively hating the Gacha and wanting it destroyed.

It’s pretty weird that you brought up hinderance since the TRio were at their literal best when it comes to health and wellness in Alola; and were at their worst at points of JN. At least Bewear didn’t inflict them with literal starvation.

Also the TRio are stripped of a fundamental aspect of their character- however “evil” they may be, they care about their Pokémon. There are already characters giving us quantity of Pokémon so I’d rather the series give us quality with at least one character. They’ve failed with Ash and TRio in that respect.

I agree with you. I can imagine that there will be issues to overcome in order to have the voice actors return. Heck, some might even have retired at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom