• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review JN079: Moon and Sun, Koharu and Haruhi

My random guesses would be "Cleo" or "Louise". The sun/moon part will likely be rewritten.
The Sun/Moon motif is too attached to the plot to just write it off.

Then happens that the dubbers doesn't bother with it and outright omit this episode.

...why would they omit the entire episode because of one single line? :confused:
I never liked dubbers, sorry. Anime should be viewed in Japanese, subs if needed.

The only thing that they can do, without messing up, is keep the original names.

My random guesses would be "Cleo" or "Louise". The sun/moon part will likely be rewritten.
Other way around is more likely - their names being similar is never brought up again, so they could just change it to some form of "that's a nice name" and keep the sun/moon theming

'course they could do the unthinkable and let Haruhi, Hisashi, Tsukiya, and Bakugo keep their names

Admittedly, I'm surprised this episodes didn't get more reviews. Although it was a filler, it was one of those who turn out to be really good.
I particularly liked the episode's main motif, making up for each other's flaws and thus working together to support each other. Haruhi who was representing this idea is a mature and very good COTD and thus she deserved to become the new castle lord. Nice to see how she managed to forget the past and make up with Tsukiya. Being able to make up instead of leaving somebody behind as a disappointed, embittered person is a great message that the episode conveyed.

All in all, a really good episode with serveral philosophical aspects that everybody, not just Ash, Go and Chloe, can learn from.

Admittedly, I'm surprised this episodes didn't get more reviews. Although it was a filler, it was one of those who turn out to be really good.
I particularly liked the episode's main motif, making up for each other's flaws and thus working together to support each other. Haruhi who was representing this idea is a mature and very good COTD and thus she deserved to become the new castle lord. Nice to see how she managed to forget the past and make up with Tsukiya. Being able to make up instead of leaving somebody behind as a disappointed, embittered person is a great message that the episode conveyed.

All in all, a really good episode with serveral philosophical aspects that everybody, not just Ash, Go and Chloe, can learn from.
Is this really filler, though? It's still part of Koharu's/Chloe's Eevee's arc, no?

Well, I'd say it depends on how important you consider Koharu/Chloe for the main story. I'd say she's definitely more important than a standard character but to me it doesn't feel like she's on the exact same level as Ash (and Go). More like a "second class" companion, even if that sounds a bit rude

This did not deserve to be a one-off episode.

Seriously, why didn't they turn this into an arc, like with the ninja festival in XY? There was just so much potential here and the CotD's were honestly pretty charming here-I would love to learn more about them. The lore was so expansive and interesting, the set-pieces were beautiful to see and it honestly felt like Satoshi, Go, and Koharu were actually in some other place instead of Kanto, and it honestly all felt far too rushed for me to stop and appreciate it. Not to mention, the score was BEAUTIFUL and felt really unique compared to past pokemon episodes.

If not an arc, then at the very least it should've been a two-parter. As it is, it felt like too much information crammed into twenty minutes and really deserved forty.

It was such an enjoyable filler and I honestly think I liked this one more than the Iris episode, but man, I regret that this couldn't have lasted a bit longer. Also, the animation felt off at times, especially during the battle with Katsuki. I also thought it would've been nice if Katsuki was explored more as a villain, like with Kagetomo, especially since Katsuki, in my opinion, felt much more interesting. He went through hardships; why didn't we actually see that? As it is, it really does look like they forgave him for no real reason, and while forgiveness in itself is not an inherently bad thing, it would've had more impact if we saw Katsuki reflect on his actions or saw his hardships shown.

Despite Koharu being the focus, she also at the same time, didn't feel like the focus? Like, I would've liked if they spent a bit more time on Koharu trying to escape instead of Eevee just magically being able to find her(and yes, I realize this was probably a result of her Copycat and more foreshadowing, but it just felt a little too fast for my taste). And it would've been nice if she spent a bit more time bonding with Haruhi and was kept in captivity longer to make the stakes higher. Or have Katsuki's pokemon establish their strengths first so the stakes felt genuine. Basically, this episode could've seriously had more weight and benefited greatly from being turned into a two-parter.

It honestly felt like I was watching a separate anime from Journeys for a moment and lost myself in the super cool lore and how these three kids got thrown into the drama that came with it. But then the twenty minutes was over, so I couldn't really appreciate it.

Still, I do think this is one of the more enjoyable Journeys episodes and didn't really have any factors that made me personally irritated-I just think it was a bit rushed and deserved to be two-episodes. Given all the factors such as the beautiful art; but rather off animation, the interesting lore and CotD's; but lack of proper exploration, the intriguing premise; but a lack of properly paced execution, and the gorgeous sounding background music(when Haruhi walked up to the plat-form, I was literally on the edge of my seat after Koharu's kidnapping), I give this episode an 8/10!

I don't understand
the evil broter who attacked his brother was trying to kill him or just take him down to be king?
about the evil brother, I was reading his family went into hiding, he means the lord and the whole family went to hiding or
the evil brother might have a wife and kids went to hiding for the shame? so the decedents are cousins

new episode next week about project mew
how this helps to find mew do they have tracker or something to find mew

I found this episode to be so corny. Like how did eevee sense where chloe was when there was no espeon to copy. Another thing that really irks me in journeys is how these filler battles are. The opponent pokemon just stand there while getting beaten up and shoot ranged moves because it seems the animators are too lazy to make animations for like poison fang for example for ariados. I don’t really like how eevee is able to copy other pokemon but they call it unique for some reason. I would give this episode a 2/10

I don't really count this as a Koharu episode as the episode mostly focused Haruhi instead, but at least Eevee used some new moves. Interetingly, both this and Koharu's previous episode focused on yin yang symbolism.

Been watching a few reviews on Youtube, some complain that they didn't really do much with the Chloe/Haruhi doppleganger element, besides a trick on Ash and Goh and Chloe getting kidnapped by mistake

Would have been nice if they had done more with it, wonder what Chloe might say to her mum and dad about her doppleganger.

This episode tried to take itself more seriously than Pokemon usually does and ended up really boring.
It was like the plot of a Pokemon movie condensed into an episode except instead of having too much going on, there's too little going on and the episode just drags despite having a plot reminiscent of a whole potential Movie.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom