• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review JN076: Full Power! Alola Deserted Island Race!!

It's the point of the race. Both team members work together to make the catches.

So Ash catching it would have made no difference whatsoever. If he would have caught it, they would also win. But no.. Selfish Goh strikes again and this is what annoys me the most about the way Goh is written. Others do the effort, but he catches them, leaving the viewers with a sour taste that he doesn't deserve it (Just like with Golurk). Now, if Goh would have aided Pikachu with one of his mons, it would have been less of a problem for me that he caught it.

So Ash catching it would have made no difference whatsoever. If he would have caught it, they would also win. But no.. Selfish Goh strikes again and this is what annoys me the most about the way Goh is written. Others do the effort, but he catches them.
Goh was the one who signed up, so he's the team leader. He does the catching. It was not Ash's role in the team. Either that or he was just fine with Goh doing it. Goh wasn't being selfish.

Goh was the one who signed up, so he's the team leader. He does the catching. It was not Ash's role in the team. Either that or he was just fine with Goh doing it. Goh wasn't being selfish.

Except he was, since Ash put the effort in to catch it, so he deserved the capture. Now, if he would have said to Goh go ahead, then its a different matter, but he didn't.

Yup, happened what I feared.

Those Cotds were awful and irksome.
They're the worst I've seen for a very long time.

Those cretins, so little of the TRio, despite being heavily promoted, and Gou's selfishness hurt the episode.
Again: team effort. It was the whole point of the race to work on the catches together.
Team effort means that both contribute, Satoshi did everything and Gou got the reward without lifting a finger before throwing.

'Satoshi pounds the mochi, Gou sits down and eats the whole batch'

Yup, happened what I feared.

Those Cotds were awful and irksome.
They're the worst I've seen for a very long time.

Those cretins, so little of the TRio, despite being heavily promoted, and Gou's selfishness hurt the episode.

Team effort means that both contribute, Satoshi did everything and Gou got the reward without lifting a finger before throwing.

'Satoshi pounds the mochi, Gou sits down and eats the whole batch'
Goh is basically a hypocrite, says that people should obtain their goals on their own yet has no qualms about Ash helping him, but not the other way around.

I mean, what effort did he put in other than throwing the Pokeball here?
Have the necessary Pokémon to traverse the mountain an used Toxic on Bruxish, to name some things.

Have the necessary Pokémon to traverse the mountain an used Toxic on Bruxish, to name some things.

Have the necessary Pokemon to traverse the mountain. Lucario was right there and as such could have done the same thing. Considering we have seen Ash traversing mountains without the need of a Pokemon also shows Boldore wasn't needed there.

Oh wow. Using Toxic, a non-damaging move.

Gou has no physical condition, stamina, that's why he needs to be carried around before he gets exhausted. How sissy.

Last edited:
Gou has no physical condition, stamina, that's why he needs to be carried around before he gets exhausted. How sissy.

Goh is basically a hypocrite, says that people should obtain their goals on their own yet has no qualms about Ash helping him, but not the other way around.

Yeah as Journey's went on, I feel like their relationship is kinda one-sided, with Ash putting his goals and development on pause and to be Goh's chauffeur.

Ash uses Lucario and Pikachu to locate and fight Bruxish
Goh: Don't mind me, just gonna throw a pokeball and catch it, despite me not deserving it, cuz i didn't put effort in to do so, unlike Ash.
Didn't Goh's Pyukumuku did most work in the battle itself? It made the first move by punching it (weakening it), and afterwards by poisening it (status). In between Pikachu indeed used electroweb, but it seemed like the Bruxish didn't realy had trouble with the attack (anime rules).

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom