• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review JN078: The Targeted Sakuragi Institute!

One post in Japanese read that they wanted to stab him.

But things are worse in the site where I watch the episodes.

I don't know why I got surprised, viewers are volatile there.

It's also pretty funny because it's canonical since what? Johto? (?) that Ash's Pokémon that are stored in Oak's lab do train with each other and with other mons that don't even belong to Ash. I personally don't think it would be optimal, but it's bizarre that there's so many Ash mons who battle their butts off there and they don't get even a measly new move, while a Goh mon gets evolution for not doing even the bare minimun.
They do get new moves. Watch the Sinnoh League again and even Charizard's BW return... There simply hasn't been anything like that ever since, except for Infernape's short battle alongside two other Pokemon.

To be fair, as stupid as this "notice me senpai" approach is, it's pretty realistic.

I just don't like how Cerise went "awww you just wanted attention here ya go buddy" at the end, he should've scolded the kid and told him that that's how you make enemies. Don't be afraid of negativity in CotD episodes, Pokemon. Not evey one-time conflict has to end with everyone happy.

I agree, the Professor should have been more stern. He came off as too soft.

Wondering what is the staff playing....
Because this is a kodomo, it doesn't mean that there shouldn't be believable/realistic negative emotions or deep topics.

What kind of message is that....?

You cannot fix anything with feeling sorry or being indulgent.
Often, harshness is the answer.

I admit that Anipoke always sucked when trying to give aesops or moral lessons.

To be fair, as stupid as this "notice me senpai" approach is, it's pretty realistic.
Is it really, though? I don't think it's the norm, so to speak, to antagonize someone in a convoluted fashion for attention, let alone an autograph. This wasn't even the stereotypical "boy likes girl, so he makes fun of her to show it" trope.

Is it really, though? I don't think it's the norm, so to speak, to antagonize someone in a convoluted fashion for attention, let alone an autograph. This wasn't even the stereotypical "boy likes girl, so he makes fun of her to show it" trope.
I mean, yeah, it is. Lots of famous people have been harrased by over-excited fans, and I've even watched a video once where a YouTuber had people literally stalk her to her hotel just for an autograph. I wouldn't be too surprised if someone in the real world went as far as to steal from someone just to get noticed by them.

I mean, yeah, it is. Lots of famous people have been harrased by over-excited fans, and I've even watched a video once where a YouTuber had people literally stalk her to her hotel just for an autograph. I wouldn't be too surprised if someone in the real world went as far as to steal from someone just to get noticed by them.
Hmm. I suppose when you put it in that perspective of being a madly obsessed fan and this being a depiction/comment of such, then fair enough.

What kind of message is that....?

You cannot fix anything with feeling sorry or being indulgent.
Often, harshness is the answer.

I admit that Anipoke always sucked when trying to give aesops or moral lessons.
It depends on culture, as far as I know, Japanese tend to forgive one's fault if person is ready to admit it and compensate for the harm.

It depends on culture, as far as I know, Japanese tend to forgive one's fault if person is ready to admit it and compensate for the harm.

Doesn't Japan have one of the highest prosecution rates in the world, to the point where the "Ace Attorney" games were originally created to satirise that?

Hmm. I suppose when you put it in that perspective of being a madly obsessed fan and this being a depiction/comment of such, then fair enough.
You have to remember that Professor Cerise is a very famous researcher in the Pokemon world, it makes sense for him to have lots of fans.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom